Can I have a CD of Chivalry?

• The reason I want a CD is because my computer is no offense too stupid to run this game, and I would like a CD so I may actually be able to play this great game. I’m kind of young and don’t have a job at the moment, so going out and getting a new computer is a huge hassle. And while I understand if you may think that I’ll just pirate the game and sell it to my friends at a cheaper price, I definitely will not, that’s not my thing. I just want to play the game. Please, this is my first post so I don’t know how this works, nut this is for admins only, because I don’t think many normal people will be able to help me, unless you talk to an admin, and show them this post. Please and thank you!

• Well how about we try and fix your current problem. I have a tutorial YouTube channel. Im used to dealing with retarded 8 year olds.

How is your computer “too stupid” to run it? What is it doing exactly.

How did you buy the game (steam, torn banner website, etc)

Us “normal” people could probably get your computer to run what you have currently instead of getting a new key.

And as I recall I don’t think CDs (DVDs really) of this game were sold. Download only. And only downloadable On steam.

• I’m not sure what your reasoning for wanting a physical copy of the game is, if it’s not working for you with the digital download. Like Lemon said, you need to give more info.

We do not have physical copies to give away, but they are sold in the UK.

http://www.amazon.com/Chivalry-Medieval … al+warfare

• @Kimiko:

We do not have physical copies to give away, but they are sold in the UK.

http://www.amazon.com/Chivalry-Medieval … al+warfare

Explains the box art I saw. That’s why i wasn’t sure.

• Well, I’m not an 8 year old, first off, I’m in fact 16, and this wasn’t my idea, however it was my dads. i got it off steam, and when i was setting it up, it was on about different computer types I don’t know, I’m not computer smart or anything and my type of computer again, i don’t know wasn’t listed, so my dad told me to pick the option closest to ours. I tried playing it and it was unbelievably laggy, beyond what I’ve ever seen, and I couldn’t see anybody else, and it said my ping this I’m proud of knowing lol was 0. I meant no offense by saying normal people, I just couldn’t find a better word for people who don’t manage any of this and stuff like that.

• @LinkIV:

Well, I’m not an 8 year old, first off, I’m in fact 16, and this wasn’t my idea, however it was my dads. i got it off steam, and when i was setting it up, it was on about different computer types I don’t know, I’m not computer smart or anything and my type of computer again, i don’t know wasn’t listed, so my dad told me to pick the option closest to ours. I tried playing it and it was unbelievably laggy, beyond what I’ve ever seen, and I couldn’t see anybody else, and it said my ping this I’m proud of knowing lol was 0. I meant no offense by saying normal people, I just couldn’t find a better word for people who don’t manage any of this and stuff like that.

Didn’t say you were 8. I’m saying if I can deal wih 8 year olds I can deal with anyone.

What you need to do is run a dxdiag. Now to do that click the windows start button in the button left corner and in the search bar type “dxdiag”. Click ok dxdiag to start it up.

Once that window is up click the button that says “run 32 bit diag” ( the button might say 64 bit but I doubt it). It will then get all your computers technical information. Save that information to the desktop and open it.

Copy all of it. Most of its useless information but I can sift through it easily enough.

Come back to the forums and reply here.

Paste that information using the spoiler tags. When you make a post on these forums you will see a lot of buttons above the text window. Click the one that days spoiler. It will leave two tags making a box like this

! paste the dxdiag you copied in between when you reply

If you quote this message you can see how I did it. I ask you to do that so you don’t just fill up the screen with the dxdiag.

It seems to me like your computer isn’t good enough. The part where you said you selected your computer I think was the part where you selected your Internet speed. Its not lagging because of that. And another copy of the game won’t fix anything.

• Oh, ok, I’ll probably get on that after school, seeing as how this is my dads’ computer, and he’s already left for work, sorry for the mix up there and thank you for helping me :)

• If you got it with Steam, you can always log into steam on another PC (have your dad verify through email that you’ve logged into another PC) and just download the game there. No need to have a physical copy, really.

• @ Event: the thing is, im using my smartest, while it may be on the older side for a computer, its still running well and were not broke or anything, but we dont have a couple hundred to throw away on a computer that is new like that.

• Well its highly likely that your computer is too old to run this game.

Try putting the video settings in the game options on low with things turned off or on low.

• The thing is lemon, I have already tried the and with no difference.

• @LinkIV:

The thing is lemon, I have already tried the and with no difference.

Give me the dxdiag file and we can see how bad your computer is.

In fact the dxdiag window contains quite a bit of useful information. Do you know how to take a screenshot? Download a program that does that and take a screenshot of that dxdiag window.

Upload that screenshot to a picture hosting site. Tinypic.com is a good one.

Then Post the link to the uploaded here of if you know how to embed images do that here.

[image][/image]

It will give you about 4 links to share the image. Copy the link that’s used for embedding images on forums. It’ll tell you which link.

Or do what I said to do before an upload the dxdiag file you saved.

• Right, sorry my dad’s still thinking about it. He is a little nervous about the computer. He doesn’t even allow firewalls.

• @LinkIV:

Right, sorry my dad’s still thinking about it. He is a little nervous about the computer. He doesn’t even allow firewalls.

For some reason I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this.

• @LinkIV:

Right, sorry my dad’s still thinking about it. He is a little nervous about the computer. He doesn’t even allow firewalls.

Lol.

Ok your dad needs to learn how to use a computer. Firewalls are good things they protect your computer from things. Disabling them is a bad idea. They just bitch at you sometimes when you try to do things. But that’s one of the ways it protects your computer it tells you things that might not be safe.

Information from a dxdiag file is useless to any hacker unless they physically stole your computer from your house. Even then its not much. Its your computers technical information. No private information at all. It’ll just give your computer specs then we can see how far off your computer is from the mark.

Telling me what colour the computer is would probably help me a bit.

• @lemonater47:

That made me laugh even more.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

That made me laugh even more.

Bwahaha. No kidding!

• Color? I’m sorry but how would that help? Or are you making a joke? He doesn’t use firewalls because he likes getting the virus himself, using the old black wall, white text thing.

• @LinkIV:

Color? I’m sorry but how would that help? Or are you making a joke? He doesn’t use firewalls because he likes getting the virus himself, using the old black wall, white text thing.

The colour could help me guage how old it is. Roughly. Computers went through certain styles. At the moment most computers are black.

And the black wall white text thing is called the console. While mosts viruses are not hard to get rid of may manually its not a great thing to disable your firewalls in case you get something really nasty

• Well it’s kinda like a grayish on the front, but black on the sides.