Forced leveling issue

• I just bought this game on steam from the steam sale. The VERY first server I join, I killed ONE enemy… and now I’m all the sudden level 45. I don’t want this. I wanted to level up normally. Everyone now thinks that I’m really good at the game but that isn’t the case, and I’m getting tired of explaining that I was in a hacked server. It’s extremely frustrating and I would like to know how to fix this and put my level back at 0 and just start all over, if that is even possible at this point.

• This could possibly be a bug from the free weekend.

Also, it’s a possibility that the server you played on has the option to fast level. Make sure you are playing on an official server as all the server options will be set to default.

• Thanks for responding,

I’ll make sure that I’m playing on official servers from now on. However, is there a way to reset my level?

• @genebit:

Thanks for responding,

I’ll make sure that I’m playing on official servers from now on. However, is there a way to reset my level?

You might have to contact one of the admins for that. If you see the name Kimi or Martin or Slygoat, message one of them and they should be able to assist you with that.

There is nothing wrong with joining servers that are not official. Some of them just may have different settings based on how they like to play.