Trading hits, how does it work?

• I’m really interested to know how this mechanic works because as it is now, it feels completely random.
    So what i mean by hit trading is that me and an enemy hitting each other the same time or almost the same time both ending up getting hit.
    So lets say i’m playing Man-at-arms and hit trading with a knight, we both start to swing, knight gets hit first, then me, do this one more time and i’m dead, knight still very much alive.
    Then there are times for example, when i’m about to hit an enemy, my blade is literally 5cm from his face when his sword hits me and just interrupts my attack. (a blade that was microsecond away from hitting suddenly loses all of its momentum)
    To be specific i’m talking about the first swings, not combos.
    So far this has to be the most annoying aspect of the game.

• You have to hit the knight during the “windup”, before he begins the “release”, then you make him flinch and avoid the hit trading.

• Yeah i hoped it would work like that but certainly doesn’t feel like it.
    So my blade that is about to hit enemy’s face was still in windup or what the hell?
    I’m sure i got it on video and if i find it, i’ll upload it but i got tens of hours of footage from Chivalry.

• @Sullivan:

Yeah i hoped it would work like that but certainly doesn’t feel like it.
    So my blade that is about to hit enemy’s face was still in windup or what the hell?
    I’m sure i got it on video and if i find it, i’ll upload it but i got tens of hours of footage from Chivalry.

If you both are in release then it will be a hit trade.

• The good news is that once you get good you can make sure that you never get hit traded if you use feint-parry well enough.

• The bad news is you got a long way to go

• I got 151 hours on Chivalry, Rank 33 currently.
    I hate faints, seems like everyone does, i dont use it unless someone uses it on me.
    Actually i dont use any of the broken mechanics like overhead attacks turning your back on the target or wait for an attack, block and stab really quick, nobody seems to be able to block that one etc…
    Main reason i dont play on duel servers, just Team Objective and occasional FFA.
    I do record all my games and i want the matches to be as fair as possible, specially now on free weekend.
    I will somewhere in the future make an video about the bugs/glitches i have encountered.
    Today i recorded a hit trade where the opponent still followed with a combo attack.
    Also an incident where enemy was just about to start his attack animation when i landed a hit, he still hit me with the same attack.

• I think you need to factor in latency with this, a lot of times if someone is lagging or you are… bizzare things can happen, i.e. hit trading even if on your screen you hit them in wind up.

• @Sullivan:

I got 151 hours on Chivalry, Rank 33 currently.
    I hate faints, seems like everyone does, i dont use it unless someone uses it on me.
    Actually i dont use any of the broken mechanics like overhead attacks turning your back on the target or wait for an attack, block and stab really quick, nobody seems to be able to block that one etc…

Quick question: Why do you feel the need to gimp yourself from using effective tactics? I can understand feints to an extend (though I disagree), as well as the lookaway overhead, but counter-stab?

• @NabsterHax:

@Sullivan:

Quick question: Why do you feel the need to gimp yourself from using effective tactics? I can understand feints to an extend (though I disagree), as well as the lookaway overhead, but counter-stab?

I tried it like i do try every trick in the book, just to know how they work.
    I found no joy waiting for people to attack and then just stab them, not my play style. (my style is more run in to a group and try to kill em all)
    Is that even intended mechanic, unblockable stab?
    I think the fights works great with good footwork and well timed crouch, no faints or unblockable attacks needed that just pisses people off.

• that attack is not unblockable, the only attacks you cannot block are ones you are unprepared or made a mistake upon. All attacks at some point are blockable.

• @Sullivan:

@NabsterHax:

@Sullivan:

I tried it like i do try every trick in the book, just to know how they work.
    I found no joy waiting for people to attack and then just stab them, not my play style. (my style is more run in to a group and try to kill em all)
    Is that even intended mechanic, unblockable stab?
    I think the fights works great with good footwork and well timed crouch, no faints or unblockable attacks needed that just pisses people off.

It’s not unblockable, you just play against low-skill players