Running out of stamina..

• Greetings,

I was just thinking about stamina when I was playing this morn. I feel like there is just way to much sprinting in this game now… Too much non-stop sprinting and attacking at the same time to be exact. Not that im against sprinting and attacking at the same time at all, I just feel there is just too much of it now.

What about giving player more stamina but make sprint cost a certain amount as well… OR… having a combat stamina bar and a separate running stamina bar?

I think adding more importance to stamina conservation would add a lot to this game, and should play a much bigger role.Almost every action we make in game should cost stamina to some degree…

I understand this would slow the game down a bit … but I feel this is needed and the battles as they are feel unnaturally fast .

Just a thought…

• @-Hannibal-:

Greetings,

I was just thinking about stamina when I was playing this morn. I feel like there is just way to much sprinting in this game now… Too much non-stop sprinting and attacking at the same time to be exact. Not that im against sprinting and attacking at the same time at all, I just feel there is just too much of it now.

I think Sly made a post at one point for another agreeing with that, that constant sprinting and attacking at the same time was not a good thing.

I do find it amusing when I meet a vanguard and can tell he is a circular sprinter, so I stop and just stare at him while he runs around in circles combo spamming.

Eventually he gets back to me and I kill him.

• I’ve also seen numerous times where I’ve stunned an enemy out of stamina but they don’t get exhausted. It’s annoying because sometimes I rely on their dodge/block spamming for them to run out of stamina so I can get 2-3 free hits on them.

I believe another punishment for running out of stamina is that each attack that you make at 0 stamina also stuns you, in addition to not being able to combo.

• You know what I hate? Seeing one particular knight kill 3 people with SoW, attacking him with a zweihander and getting eventually killed due to running out of full stamina…

• i think having a stamina drain on sprinting would really slow down TO maps, and it would also give the defensive side an edge. On the sections where the objective is further away from the attackers and closer to the defenders… the defending team should have a pretty good advantage if the attacking team has to run all the way there. You would have to take time out of sprinting toward the objective to stop and regain stamina, and in that time everyone could be under barrage of arrow fire and such from archers. Meanwhile the defense already has their stamina up defending so they are good.

I think it would imbalance TO maps to have stamina drain for sprinting

• @clayton-bigsby:

i think having a stamina drain on sprinting would really slow down TO maps, and it would also give the defensive side an edge. On the sections where the objective is further away from the attackers and closer to the defenders… the defending team should have a pretty good advantage if the attacking team has to run all the way there. You would have to take time out of sprinting toward the objective to stop and regain stamina, and in that time everyone could be under barrage of arrow fire and such from archers. Meanwhile the defense already has their stamina up defending so they are good.

I think it would imbalance TO maps to have stamina drain for sprinting

This is a good point for overall balance in all modes but from a “realistic” (lol) POV I agree, at least for the Knight class.

I dont know about many of the other posters but running at a sprint in what looks to be at least 40 pounds of gear not counting the weapon would flat out exhaust most people (though I know everyone who plays this is fucking Legolas or some shit), or at least wear them out.

Could be a possible nerf to Knight later if you ask me, givin their massive HP and shield properties.

• yeah, but they’re not going for overall realism as far as changes go, it’s still a game after all.

• I can see your point for TO games Clayton as the game is now but… but with a few simple changes such as adding a stamina drain for archers while bows are drawn (make archers pay for taking careful aim) and maybe adding a few objects for ppl to take cover behind as they advance…

I think this would make team play even more important and the games more interesting… Knights forming shield walls to help Vangaurds and MAA advance unharmed etc… I would love to see classes have more of a “need” for the other classes on their team in order to win team games.
    Adding a class limit for TO games would do a lot to keep the games more balanced as well imo.

Adding a stamina cost for sprinting would also help negate a lot of the issues that drive players away in this game as well such as facehugging and lookdown overheads… sprinting while fighting should come at a cost… and players should not be able to sprint around the map from player to player using these tactics non stop…

And just so its clear, im not against sprinting and attacking at the same time at all, I just think it should come at a cost .Do you want to use your energy to stand and fight? … or to run away? … or
    run and fight for a shorter amount of time…

After almost 600 hours of playing this game, I put almost zero thought into stamina and basically see it as a non issue in this game as it is, Sprinting is free and I can just parry and squat to regain full stamina in almost no time at all ,and I do quite well with this barbaric approach =)

We should all look beyond just Buffing\Nerfing weapon speed or power in order to make this game feel more natural or balanced, Adding more importance to stamina drain would be a great way to help balance and create distinct class tactics and fighting styles.

• Well, they should at least disable sprinting without stamina.

• You know what I hate? Seeing one particular knight kill 3 people with SoW, attacking him with a zweihander and getting eventually killed due to running out of full stamina…

I do this a lot >:D

You must remember that a swing that hits doesn’t result in lost stamina. Feinting and missed hits do, as does successful parry.

If you see a knight kill 3 people in quick succession, he probably combo’ed them all relying on their greedy nature to attempt to get a kill in while he was ‘distracted’ by another opponent. As such you may as well expect him to have full stamina.

I hate running out of stamina, it is a really bad place to be.

• During duels, as a VG, i have been able to exhaust knights’ stamina reasonably easily. Though it does depend which shield they are using.

• Did you see how the movie Troy? did you see how brad pitt fought? he ran circles in order to strike his opponent.
    That’s how most people copy his play in this game. Totally legit. You just have to find a defense.

• I don’t use the running in circles method just foot work and overwhelming the target, the later of which can be risky.