Why I never fall for a feint

• Because I block at the very last moment.

Why I never fall for a facehugging strike ?

Because I don’t follow my opponent movement, I follow his weapon movement.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON’T LET NEWCOMERS NERF THIS GAME TO DEATH.

there is absolutely no problem with feints at all.

Hell I was watching the player rayzel play. If you know him his strategy is sticking his char against you + spamming feint left and right until ur confused. That is very hard to tell which way he is gonna strike. But once you get used to it, and you know what he does he become super easy to kill.

Learn to play the game damn you. We don’t need nerfs. Stop this Madness or your playerbase will split.
    PLEASE TORN BANNER DON’T DO THAT

• How to block feints:

SNORT A S#*T LOAD OF SPEED !

[image:3ogvv1xr]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5d6m0ujNn1r4vgnko1_500.gif[/image:3ogvv1xr]

In all seriousness feinting isn’t the largest problem, the problem is swings doing 100% damage at the very start of the release, meaning you literally have no time to distinguish between a feint and an actual swing.

• Troll.

No-one, repeat, no-one, is still maintaining that feints can be read. Those peope lost their argument ages ago.

I mean think about it. For lots of attacks, you need to parry during the windup or you will get hit (lookdown overheads in particular). Therefore any feint which is fairly late is literally impossible for humans to react to.

• Feints can be read, at a distance. Facehugging feints is extremely hard to tell as you’re only able to see the first half of the weapon instead of the end of the weapon. So if someone feints right up to you, it becomes a guessing game.

• @cygnus:

Because I block at the very last moment.

Hell I was watching the player rayzel play. If you know him his strategy is sticking his char against you + spamming feint left and right until ur confused. That is very hard to tell which way he is gonna strike. But once you get used to it, and you know what he does he become super easy to kill.

Learn to play the game damn you. We don’t need nerfs. Stop this Madness or your playerbase will split.

Okay then.
    I will take the norse sword, stand about 2 feet from you and will launch attacks on you with feints mixed in. If you can parry 90% of them, I will believe you.

• @cygnus:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON’T LET NEWCOMERS NERF THIS GAME TO DEATH

THIS

Something I really enjoy about this game is figuring other players out. I absolutely love being smashed by someone and while I’m spawning I’ll lay out exactly what they do and try to understand if they initiate combat the same way every time etc… Usually I can devise a plan and understanding of them enough to actually start dominating them.

Most players initiate combat the same way every time, and in my opinion, I believe the way you initiate combat is one the the most important(along with other variables of course)when fighting someone. So even if it means they throw out feints left and right, eventually you read them and understand how they do things to take them out as quickly as possible. Gets you thinking!

• @Keith:

Feints can be read, at a distance. Facehugging feints is extremely hard to tell as you’re only able to see the first half of the weapon instead of the end of the weapon. So if someone feints right up to you, it becomes a guessing game.

This… the problem is facehugging, not feinting.

• I played against you in a TO last week and killed you twice with feints, cygnus. And I’m crap at feints. Just saying. :)

• @Goregasm:

@cygnus:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON’T LET NEWCOMERS NERF THIS GAME TO DEATH

THIS

Something I really enjoy about this game is figuring other players out. I absolutely love being smashed by someone and while I’m spawning I’ll lay out exactly what they do and try to understand if they initiate combat the same way every time etc… Usually I can devise a plan and understanding of them enough to actually start dominating them.

Most players initiate combat the same way every time, and in my opinion, I believe the way you initiate combat is one the the most important(along with other variables of course)when fighting someone. So even if it means they throw out feints left and right, eventually you read them and understand how they do things to take them out as quickly as possible. Gets you thinking!

It sounds like you have never played someone above lvl 30…

• Mildly funny, but not enough for a chuckle. 4/10, try harder next time OP.

Although in all seriousness, I for the most part agree that feints themselves are not game-breaking and not impossible to read, but face-hugging feints (or any feint where the enemy is in a position to make an attack that would spawn hit tracers already inside you, or so close that it makes no difference) are game-breaking and are impossible to read.

If, someone is able to make an attack which, given the combination of internet latency and human reflex speed, you HAVE to parry a moment before the windup finishes or get hit then THAT is purely chance-based and severely detrimental to combat.
    If you have to parry during a time of the windup in which the opponent still has the ability to feint out of it and immediately attack then it’s a total guessing game.
    You flip a coin, if it’s tails you guess it’ll be a last-moment-feint and you counterattack, if it’s head you guess it’ll be a real attack and you parry.
    Whether or not you get hit after this kind of feint is just a game of Rock Paper Scissors.

The changes to feint in the Beta are acting to counteract this game-breaking potential of feints. Feinting at the last possible moment puts you into an attack-cooldown, preventing you from getting a free hit if you’ve employed the game-breaking unreadable Rock Paper Scissors Spawn Hittracers Inside The Enemy exploit.
    Most people will still fall victim to this trick, but at least with the last-moment cooldown penalty it will be possible (with very fast reflexes and low ping at least) to read the more abusive feints.
    I commend Torn Banner for actually attempting to fix broken game-play issues.

Torn Banner wants feinting as a core game mechanic. I want feinting as a core game mechanic. But that doesn’t mean saying “it’s perfect the way it is” without being at all critical and attempting to fix anything you find which is objectively wrong with the game.

• Duel Sophax.

• @cygnus:

Because I block at the very last moment.

If u can read my feints, I will delete the game from my pc, and I will give you my steam account details for free.

• There’s no figuring out someone who can execute instant overheads… you only beat them to it. If that’s your idea of skill-based ok. It’s more like who can pass GO first and collect $200 (passing go being who can score the first difficult to parry overhead).

And Cygnus, im pretty sure i’ve seen you fall for many feints in-game. Maybe I should record you all day and make 10 forum posts about it.

• feints doesnt need a big nerf, just for high dammage weapons
    what really need a nerf is dragging

• Add me, if you can react to 15 feints in a row, I’ll give you $10,000.

No one will ever claim the money.

Please let’s just stop pretending people can read feints up close. It cannot be done, period. Defense against proper feints is in anticipation and some footwork.

• never is a strong word

• Lookdown overheads start their release inside of the player model. You can feint anytime during windup. Unless you can parry in 0 seconds you are forced to parry during windup. I like feints but they are doing the right thing trying to make it so you can’t feint during the entire windup.

• I’m gonna get rich !

Oh yea…

If you have never won a 8 vs 1 before, if you have never chopped the head of someone mid-air, if you never pressed C in front of a spawn before killing them all. if you never made it to 80 kills in team objective then…

I’m sorry, ur not skilled enough tu judge feints

• Feints are not the problem. The problem is that the parries are timed. That is beyond stupid. So we are supposed to know the timing, animation and direction of our parry, then try and time with with an attack or even a feint.

Why can you not press the parry button and it raise as soon as you press it and if you keep pressing it the weapon is held up like a shield? Funny you can hold up a shield for as long a your stamina holds out but your weapon is just to heavy…. With a press as you need parry, you can hold it or tap it as necessary instead of the timed bs that it is now. The longer you hold it up there would be a slight stamina drain. If you tap it and time it right you could actually attack faster from a solid parry. If you could hold it up it would add more depth to the game, frustrating those that feint spam and attack faster from a tap parry. It is a win win.

• @cygnus:

I’m gonna get rich !

Oh yea…

If you have never won a 8 vs 1 before, if you have never chopped the head of someone mid-air, if you never pressed C in front of a spawn before killing them all. if you never made it to 80 kills in team objective then…

I’m sorry, ur not skilled enough tu judge feints

I’ve done all of those things, actually. Only 73 kills in a TO, but that’s without any offensive feints.

Feints cannot be reacted to. We can debate until the end of time if it’s a good thing because this causes mind games to be more prevalent, I disagree with that but it’s a valid argument. Saying you can react to feints, however, is simply wrong.