Um kicked to death turned feint discussion

• So I was on a duel server just now and I just kicked to death, kick after kick after kick.

Is this someone using the stamina hack or is stamina usage low when they connect with the kick.

I was a knight at full health, couldnt move, swing or anything, albeit I was forced against a wall.

• stam hack

• That or it was king leonidas.

• Defo a hack/glitch. No way you have enough stamina to kick even an archer to death.

• @King:

That or it was king leonidas.

Oh I get it, cause king leonidas kicked that one dude into a giant pit in that one movie that came out 6 years ago. Hey, that’s pretty funny!

@NabsterHax:

Defo a hack/glitch. No way you have enough stamina to kick even an archer to death.

Chivalry game mechanic experts have now confirmed that this is indeed a hack. Possible terrorist attack on America? More on this at 11.

• Kicking people to death is more Jet Lee’s style anyway. Leonidas probably didn’t even get a kill credit.

• I’ve seen some man at arms dodging as much as he wanted to, he was panting the whole time but just continued for like 15 dodges

• @Helgeran:

Kicking people to death is more Jet Lee’s style anyway. Leonidas probably didn’t even get a kill credit.

So true!
    Imagine if all the knights could use Jet Lee style Kung fu, it would probably look something like this.

_QVSmm9wQPk

• @Helgeran:

Kicking people to death is more Jet Lee’s style anyway. Leonidas probably didn’t even get a kill credit.

Surprised this discussion is heading in that direction rather than the failure of any kinda hack protection being implemented.

• @JCash:

@Helgeran:

Surprised this discussion is heading in that direction rather than the failure of any kinda hack protection being implemented.

but you uninstalled and quit - why do you care

• @gregcau:

@JCash:

@Helgeran:

They always come back. ;)

• @gregcau:

@JCash:

@Helgeran:

I uninstalled and quit the beta.

They have had so much negative feedback about feints, and you’d only need to go on a duel server for 5 minutes to get the problem with them. And even the harsher nerf to feints they had in the prior beta wasn’t enough of one.

I just dont understand the thought processes of the dev team.

You can feint on six blows, it takes 1-4 to get a kill, meaning all fights take place within the ‘random guess’ zone created by feint, a luck based mechanic that de values all other gameplay aspects. If it was in principle readable but difficult at least it would be a reaction time stressor. Right now it just challenges my patience for getting killed randomly.

Makes the person they’re being used ON feel powerless… idk the issues with it are myriad. Terrible design choice i cant wrap my head around.

If it cost 50-75% of your stam bar, it would still be a free hit luck based mechanic, but at least then it would have a negative proportional to its benefit. But you got me off topic kinda.

• @JCash:

I uninstalled and quit the beta.

They have had so much negative feedback about feints, and you’d only need to go on a duel server for 5 minutes to get the problem with them. And even the harsher nerf to feints they had in the prior beta wasn’t enough of one.

I just dont understand the thought processes of the dev team.

You can feint on six blows, it takes 1-4 to get a kill, meaning all fights take place within the ‘random guess’ zone created by feint, a luck based mechanic that de values all other gameplay aspects. If it was in principle readable but difficult at least it would be a reaction time stressor. Right now it just challenges my patience for getting killed randomly.

Makes the person they’re being used ON feel powerless… idk the issues with it are myriad. Terrible design choice i cant wrap my head around.

If it cost 50-75% of your stam bar, it would still be a free hit luck based mechanic, but at least then it would have a negative proportional to its benefit. But you got me off topic kinda.

Well said Cash. :)

• @JCash:

They have had so much negative feedback about feints, and you’d only need to go on a duel server for 5 minutes to get the problem with them.

I assume you were only on for 5 minutes…

I was on for maybe 5 hours or so and didn’t see any feint complaints.

I think the problem you are having is that you parry too quickly instead of waiting until the last opportunity to parry.

When I observe the top tier players, that is what they do and that is what separates them from the rest of the players.

• @Panzerlang:

I thought you were JCash too…

• @gregcau:

@Panzerlang:

I thought you were JCash too…

You were unable to discern the difference in our style? I guess that’s what separates the top-tier in English comprehension from the rest. ;) :lol:

• You should not be able to kick people to death, considering the fact that you can’t block or parry a kick. So if you are really really low on health, people are just able to come in and ignore any parry or block, easily killing you with one decisive kick. It has happend to me several times.

• @gregcau:

@JCash:

They have had so much negative feedback about feints, and you’d only need to go on a duel server for 5 minutes to get the problem with them.

I think the problem you are having is that you parry too quickly instead of waiting until the last opportunity to parry.

When I observe the top tier players, that is what they do and that is what separates them from the rest of the players.

Since when is it a good idea to balance a game around the top tier players?

• @Hejligan:

Since when is it a good idea to balance a game around the top tier players?

Feinting is not an issue in pubs, it is used very infrequently because noobs don’t fall for feints, they are too busy LMB slash spamming.

Duel servers sure is a bit of a middle ground, but you have to learn about feints at some point.

• @gregcau:

No ONE CAN READ FEINTs. Not a single human being.

I think you’re a disingenuous troll. Who do you think these mystical ‘top tier’ feint reading players are? Again, you’re overstating the skill ceiling. There are a whole lot of ‘top tier’ players.

@gregcau:

@Hejligan:

Duel servers sure is a bit of a middle ground, but you have to learn about feints at some point.

Learning to press Q isnt hard for the attacker, the ability to block a feint would take jesus christ descending from heaven and blessing your efforts.

–-

And, if you go on a duel server (not a duel mode server , a proper FFA duel server with all r40s)

They either won’t feint to make their fights interesting, or they will feint and the winner will be a cointoss.

Feint, at face value, has zero redeeming value. None