About objectives

• This may be a silly question but I have no way of knowing for sure, hence this thread: When playing objective gametypes, do the objective points count towards rank? Or is it just limited to kills and assists?

• Yes they do.

• No they don’t. Only kills and assists count towards rank (200xp for a kill, 100xp for an assist).

• @Martin:

No they don’t. Only kills and assists count towards rank (200xp for a kill, 100xp for an assist).

huh, I thought people have ranked up from hitting the doors and stuff.

• @gregcau:

@Martin:

No they don’t. Only kills and assists count towards rank (200xp for a kill, 100xp for an assist).

huh, I thought people have ranked up from hitting the doors and stuff.

Twice I ranked up while bashing the door on a TO map.
    It was explained to me that the rankup points came from an earlier kill but the rankup didn’t show until it confirmed with server. The person who said that wasn’t a developer so it was probably complete bull-doodoo. Regardless - I remember slygoat saying objective points don’t count.

• Well thats pretty pointless is it not… (excuse the pun)

Why have objectives if we don’t get rewarded for doing them lol?

• Originally I wanted a whole load of stuff to give XP towards rank, things like attacking/defending objectives and winning rounds, hitting people at long range with ranged weapons, getting headshots, multi-kills and killstreaks, as well as saving teammates among other things but then I left the Dev team so I couldn’t see anything through I wanted :(

• So there is no way of knowing whether or not objective points reward you with xp until a dev notices this thread and lets us know? Kind of silly not to have any reward apart from a meaningless number on the scoreboard…

• @Luc0z:

So there is no way of knowing whether or not objective points reward you with xp until a dev notices this thread and lets us know? Kind of silly not to have any reward apart from a meaningless number on the scoreboard…

Martin used to be a dev so I am sure he is right.

Rank is pretty meaningless anyway, personally I don’t like to rank up because then people have higher expectations of you in game.

Plus there was one bugged objectives where you could get infinite objective points.

• I can confirm they do. I often rack up a lot of points as a by product of pushing carts.

• @Hephaistion:

I can confirm they do. I often rack up a lot of points as a by product of pushing carts.

He is talking about what counts towards rank not whether objectives get points.

• While the rank might not be that important in this game, it still feels a bit like a slap in the face when the people who hang out at spawn doing nothing but ranking up kills and completely ignoring the objectives get xp, while the selfless knights that lay their lifes on the line for the success of the team get nothing in return (provided that’s how it works).

gregcau, I can’t stop looking at the prancing girl in your sig…. must… look… away…

• @Slacka:

gregcau, I can’t stop looking at the prancing girl in your sig…. must… look… away…

It makes the forum more fun to read.