IMO players please read

• IMO, This game is all graphics and very little substance.it boasts a deep melee combat but there’s really only three attacks and 1 block to block though’s three attacks.and only one juke combo which is, cancel your attack mid swing then attack but it doesnt matter which swing you choose to attack with because one block ,blocks all the swings.that’s all the moves in the game other then maybe a jump attack.the game for the most part just turns into a mouse1 button masher and timing 1 universal block that isn’t really that hard to get use to or time takes a lot of skill and fun out of it.even though the game does look nice it still reminds me of a hl2 mod. PVK which was out at the same time as chivalry when it was an hl2 mod. had a better and skillful melee system. 1 block for each swing and there was 4 swings(right and left were separate not one button) which actually made you think.plus it had a lot of fun factors like each class having a special ability. another game that did medieval combat better is the mount&blade series with bigger 60 player maps and cavalry and a lot more, armor,helmets boots,gloves,weapons,horses.its just sad to see clans or people trying to get competitive on this game or taking it more serious then having fun with the visuals. im level 28 so i’v been playing this game for a while now and i regret making this purchase. i can pretty much have the same game play experience in the hl2 version that came out so many years ago other then it not being populated anymore.and dont try to say this game is all about timing because other medieval melee games take just as much timing if not more.because in this game you have man at arms who can jump around like a jack rabbit and attack and other class’s can sprint attack almost like a man at arms. meh,but my point is for a purely footman soldier medieval combat game. it has no substance at all with only 3 different attacks!(i dont count kick because it does no damage and hardly anyone uses it in chivalry if anyone,plus other medieval games have it) but at the same time a majority will be won over just by the graphics alone and easy game play.and yes though’s other medieval games are older and look pretty clunky but their melee systems are still better and a good example of what a good medieval combat system should be like if not better by today.

• Change your title, it was definitely not worth reading

• Alright, come to Interitus Duels and block all my attacks

• a purely melee combat game with only three attacks and 1 universal block.that;s sad.you should play more games :o

• When you say universal block…. Are you perhaps thinking of Skyrim, where you just hold a button and everything is magically blocked?

Because this game is not like that

• it kind of is though. when you block in chivalry no matter which angle the swing is coming from the block animation is always the same. how does a horizontal swing get blocked by a weapon held horizontally(let alone a heavy hammer getting blocked by a dagger lol). you would know what i meant if u played any other good medieval game out there.its the same block and same button(no combo needed) and same animation for the only three attacks this deep combat system game has to offer you.

• Another person that wants a M&B clone.

• war of roses,M&B,PVK even jedi knight:jedi academy(even though it wasnt medieval and still has a small dedicated community) has way better melee combat system and way more in depth. plus M%B still has a community so i dunno what your talking about.but please answer this. would you consider a game with only 3 different attacks and a 1 button block that blocks all the attacks in the game which is only 3. an in depth melee combat system?

• and though’s are games that came out in like 2004-2006 and still have somewhat of a community just due to the fact they have good melee mechanics and game play that they cant find in any other games.you really think people would still be playing chivalry today if it wasnt for all the flashy graphics because let me tell you people stopped playing hl2 chivalry along time ago. and its still the same game pretty much other then all the gore and pretty maps.

• @delta:

Change your title, it was definitely not worth reading

I saw a wall of text, then I read this, then I crafted this response and left.

• I’m really not sure what the point of this is. You think other games are better, that’s nice.

• 2/10

• @Oorgle:

You really think people would still be playing chivalry today if it wasn’t for all the flashy graphics because let me tell you…

you know… graphics don’t make a game. I myself play on the lowest settings to be able to spot players far away amidst the foliage.

How is this game a bad purchase? You’ve played till rank 28! Time taken to achieve that rank may vary, but i assume you’ve spent more time on this low price game then plenty of AAA game titles lasting less than 10 hours.

ps: i think you missed alt-swings… (so i believe that makes 4 swings)

• 4U-Szg96r40
    VCJsRFmBMsc
    SBC4udLXBpY

You can’t be serious if you think those 3 games have better combat system than CMW…
    Combat system is not all about the number of different attacks or combinaison you can do. It’s also about the combat feeling that you have while playing it. In those 3 games, it feels so unatural the way they run, jump, timed their attacks. I believe Torn banner wanted something a litle bit more realistic and that’s Chivalry Medieval Warfare. It’s not perfect but the combat feeling is the best I’ve seen so far.

• First off, why don’t we give the devs some time to work things out instead lashing right off the bat. Hell, I don’t even have the game. But I’ve been constantly watching tutorial videos and other game related stuff, and even I have things I wish they could implement. Like for instance a shield/parry bash to interrupt attacks and create staggers, or ways to break the “universal” parry.

I do see the point, partially. Since I used to be part of the SCA out of habit, and I’m sure I will fall into this habit in game as well, I will go for the legs if someone is blocking or side step and try to land a blow. But all we can do for now is simply enjoy the game as it is for now and simply give the devs time to fix things. They don’t spend every single waking moment of their lives catering to your demands in game. They have a company to run, and it involves taking care of other things as well as the game. Priorities.

Sure, these bugs may bug the holy crap out of us, but we gotta keep in mind it’s just a game. It’s going to have imperfections, and bugs are bound to happen. They’re a small company after all, I’m not sure how much QA testers/testing they are able to do before a patch. And as a former QA tester myself, it takes A LOT OF HOURS to find even the most minute yet most annoying glitches out there. Just give them time, and room to breathe. Seriously.

• One of the biggest walls of text I’ve ever seen.

Did not read.

• Unreadable. Now I understand why paragraphs were invented.

From what other people are commenting, I disagree with you completely anyway.

• @Oorgle:

it kind of is though. when you block in chivalry no matter which angle the swing is coming from the block animation is always the same. how does a horizontal swing get blocked by a weapon held horizontally(let alone a heavy hammer getting blocked by a dagger lol). you would know what i meant if u played any other good medieval game out there.its the same block and same button(no combo needed) and same animation for the only three attacks this deep combat system game has to offer you.

This^.

I’ve said elsewhere, there should be a specific parry to go with each strike (it would require new animations). I believe there are five weapon strikes, all of which can be mapped to mouse buttons. There should be a alt-key same-button parry for each of those strikes.

Then do away with feints, do away with the flick parry and make parrying a matter of good aim as it is now but with the parry able to be kept up permanently aka Skyrim. Additionally make it realistic in terms of what is parrying what. Eg, a dagger should not be able to parry a bloody great longsword under any circumstances! We all know what would happen in real life. For more closely matched weapons (for ALL weapons and shields), let weight and strike power dictate what happens when strike meets parry. If the striking weapon is lighter than the one recieving it the attacker loses stamina (the amount depending on the weight differential plus the effect of the speed of the strike). If the striking weapon is heavier the person blocking it loses stamina.

And so on and so forth. If we could have character attributes too the combat would take on a whole other dimension of depth and complexity. We’re talking about match-up combinations of the nth number to the nth power kind of shizzle. But skill in footwork, maneouver and timing would still dictate the outcome to the largest degree.

• Coming from a guy who thinks weapons like broadsword and mace are underpowered because they are in the first column…

Seriously, if you dont like the game stop playing it, but since the guy said hes lvl28 he either doesnt understand that concept or is a liar.

I enjoy it a great deal and threads like that will not change anything about it.

• @Panzerlang:

@Oorgle:

it kind of is though. when you block in chivalry no matter which angle the swing is coming from the block animation is always the same. how does a horizontal swing get blocked by a weapon held horizontally(let alone a heavy hammer getting blocked by a dagger lol). you would know what i meant if u played any other good medieval game out there.its the same block and same button(no combo needed) and same animation for the only three attacks this deep combat system game has to offer you.

This^.

I’ve said elsewhere, there should be a specific parry to go with each strike (it would require new animations). I believe there are five weapon strikes, all of which can be mapped to mouse buttons. There should be a alt-key same-button parry for each of those strikes.

Then do away with feints, do away with the flick parry and make parrying a matter of good aim as it is now but with the parry able to be kept up permanently aka Skyrim. Additionally make it realistic in terms of what is parrying what. Eg, a dagger should not be able to parry a bloody great longsword under any circumstances! We all know what would happen in real life. For more closely matched weapons (for ALL weapons and shields), let weight and strike power dictate what happens when strike meets parry. If the striking weapon is lighter than the one recieving it the attacker loses stamina (the amount depending on the weight differential plus the effect of the speed of the strike). If the striking weapon is heavier the person blocking it loses stamina.

And so on and so forth. If we could have character attributes too the combat would take on a whole other dimension of depth and complexity. We’re talking about match-up combinations of the nth number to the nth power kind of shizzle. But skill in footwork, maneouver and timing would still dictate the outcome to the largest degree.

Sounds like you two want a completely different game. In my opinion these “points” would ruin it, I’d stop playing. The simplicity of how to do the things in the game is what creates the complexity of the game, basically you can make it as complex as you want, depending on your play style. For instance, instead of parrying, I dodge out of the way, because I’m not too great with parrying. You guys want to create something completely over the top and unnecessary.