Comparing all classes

• Im just here sharing my view on all classes and hope you guys can share your views and opinions as well.
    Some things I would like to say before I begin, I main the Vanguard and I observed that the majority are usually comparing balance of the game with the MAA vs the Knight and it does not really seem that the VG and archer (though great in TO games), are even considered in 1v1 tourneys. This makes the game so “boring” when it comes to 1v1 tourneys.

In every game I play, I like to view balance in the form of a class pitting against another class and not really in the form of just team objectives but that’s me and you are welcome to disagree with it. For example, in BF3, an engineer class can just as easily kill an assault class. lol, at least thats how i feel and you guys are welcome to disagree too

Anyway, lets begin.

Knight
    This class is supposedly the most OP in the game. However, I feel that it is actually the most balanced and well thought class. I feel everything about this class in terms of speed, health and ability is fair for a class that is meant to take a hit. The reason why it is considered “overpowered” right now I feel is not that something is wrong with this particular class but more the other classes are actually a bit underpowered especially fighting against a shielded knight.

Vanguard
    The charge attack ability is somewhat redundant and in most cases utterly useless. Reach is the only advantage this class has to offer. however, reach is very easily countered especially against Maas and shielded knights. kick is slow and easy to react to. Once the opponent gets near arm’s reach, it is highly unlikely you can make it out alive unless you strike him when you guess he feints or when you successfully block an attack in which you are able to fight back or create some distance. I would actually like the vanguard to have some kinda own ability to “push” opponents back a bit w/o stunning them so at least they have a better chance to try to keep their reach advantage which is right now very easy to counter even with good footwork.

MAA
    This class is either very easy or excruciatingly hard to kill depending on the player. Against a shielded knight, the knight does seem to make it out on top. But a good Maa player seems to tear VGs and archers up really easily. Reason being is the dodge mechanism allows him to dodge in-out and attk whether he misses, hits or gets blocked. A vg and archer also have to “guess” whether the attk after the dodge is a feint or an actual attk which puts us in quite a difficult position. Even at a spear’s reach, the dodge enables him to gain significant closing distance to his target which easily negates the vgs reach too.

I would suggest a cooldown for the dodge so the maa has to at least use it a little more wisely against opponents. Perhaps give him a HP boost as a compensation? I’m also not against them having fwd dodge as their reach is low and would need some form of engaging ability.

I know that my suggestion would also cripple him in fighting against the knight so I really can’t offer any real suggestions on how to adjust this class. All i know is if you put a pro Maa against a Vg or archer, most of the time its a nightmare for even the pro archer/vg player.
    Really hard to “balance” this class without making him either incredibly powerful or utterly useless.

Archer
    i feel this class really needs some serious looking into. Lets not talk about TO archer spam. I find it weird that an archer cant use kick while holding his xbow/bow. If he somehow survives a hit while he is firing his bow, he stil has no chance as he cant switch to his melee wep fast enough which is why I feel they should have kick with bow. there also seem to be some animation problem when he gets hit when drawing his bow, its as if he is stuck in the drawing animation.

Also, A good swing with the greatsword and after doing a great job stabbing the life outta me, he gets killed in one blow. perhaps just a slight HP boost for this poor class? I don play archer much nowadays but I find it really sad when i just have to swing at him killing him in a single blow after he successfully reduces my full health to 5% and dying in just ONE hit.

• This thread is kind of useless unless you are talking about team play. Duel mode was an after-thought and the game isn’t even balanced around it.

Each class has a unique role they specialize in and bring to the table for team games. What you should be doing is comparing and contrasting the effectiveness those classes can perform those roles compared to other classes with varying loadouts.

• If you ask people most people would say the vanguard is the most OP class. In fact in a poll I remember people said the knight was the least OP class.

The vanguards charge is not useless. Just no one knows how to use it. Most people try to use it 1 on 1 against a target that knows its coming. That’s bad. The charge ability is useful against people who aren’t looking, already engaged targets or large groups of enemy’s.

• @lemonater47:

The vanguards charge is not useless. Just no one knows how to use it. Most people try to use it 1 on 1 against a target that knows its coming. That’s bad. The charge ability is useful against people who aren’t looking, already engaged targets or large groups of enemy’s.

Instead of using charge attack, you can just chain together 2 LMBs, which is much more effective, or chain overheads, etc.

There’s only one use that I’ve found with the charge attack, and thats using it to stun people that block it; but it takes ALOT of coordination to correctly capitalize on it.

• @CoolZz:

I find it weird that an archer cant use kick while holding his xbow/bow. If he somehow survives a hit while he is firing his bow, he stil has no chance as he cant switch to his melee wep fast enough which is why I feel they should have kick with bow.

No, no, no!

An archer who doesnt switch to his secondary BEFORE he is in melee range should be dead meat.

Also you forget that the vanguards high reach and big swings are much more useful in teammodes than in duels, thats why they shouldnt be balanced around 1on1.

• This is kinda off topic to where the discussion is heading, I think, but I find it very easy to get around shields, not even using kicks.
    Basically, a knight picks up his tower shield. I just go right and use LMB, or go left and use an overhead to hit his hand/arm, which is basically uncovered.
    Even when people parry, I can aim for their left hand (which is uncovered), and then get in a hit.
    I do use MaA though, so maybe the tactics I said are just if you’re one… but it works for me when I’m a knight too.
    Any block, really, can be pretty easy to get around, which is why blocking/parrying at the last second is good.

• @lemonater47:

If you ask people most people would say the vanguard is the most OP class. In fact in a poll I remember people said the knight was the least OP class.

I guess most people would be wrong then. Ever seen a 5v5 scrim where one team takes 2 vanguards instead of 2 knights? If so how did that go…

• @gregcau:

I guess most people would be wrong then. Ever seen a 5v5 scrim where one team takes 2 vanguards instead of 2 knights? If so how did that go…

IDK about LTS, but in a TO 6v6, we tried a 3 vanguard strat (all with bardiche) in order to counter a 3 knight strat. It worked pretty well, and that was without having any practice with it.

Bardiche is just a powerful weapon; great against knights due to both classes being in 2 hit range (only you have the range advantage with vanguards), and can 1 shot MAAs and Archers. You can also use lots of smoke to make it hard for archers to support their front line.

• MAA is the most overpowered class. Not in terms of “roflstomp OP” but in terms of effectiveness to skill ratio. Its way easier to do well with it then any other classes in the game with very little effort. Put a dedicated MAA Player into a knight or vanguard spot and see him fail, while you revert that, you still get a decent maa out of a good knight.

• @CRUSHED:

Put a dedicated MAA Player into a knight or vanguard spot and see him fail, while you revert that, you still get a decent maa out of a good knight.

But sir Fuhrer, you just suck against MAA!

I mostly play knight in duels now, since I go through phases. I main MAA.

I have yet to go up against an MAA that I can’t deal with.

I also find it is much easier to play knight and carry your weight in a scrim than MAA by far, especially when you consider the differences between playing the two in high ping. Toodles.