Spawning without weapons?

• I’ve never had this happen to be before, but suddenly it happened to me like 5 times in the last few hours.

I spawn with no weapons, and can’t jump. From my POV my fist is out as if holding a sword though. Trying to switch weapons just gives me the “clunk” sound effect that plays when you can’t do something.

[attachment=1:25drabdi]2013-05-19_00001.jpg[/attachment:25drabdi]
    [attachment=0:25drabdi]2013-05-19_00003.jpg[/attachment:25drabdi]

• I think I have seen it once, something got them to appear, it wasnt switching though - maybe blocking.

• Now that’s extremely odd. Can you think of anything that happened before you died or as you were spawning?

• I tried all manner of things to get the weapons to appear. Everything just made that clink noise.

I can’t think of anything special I was doing before dying or respawning though. Probably chatting while respawning, but this was FFA, not the broken duel mode chat system.

Also, WTF is with those disembodied arms floating above me? They’re always aligned on one axis, so they don’t rotate with my view.

• Ok I’m not gonna lie, I probably died while doing a lookdown overhead. I hope this isn’t some form of divine retribution.

• @dudeface:

Ok I’m not gonna lie, I probably died while doing a lookdown overhead. I hope this isn’t some form of divine retribution.

Did you hit the ground, and did you respawn almost immediately after dying? When you hit the ground, you enter a special deflected state - in the normal parry-deflected state, you can block, but you can’t do anything after a ground (or wall) hit. It might be possible that you died right at the end of a respawn wave and somehow respawned in this deflected state.

• Occasionally that does result in my death, but I doubt it happened each and every time yesterday. Two of my deaths were just random taken from behind while FFAing deaths. I haven’t been hit by this bug since then but I’ll try to take better note if and when it strikes next.

I seem to recall that they weren’t all instant respawns, though.

• This happened to me in duel mode yesterday. Did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary before dying. I guess it can’t be respawn timer related if it happens in duel? (it was my 1st death, so there was a gap before I respawned)