CU1 Patch 2 BETA

• some guy just quoted the entire patch notes, and then pretty much said: i like this, but didn’t test anything. GLHF! What a constructive use of space

• I don’t get it. Why would you guys reduce dodge speed of the MAA?

• @clayton-bigsby:

some guy just quoted the entire patch notes, and then pretty much said: i like this, but didn’t test anything. GLHF! What a constructive use of space

Which is less constructive - his, yours or this one? Dont be bashing people for positive feedback, we need more of that not less.

• Overall I like it a lot!

Just one thing: Allies not interrupting you as easily as enemies do? Why? Is TB a fan of groups spamming attacks one one poor guy? Dont understand it, sounds wrong to me…

And a question to make sure: Broadsword wasnt changed at all? I like it cvause that means I dont have to learn the new timings… ;)

• Fixed the passive shield block hitbox counting as a head damage multiplier for melee weapons.

Can someone please explain what does that mean? :o

• SWEET thanks for all the combat bug fixes!

“Vertical turn rate is now capped during windups the same way horizontal turn rate is.”

Capping turn rates limits 2handers since they have a long windup compared to 1 handers with low wind up speed. But I am sure you knew that already.

“Feinting is no longer disabled in the last 150 ms of a windup, but feinting during this period will result in an increased recovery of .5 seconds before you can swing again.”

Hmm I need to feint more. :D

All weapons have had their speed changed but not all are increased the same %?

So yeah that’s like a huge balance change. A what percent faster or slower list of each weapon would be nice.

p.s. is my drunk typing hard to understand?

p.s.s. if you fixed the bardiche handle from doing damage its not that op of a weapon, maybe because I played bardiche so much I see how easy it is to defend. disappointed it was nerfed so hard on windup. the bill hook is the crazy one and you made it faster.

Instead of a longer windup to combat overheads they just need to limit how much you can increase speed by looking at your shoes, which I believe is already being addressed in some manor and I hope this is not the manor.

You all are doing a great job, your dedication is not overlooked.

still downloadin

• Hmm i like a lot of changes in patch, combat feels a bit different (for the better).
    I still think feinting needs more work. In my opinion it is like 10-15% better than it was in patch 1. :)

• @gregcau:

@clayton-bigsby:

some guy just quoted the entire patch notes, and then pretty much said: i like this, but didn’t test anything. GLHF! What a constructive use of space

Which is less constructive - his, yours or this one? Dont be bashing people for positive feedback, we need more of that not less.

mine.

• Just played it……i am only gonna say this…if they import this patch the way it is i quit the game.

• I didn’t think it was possible the fuck up the game this bad.

• @Shard:

Just played it……i am only gonna say this…if they import this patch the way it is i quit the game.

Its Beta, and they already said there are things they were not happy with.

So maybe provide constructive feedback…

• Yes, game have different problems, but 1 of them really unbalances it - DODGE.
    Remove this ability.

• Yes, game have different problems, but 1 of them really unbalances it - DODGE.
    Remove this ability.

Stop crying about dodge seriously, i play vs you, you just don’t have the good tactics vs a guy who dodge a lot, now the dodge is slower and yet you continue to complain about the game, sure it’s not like this, that you gonna find a way to win.

• @gregcau:

@Shard:

Just played it……i am only gonna say this…if they import this patch the way it is i quit the game.

Its Beta, and they already said there are things they were not happy with.

So maybe provide constructive feedback…

Yup that’s why i said if they import it….
    Anyway for the constructive feedback…even though they don’t give a shit about our opinions.
    Longsword dragging is now almost impossible due to the longer wind up and increased speed of the post wind-up stages.
    One handed weapons such as (Hatchet,Broad sword,Norse sword,Falchion…etc.) still go through parries like a warm knife through butter.
    The one thing they should have sped up was the combo times on a couple of weapons…yet they decrease the speed of long sword combo etc…therefor making opponents accelerated overheads an instant combo breaker if you hit the first strike in the earlier stages of the attack.
    The fact that i who never played Men at Arms can beat some very skilled knights and vanguards with a MAA is a joke on it’s own.
    Super-dash of the MAA still isn’t fixed.
    It’s still very easy to stab through shields as the hit boxes are poopoo-kaka.
    All in all brilliant job Torn Banner.
    If it were up to me i would rather leave the game as it is…cause it is WAY more balanced than it is in the beta… moor beta FFA/duel server (0 archer/12 MAA/2 Vanguards/5 Knights).The lack of archers is obvious cause it is a melee FFA duel server but the number of MAA’s is gonna go up quite a lot if the patch goes in the way it is.

• with the dodge changes, in addition to the facehug-bubble, i think it will change the way people feel about Men at arms dodges, more consistent to defend against, and less missed parries… because you might actually be looking in the right direction now lol

• I have to congratulate Torn Banner Studios for this amazing, well done patch!

[image:2pe6ve59]http://www.brainleadersandlearners.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/wired-for-winning.png[/image:2pe6ve59]

^sarcasm btw, the patch is fucking terrible lol

• The removal/ ‘‘nerf’’ of dragging is a sad thing.
    There is almost no use of the real-time strikes anymore.
    Delay is gone, just like side stabs (very hard to do now).
    This will make the combat focus even more on feints than before.

I see the concept you guys wanted to put in the game, but it just doesn’t work right.

• With the new combo parry stamina nerfs maa needs their dodge take double the stamina or something. Class is even more retardedly easy now

• I tried the beta and I don’t see anything wrong with it?
    Is it just me or does it feel more polished.

• @Glboom:

Is it just me or does it feel more polished.

A patch making the game more polished? Oh dear…

That is probably what they are going for. ;)