Is this due to ping(swing desync)

• I rarely see this in the base game, but I still have. This is gameplay in the beta, this person has ~140 ping, and I’m not sure if this is foul play or just something wrong with the beta. What does it look like to you guys? Majority of his swings are in sync it appears, except that very last overhead which is very obviously not in sync.(Notice how it kills one of his enemies while his hands are still raised, before the overhead even makes contact).

[youtubehd:2e5bb338]rI-CkuiN6A0[/youtubehd:2e5bb338]

• nobody?

• Thats probably because we dont know what guy youre talking about…

At least I dont have a clue what issue you have here.

• I understand what you’re talking about in the video.

I would say it was a brief lag/desync issue for sure.

• @Towe:

Thats probably because we dont know what guy youre talking about…

Not sure what you mean? The one that I’m talking about is the one I’m spectating? Notice how his very last overhead kills a guy when his hands are still raised.

@Dr:

I understand what you’re talking about in the video.

I had a few other instances of this happening with the same guy. It seemed to happen way more often before someone took notice and called him out on it. In the video it’s just his last swing that was out of sync, but the previous match I watched him fight someone else and every single one of his swings were out of sync so he was easily killing whoever he was fighting.

• @venomblade:

@Towe:

Thats probably because we dont know what guy youre talking about…

Not sure what you mean? The one that I’m talking about is the one I’m spectating? Notice how his very last overhead kills a guy when his hands are still raised.

@Dr:

I understand what you’re talking about in the video.

I had a few other instances of this happening with the same guy. It seemed to happen way more often before someone took notice and called him out on it. In the video it’s just his last swing that was out of sync, but the previous match I watched him fight someone else and every single one of his swings were out of sync so he was easily killing whoever he was fighting.

Maybe he’s using a subtle speed hack which cause his swings to desync?

• @DDR:

I do no such thing.

You can ask anyone in the European competitive scene. I do not hack, intentionally desync, or anything of the like.

@venomblade:

It seemed to happen way more often before someone took notice and called him out on it.

Doomydoom did not “Call me out” as you put it. He simply asked me to produce the desyncs which you accused me of doing.

• did not read

is this in the beta? I think there is a known issue (due to release time changes?) where if you keep combing desynch seems to increase, so that a late combo blow appears to hit out of like, nowhere.

In addition, i’ve noticed a lot of desynchs with strikes after parry, like a counter

And sometimes lag/ping related

• @JCash:

is this in the beta? I think there is a known issue (due to release time changes?) where if you keep combing desynch seems to increase, so that a late combo blow appears to hit out of like, nowhere.

This actually seems a pretty viable explanation.

Either that, or it’s just the 140 ping combined with the hilt hitting the other guy in the face which makes it seem like it connects so early. Interestingly, I this kind of thing happen more often with certain players, though.

• @alterbyme:

@DDR:

I do no such thing.

You can ask anyone in the European competitive scene. I do not hack, intentionally desync, or anything of the like.

@venomblade:

It seemed to happen way more often before someone took notice and called him out on it.

Doomydoom did not “Call me out” as you put it. He simply asked me to produce the desyncs which you accused me of doing.

I’m talking about the game before that, before DoomyDoom was there, where I myself said your swings were desynced. But either way it just looked weird as you can see in the video, majority of your swings were in sync, but that very last swing was so out of sync it was ridiculous, so pardon my suspicion, as in the very previous game it was much worse where I viewed a vast majority of your swings to be desynced when you were fighting one person, like literally I clearly recall this one fight of yours where every single swing you did, I would see the other person get hit before it even remotely appeared to have connected.

I’ve just never seen it happen so often before, and was told that it was possible to kind of the spoof the client/serverside detection to purposely make your attacks appear desynced for an advantage, I’m not fully knowledgeable on the subject, so I apologize if this appears to be a witch hunt, especially if it’s unwarranted, I just wanted to get to the bottom of it is all.