Sword of War swing speed

• I’m a Grand Mace guy, I like the reach and the power and therefore carry a faster secondary weapon if I need speed.

Lately I have seen a lot of knights using the Sword of War. When other players use this sword it seems like they can swing it over and over again and I pretty much get destroyed due to getting hit three times after I attempt to hit once.

The few times I have tried to use the Sword of War and cannot seem to reproduce the same results (I do know how to chain attacks). Am I using this sword wrong? Is there a special combo that I should be trying to pull off? Or am I plain just bad with this sword?

• Lately? SoW has been extremely popular for as long as I’ve been playing.

What you may be seeing is a counter stab lookdown overhead combo. SoW has a very, very fast counter stab, and when followed up immediately with a lookdown overhead, it can catch a lot of people unaware. Also, some people like to follow up their lookdown overhead with a jump stab, its caught me by surprise many times. It’s a fast and devastating combo.

• @Mechapope:

Lately? SoW has been extremely popular for as long as I’ve been playing.

What you may be seeing is a counter stab lookdown overhead combo. SoW has a very, very fast counter stab, and when followed up immediately with a lookdown overhead, it can catch a lot of people unaware. Also, some people like to follow up their lookdown overhead with a jump stab, its caught me by surprise many times. It’s a fast and devastating combo.

You should check this out: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=12299

SoW is probably the fastest killing weapon if you know how to use it.

• Pretty much the only other two hander that can overcome it is the claymore.

Two handed weapons have faster combo times than one handers. As with two hands you have more control.

• @lemonater47:

Pretty much the only other two hander that can overcome it is the claymore.

that’s not true at all, it’s about playstyle, not the weapon

• @clayton-bigsby:

@lemonater47:

Pretty much the only other two hander that can overcome it is the claymore.

that’s not true at all, it’s about playstyle, not the weapon

For my playstyle then.

• Grandmace > anything for killing knights.

• Not calling you a bad player, but you can kill anyone with anything against anything if you have the right skills/play the right style. (Not talking about sick lookdowns/feints.)

I used to be a heavy heavy SOW user and didn’t have any issues fighting other Knights with different weapons. Now I main the Messer or Grand Mace and don’t have issues fighting Knights with Longswords or SOW, except for animation glitches/facehugging.

When fighting users with faster weapons, try and maintain appropriate range and time your windups better. If possible, hit trading with the Grand mace will usually make you the victor.

• @Aux:

The few times I have tried to use the Sword of War and cannot seem to reproduce the same results

You just need more practice with it. Of course if you just try it a few times you won’t start off pro-status :) .
    Sword of War is good for its stab/overhead but its slash and range is weak compared to the Longsword.