RIP Filthy Casuals?

• The only popular duel server in west coast… gone? :(

That makes me sad. Every other server I have to use 100 ping and can’t block for shit =/

RIP

• The beginning of a trend?

• I was wondering wtf happened. There are so few west coast servers for anything that, even though I love this game to death and just recently got back into it, I can hardly find games where lag isn’t a problem. #disappointed.

• If you want a West coast server, pay for it like the rest of us do. Make friends on the west coast, pull together funds, form a group and pay for it.

• ^no

• Why are there so few west coast servers? I’m in New Zealand but even in my server browser I can see by ping what side of the US they are on. 170-190 ping is east coast while 210-240 is the east coast. There are virtually no servers in that 170-190 margin. An most US servers say whether its east or west.

There are about 5 NZ servers but most Australian ones only have 50-70 ping for me anyway.

• I miss that server. Anyone in the bay area have a fiber link + where i can stick a new one?

• I honestly can’t tell you why there is such a limited about of west coast servers.

Even with our official servers, we only have 5 west coast, so it’s pretty much one per game mode >.>. I’m going to see if I can switch some servers out to get a couple more, because it should at least be balanced with more in the central US.

• Good. Nothing but continuous desync problems on that server as well as DC’s for several seconds.

20x less problems on other servers, even when under load.

• Good god people, you are not entitled to a server in your location. Freaking get a clue. Most of us pay for our own servers and place them where we see fit that will benefit…… The server owners. There is no free lunch. Just because you bought the game doesn’t mean you are entitled to a free server. I just don’t get this lazy ass mentality. You can get a 10 player server, on the west coast, for about $10 bucks a month, cheaper if you shop around and pay for a few months ahead of time.

All it takes is to make some friends. You know how to do that right? Set up an account with a server and a paypal account so that they can donate too. All it takes is a few guys chipping in$5 or $10 and guess what? You have full admin control and can set up the game, the maps, and game modes anyway you want and you have a west coast server.

If you are not even willing to chip in a few bucks for a west coast server, don’t bother playing in ours since, we pay for it. Better yet, only play on official servers, stay off of any other server for that matter and go beg someone who gives a rats ass about your self entitled broke ass. You don’t deserve anything just because you were born and your mom thinks you are smart, handsome and precious.

• @Retsnom:

Good god people, you are not entitled to a server in your location. Freaking get a clue. Most of us pay for our own servers and place them where we see fit that will benefit…… The server owners. There is no free lunch. Just because you bought the game doesn’t mean you are entitled to a free server. I just don’t get this lazy ass mentality. You can get a 10 player server, on the west coast, for about $10 bucks a month, cheaper if you shop around and pay for a few months ahead of time.

All it takes is to make some friends. You know how to do that right? Set up an account with a server and a paypal account so that they can donate too. All it takes is a few guys chipping in$5 or $10 and guess what? You have full admin control and can set up the game, the maps, and game modes anyway you want and you have a west coast server.

If you are not even willing to chip in a few bucks for a west coast server, don’t bother playing in ours since, we pay for it. Better yet, only play on official servers, stay off of any other server for that matter and go beg someone who gives a rats ass about your self entitled broke ass. You don’t deserve anything just because you were born and your mom thinks you are smart, handsome and precious.

Or move to NZ or Australian and you have about 30-40 servers all under 100 ping all free and 20 of those servers have a good report system and many people know the server admins and can just ask them to come in and sort things out. And most people respect the votekick function and they don’t abuse it.

• @Retsnom:

Good god people, you are not entitled to a server in your location. Freaking get a clue. Most of us pay for our own servers and place them where we see fit that will benefit…… The server owners. There is no free lunch. Just because you bought the game doesn’t mean you are entitled to a free server. I just don’t get this lazy ass mentality. You can get a 10 player server, on the west coast, for about $10 bucks a month, cheaper if you shop around and pay for a few months ahead of time.

Wow dude, calm down. All I said was a mourning for my favorite server ever, I never demanded anything.

You mad bro?

• @lemonater47:

Or move to NZ or Australian and you have about 30-40 servers all under 100 ping all free and 20 of those servers have a good report system and many people know the server admins and can just ask them to come in and sort things out. And most people respect the votekick function and they don’t abuse it.

It is a land of sweet honeyed mead.

• @Retsnom:

Woah, don’t have an aneurism. Seriously did you forget to take your meds today? No one is demanding anything. Does making condescending posts make you feel superior? If so then please don’t procreate, no need to hand down your imbecilic genes to innocents.

• @Retsnom:

Just because you bought the game doesn’t mean you are entitled to a free server.

Wow, this game is dead if the devs agree to this.

Because since this game doesnt really have singleplayer worth shit it means ‘just because youve bought the game doesnt mean you are entitled to play it’.

• @Towe:

@Retsnom:

Just because you bought the game doesn’t mean you are entitled to a free server.

Wow, this game is dead if the devs agree to this.

Because since this game doesnt really have singleplayer worth shit it means ‘just because youve bought the game doesnt mean you are entitled to play it’.

Just leave him be, the guy is a self-professed troll.

• @Retsnom:

Funny how there always has to be this one kid who must fight for a dying cause. Keep it up!

• good. and I hope there is more to come.
    This game doesn’t deserve so many servers emptied. It’s getting way more then it’s giving.

• WOW, I guess all the idiots that don’t understand how to be independent and pay for your own shit must still be living in their mom’s basement and probably always will. When you purchase the game, you have everything you need to play it, except a community. You can even download the dedicated server version of the game and guess what? Host a server your self and have your friends, if you have any, to join you. And all these “free” servers are not free. Do you think they just grow on the interwebs when you plant a game seed? Someone is paying for them. It just happens to not be you.

The Devs are paying for official servers to help promote the game and to have some online places to play. For them it is advertising, they don’t charge the player a dime to play on them. With as many official servers that are up and running, that is a pretty price per month to have these up and running. Clans and individuals also pay for their own servers and for the most part allow these glory filled self important, “I’m entitled to play the game on a free server because I paid for the game” douche nozzles can also have an alternative places to play.

Instead of whining about this and that, try being apart of the community and help support clan servers and individuals that drop the cash so you can play by offering them a few bucks to the clan servers you play on the most? Most clan servers have a paypal donation on their clan sites. A few dollars goes a long way if enough players support them.

Better yet, try what I originally suggested and go and rent a server for a month in the area close to you so that you will have good ping. Once players start playing on it, friend them up, start a West Coast clan, ask for a few bucks every now and then to help you pay for it. It is not that hard. I have been doing it for years. Be part of the solution.

• Running servers for your players to play on is actually an incredibly normal business practice these days. TBS runs servers, and their customers know this. It’s not like they are asking something of a company that does not otherwise offer servers for their customers to play on.

The devs do not run them as advertising. Who are they advertising to? People who already own the game? That’d be a nice timewaste.

You cannot expect people to buy the game and then have to pay $30 a month for a server to play on. That’s beyond ludicrous. Until the community is actually self-sufficient, it is Torn Banner’s duty to provide some servers.