Does health regeneration delay bother you

• So while not a big deal, I do find it a minor annoyance that health regeneration will stop and more importantly you have to wait another 4 seconds for it to restart.

So for example if I am crouching behind the cart, see an archer off in the distance and lift up my shield for a millisecond - regen stops, please wait another 4 seconds.

If I am standing around without an enemy in sight and accidentally my pinkie hits the shift key for a millisecond - regen stops, please wait another 4 seconds.

Hardly terrible, but it would have been nice to have a reprieve on a second delay, even if it was just say 2 seconds instead of 4.

• I find it to be completely random. It could be the instant you stop doing somehing that disables healing or you have to wait a while.

• It’s a bit troublesome although I do believe it might be better for balance, that way you won’t block or try to sprint if you want to recover. It’s like a reward for not moving at all.

• Pfff health regen shouldn’t even exist, this is a casual thing, the 4seconds wait are already too fast, 7seconds or more was better, it’s a pain in the ass to fight a knight who constantly back up in a duel, you need 5/6 shot as maa……

• I hate the current health regen system as a defender on TO, it makes surviving utterly pointless as the person you killed gets back to your location when you have at best two-thirds max health and that’s assuming you don’t have your regen delayed further, dying is by far the fastest way to gain health, which just seems silly

• @gregcau:

So while not a big deal, I do find it a minor annoyance that health regeneration will stop and more importantly you have to wait another 4 seconds for it to restart.

So for example if I am crouching behind the cart, see an archer off in the distance and lift up my shield for a millisecond - regen stops, please wait another 4 seconds.

If I am standing around without an enemy in sight and accidentally my pinkie hits the shift key for a millisecond - regen stops, please wait another 4 seconds.

Hardly terrible, but it would have been nice to have a reprieve on a second delay, even if it was just say 2 seconds instead of 4.

Already thought about it…
    The problem here is to avoid people to fleeing/running/turtle-shielding too easely and regen at the same time everytime they just stand still for a second.

Maybe the solution here would be that if you run or lift your shield for more than x seconds than you’ll have to wait again 4 seconds before regen otherwise you just wait for 1-2 seconds…

• @Blackleader:

Already thought about it…
    The problem here is to avoid people to fleeing/running/turtle-shielding too easely and regen at the same time everytime they just stand still for a second.

Maybe the solution here would be that if you run or lift your shield for more than x seconds than you’ll have to wait again 4 seconds before regen otherwise you just wait for 1-2 seconds…

I dont mind not regenerating while sprinting/turtling - that makes sense just paying the penalty multiple times for a split second sprint catches me out sometimes.

I agree with your solution though I bet they don’t want to touch the regen code since we have seen a couple of bugs with it in the past.

• Yes it does bother me. :)

• If you hold your shield up before regen starts, your regen will kick in even while you have the shield up.

• I was about to make a thread about this - it does seem pretty weird that my best option is to just die rather than back away and regen. Perhaps make it so that getting a kill boosts the regen / starts it immediately? Idk if that’s gimmicky or not though.

• lol this is the third time its changed in the last 3 patches, I made a big question about it yesterday kinda like this but with other examples. Ill copy paste if/when I can. Basically if these recent major regen changes have been bugs or intended since they are NOT in the last 3 patch notes.

• Should be more like: You can only recover health if it’s been 4 seconds since you took damage and you are not performing any combat actions.

This way, you can’t recover health mid-combat, nor while sprinting or swinging your weapon, but if you are out of combat and sprint for a bit then when you stop, the regen will immediately start.

As Josh said, in comp. we might as well start killing each other after defending an attack if we have low hp as it never comes back in time for the next attack, yet a respawn will.

• Personally it’s a point of pride with me to survive as long as possible, including hiding in a bush until the red bar has cleared the screen if needs be. But I’m probably a bit odd.

• I find it a bit annoying in general, that regen is so slow. Hardly ever I have the patience to wait for my wounds to heal. I just rather attack, die, and respawn.

If I would play “smartly” I would of course always wait for regen, to have a good K/D and not many deaths. But that would mean half the time (or more) sitting alone in a corner. Which isn’t much fun. The clever way to play is not very much fun in Chivalry.

• you have to think of an objective server, and how this would change defense. If defenders healed quickly like that, they could hold an objective potentially endlessly. By the time a team got wiped, the defenders could regen before they could spawn and run all the way back. Having to stop sprinting/attacking/blocking gives reward to doing damage and throwing off attack waves… It would also be tougher to defend while enemy team is healing while sprinting at you. It’s all about balancing, and about being able to throw off an attack wave.

In duels, especially FFA duels, there’s no chase mechanic, someone could run away from you while healing if they ever took damage. This would also just effect FFA in general especially on larger maps where anyone could just run away.