Parry while comboing off parry

• I noticed a few times where I did this to people and they did this to me. When combing off a parry you can still parry attacks that hit you in the original parry window. Essentially they are attacking and parrying at the same time. Seems to me that parry should end the moment you start your combo.

• Confusing title.

Riposting currently gives parry frames during the wind-up. Yeah.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Confusing title.

Riposting currently gives parry frames during the wind-up. Yeah.

Yeah, I didn’t know what the hell to call it (bad at words). Don’t know if it is intended or not.

• The other interesting thing is that the parry hitbox follows your weapon. A stab riposte is closest you can get to a regular parry, but if you a riposte-overhead while ducking you can end up parrying behind your body during the windup.

• I’d call it intentional.
    You can parry multiple attacks at once, as intended, but the parry animation ends as soon as the first hit is parried, so if you want to riposte you need to do it immediately on the first parry, and it wouldn’t exactly be fair if the second hit made it through the successfully timed parry.

Although I can see why you shouldn’t be able to parry multiple attacks if you riposte the first.
    If you could intentionally not riposte the first attack, and instead riposte the second attack then I’d say parrying should end at the start of a riposte, but I don’t think that’d be possible to implement given how riposte requires input before the parry connects.

However if the parry hitbox acts weirdly as NoVa says then that’d be a bug.

• I’d call it intentional.

It’s not.

• Fair enough.

• i know what he’s talking about and i saw a few guys in a duel server messing with it. I’ve tried to explain the issue before.

Basically… say you’re in a 2v1 situation… you are the 1 v the 2. One guy comes into attack, the other gets ready to attack after your parry knockback. If you were to parry, then counter toward the other guy while he’s already released at you, your attack goes forward, parries his and hits him at the same time. You hear the parry clink and you get your attack off at him, rather than it being a hit trade. It’s so zonky, i’ve also had normal or combo attacks parry another person’s already in motion attack as well.

Yes, OP really has a way with words (sarcasm) , but this seems like an issue, and it can be replicated.

• This tactic is extremely powerful in the right hands. Me and a few of my fellow team members discovered that with certain weapons this can be used to essentially be in a consistent state of defence while also dealing damage. Parrying as late as possible allows you to continue parrying during your riposte and when the riposte is finished you can immediately parry again or continue into a combo.

This is extremely powerful and can often mean continually allowing an enemy to parry you will enable them to stay in a constant state of defended and damage dealing against multiple opponents, and therefore you often find that people who take advantage of this work better in a 1v2 or 1v3 (where they are continually fed free parries) than a 1v1.

I definitely don’t think it’s un-counterable if you are aware of it, but it’s certainly unintuitive and complex. If it were up to me, I would remove the parry effect after the riposte has started. You still won’t be able to flinch a riposte, but at least you will hit trade, rather than simply see your weapon bounce off theirs while only you take damage and they are free to combo.

• it’s totally not supposed to do that … it’s not a tactic, it’s a bug, and if you use it regularly… that is what is considered exploiting.

For once i can say that with a straight face

• @clayton-bigsby:

it’s totally not supposed to do that … it’s not a tactic, it’s a bug, and if you use it regularly… that is what is considered exploiting.

Honestly I have never done this on purpose. Every time I do it I think to myself “that guy is going to think I’m hacking.”

• @clayton-bigsby:

it’s totally not supposed to do that … it’s not a tactic, it’s a bug, and if you use it regularly… that is what is considered exploiting.

The issue I have with this currently is. Basically this bans riposting, period; that’s pretty extreme.

TBH, I think we just have to deal with it until it is fixed.

• The fact that its use requires perfectly-timed parries makes it more of a skillmove in my opinion, but since Chivalry’s mechanics don’t support attack-vs-attack parrying, I can see why it’s not intended. It’s still a cute trick and certainly far further down the priority list than the desyncs off parries that are stupidly easy to reproduce.