New game mode

• The game is objective based team deathmatch.

In the center of the map, there is the Excaliber, a powerful sword that 1 hit kills anyone in its path. Both teams try to rush to grab the Excaliber as fast as possible and try to kill as many enemy players as possible and reducing their ticket. The weapon kills any allies or enemies in 1 hit.

The Excaliber cannot be parried or blocked but the user does not gain extra health or armor. Instead, the user constantly loses health over time. The life degeration will stop when the user has 1 health. The Excaliber user cannot carry shield on his back. The user is very vulnerable to any attacks.

When the Excaliber user is killed, the sword is dropped on the ground at the same spot. This allows the enemy team to have a chance of retaliation if they get massacred and pushed near their spawn.

The faster classes like archers and Maas may be able to grab it faster than vanguards or knights but they are easy to die from focus attacks by enemy players.

• I will confess and pardon my french…

I fucking hate TDM

at least this would make it more interesting.

The problem with TDM is noone cares about how many times they die, so really its not a team game.

I do think there are some variations that combine LTS and TDM that some smart person could come up with that would combine the pros of both modes without the negatives.

• @gregcau:

I will confess and pardon my french…

I fucking hate TDM

at least this would make it more interesting.

The problem with TDM is noone cares about how many times they die, so really its not a team game.

I do think there are some variations that combine LTS and TDM that some smart person could come up with that would combine the pros of both modes without the negatives.

The mode I imagined isn’t meant to be competitive. It’s like FFA but with some variety. I guess you could have FFA with the Excaliber thingy in the middle too.

• @gregcau:

I love LTS so I dont want it to be changed, but a combinition of both would be to give each player his own 5 or whatever lives. Dont know if that would turn out all to well, since there would probably be a long waiting time invovlved for the players playing bad or mor risky, but then you knew it was your last life…

Anyway it would help if you stated to pros and cons, since LTS is perfectly fine for me, and TDM while beeing kind of a mindless slaughterfest (not as much as FFA ofc) can be fun too.