Can't join servers? Look here.

• Now there are some people that are unable to join a server. Unfortunately, this is due to the amount of people trying to get in servers. Hopefully you’ll be able to get into a server.

Possible Solution: There seems to be a fix although I’m not sure if it will work for everyone. A fellow Steam user, one hundred, has found a way that if you create a match with bots, then try to join any server, it should allow you to get in.

Possible Solution: Another user in the forums have said: “I just started getting this today. What helped for me was closing steam, restarting router, then starting steam back up and launching the game.” So you might want to try that.

POSSIBLY BEST SOLUTION: Here is what you can do. Open up the server list like you normally do right click a server you want to join and look at the server info. Hit the ~ key and this will open the console. Type this in the console:

open ipaddress:port

for example: open 123.231.123.321:7777

After, wait a second and you should connect.

Level problems: A mod has posted this previously when responding to someone:

“The rank bug will fix itself. All stats are stored in Steam Cloud and can’t be reset. Try restarting Steam.”

Also, everything should go back to normal after the weekend is over, due to everyone trying to rush in causing problems with Steam cloud and causing server issues.

Community Manager, Kimiko also had this to say:

“I know there has been some issues with people not being able to join the servers. This is something that is occurring on Steam’s end, but we’re trying to figure out what we can do to help lessen the load all around. What has worked for a lot of people has been to restart steam - completely end the task and restart it, then try again. I do apologize that everyone is being affected.”

Since free weekends are chosen by Valve and not by the developers, it’s really hard for developers to get prepared for the mass amount of people wanting to try their game.

I’ve used this saying before, but games like MMOs have the ability to have wait times to maintain all those people. This game however, does not have that ability yet so for everyone to rush over and attempt to play the game can put a heavy load on the servers.

This is quite unfortunate because this game is really fun and rewarding the more and more you play. Just keep trying and try the solution above. Obviously the big benefactor to owning this game is that you get to play at anytime and don’t have to worry about giant traffic.

If you’d like, you can watch videos on youtube about this game and watch people slice each other into pieces while you wait to do it yourself. I really hope that everyone that is having problems is able to eventually make it in. It’s well worth it and I hope to see you all out on the battlefield. :)

• This did not work for me. I tried everything from restarting router, re-installing game, etc.

I found something. FINALLY THAT DOES WORK!

Here is what you can do. Open up the server list like you normally do right click a server you want to join and look at the server info.

hit the ~ key

this will open the console.

type this in the console:

wait a second and you should connect.

• @lagger:

This did not work for me. I tried everything from restarting router, re-installing game, etc.

I found something. FINALLY THAT DOES WORK!

Here is what you can do. Open up the server list like you normally do right click a server you want to join and look at the server info.

hit the ~ key

this will open the console.

type this in the console:

wait a second and you should connect.

That only works on servers that you can already connect through the server browser.

• @Rex:

That only works on servers that you can already connect through the server browser.

I am still unable to join any games through the server browser. Not a single one and I have been trying a lot since yesterday.

Using the console is the only way I have been able to fix this issue.

I have been playing the game for a long while and this free weekend is the first time I have experienced any problems like this.

• Have you tried restarting Steam?

• Noone of your guides helped me. I’ll try again alter.

• @Sunshine:

Noone of your guides helped me. I’ll try again alter.

The Community Manager, Kimiko has made this post:

“I know there has been some issues with people not being able to join the servers. This is something that is occurring on Steam’s end, but we’re trying to figure out what we can do to help lessen the load all around. What has worked for a lot of people has been to restart steam - completely end the task and restart it, then try again. I do apologize that everyone is being affected.”