Warcry

• I just want to note that some guy named AK47 or something like that came up with the first suggestion. I’m adding to it and tweaking it a little.

For all classes:
    Warcry (the one you do standing still) will give a stamina and health regen boost for a short time AFTER the warcry has finished.

Vanguard sprinting warcry:
    Vanguard sprinting warcry will activate a sprint attack.

A few changes about the sprint attack:
    No longer become stunned by your own sprint attack. Enemies hit will still become stunned.
    If you’re using a spear or other weapon that will lunge/stab with sprint attack, the stab will be controllable. You’re no longer forced to aim perfectly and hope the enemy doesn’t move.
    In addition, sprint attacks will become unblockable.

These are afterthoughts and may be stupid but I’m including them anyways:

! Knight sprinting warcry:
    ! Nearby team members will gain a slight increase to sprint speed.
    !
    ! Men-at-arms sprinting warcry:
    ! Nearby team members get a slight stamina regen boost.
    !
    ! Archer sprinting warcry:
    ! Nearby team members get a slight health regen boost.
    !
    ! These warcry effects would not stack, so you could only have 1 of each effect at a time, and they’re small effects.

• I’m sorry but all it sounds like to me is extreme health regeneration. I do like the short time tweak so it wouldn’t be too overpowered, But people can do it over and over.

I do like the vanguard charge tweaks. Some people say it is now useless but these tweaks can make it very useful.

I don’t like the sprinting war cry where it boosts other teammates. If a group of soldiers (about 5) all scream at the same time they would nearly be invincible.

But the biggest problem is if you have a strong defense team standing at the objective they could fully regenerate before the next wave of attackers came in. So unbalanced teams would become even more so.

• @Thatoneguy5314:

I’m sorry but all it sounds like to me is extreme health regeneration. I do like the short time tweak so it wouldn’t be too overpowered, But people can do it over and over.

Are you aware that you are immobile for the 4-5 seconds it takes to do a standing warcry?

I do like the vanguard charge tweaks. Some people say it is now useless but these tweaks can make it very useful.

I agree

I don’t like the sprinting war cry where it boosts other teammates. If a group of soldiers (about 5) all scream at the same time they would nearly be invincible.

I’ll edit into the OP that the warcry effects do not stack.

But the biggest problem is if you have a strong defense team standing at the objective they could fully regenerate before the next wave of attackers came in. So unbalanced teams would become even more so.

I’m not saying a standing warcry would double health regen for a very long time. Maybe +50% health and stamina regen for 3 seconds or something.

• I personally don’t like the idea. It reminds me too much of the typical MMORPGs. Every shout and warcry does something directly affecting the game.

I think that the warcry and the taunt should just stay what they are: immersion, not gameplay.

it’s awesome when all your team is shouting while charging together. It gives a nice feel. But imagine: A team full of knights sticking together and shouting all the time. they would be almost unstopable when the shouts gave them some regen or whatever.

It’s just my opinion though.

• @Peter:

I think that the warcry and the taunt should just stay what they are: immersion, not gameplay.

Agree, seems people are so used to everything giving a stat boost, that they cant understand immersion…

• @Towe:

@Peter:

Agree, seems people are so used to everything giving a stat boost, that they cant understand immersion…

You are saying what I’m thinking ;)

Oh and the warcry has a little effect. Not a direct gameplay effect. But it has an effect on ME personally. When charging towards the enemy and hearing my brothers shouting behind me I know: I am not alone. I can actually WIN this.
    So the warcry has some kind of… buff on me :D I get motivated when I hear it.

Healing or faster Stamina regen would break the balance I think. If you want to get healed, don’t run into battle, take cover and don’t run until your healthbar is full again.
    It works. You will regen health while not running.

• Ok I put the afterthoughts in the spoiler so you guys can focus on the suggestion I was really trying to make.

Please note that the healing and stamina is from the STANDING WARCRY. Not the sprinting one.

• Yea, I feel like that wouldn’t work to well. Sounds too much like an MMO or somethin too. Might as well keep health regen as it is now, nothin wrong with it.

• Just thought that was relevant…