Please stop locking as many threads.

• I don’t think threads should be getting locked just because a person or two can get a little nasty at some point. I feel like it stifles conversation about important issues at times, and I can recall very humorous threads being locked for little reason. Such as the “Nerf flanking” thread a while back.

Most recently, I was following the Casual vs Competitive thread and the Hexen feedback thread in the beta feedback section, and found both of them locked.

I understand the desire for a “clean” forum, but I believe perhaps a little too much bleach is being applied.

That’s all :P.

• ^

• In fairness it’s not usually because of heated discussion, it’s usually because the thread has run its course

• @gregcau:

In fairness it’s not usually because of heated discussion, it’s usually because the thread has run its course

That’s definitely more than likely the reason for most threads. The Casual vs Competitive was just people giving their opinion on what they think of the beta. It went on for way longer than it should have due to the fact that it was just a bunch of “competitive” bashing “casuals” when realistic there is no difference. Casuals can be just as much competitive, it makes them no less if they’re not in a clan. So when people started to argue that and the values of each, it went off the rails.

• And on that note.

Haha I kid - I already know where this was going, but I’ll let you have your fun… this time.

And I’m sorry, but the locking thread system isn’t going to change any time soon. :queen:

• i only hate when the only reason i see a thread come up to the top is because a mod responded that it’s going to be locked, lol.

There have been a few i wanted to get a little nibble at!

• @Keith:

@gregcau:

In fairness it’s not usually because of heated discussion, it’s usually because the thread has run its course

That’s definitely more than likely the reason for most threads. The Casual vs Competitive was just people giving their opinion on what they think of the beta. It went on for way longer than it should have due to the fact that it was just a bunch of “competitive” bashing “casuals” when realistic there is no difference. Casuals can be just as much competitive, it makes them no less if they’re not in a clan. So when people started to argue that and the values of each, it went off the rails.

This is precisely why I didn’t want to see it locked. I don’t think talking about the beta should be held back because of a few dumb comments. Contested topics are going to create debate by nature, and I feel like there are better ways of addressing the debates that become personal, especially since most of the important ones probably will get personal to at least a few people.

@Kimiko:

And on that note.

Haha I kid - I already know where this was going, but I’ll let you have your fun… this time.

And I’m sorry, but the locking thread system isn’t going to change any time soon. :queen:

Also, by no means am I attempting to stir the forums into a no-holds-barred mod bashfest, or whatever, I just honestly want the threads I follow to go missing a little less.

• @Derpasaur:

Also, by no means am I attempting to stir the forums into a no-holds-barred mod bashfest, or whatever, I just honestly want the threads I follow to go missing a little less.

No worries m’dear. I wasn’t referring to that anyways.