This feint madness needs to stop

• @Event:

Games are supposed to be something you come home to have some fun and unwind to.

I think the main reason people don’t like feints is because it’s not fun to die to something that you can’t react to.

• @Event:

Oh, so you’re an elitist who thinks because you’ve played PC games all your life you know what you’re talking about?

Why not try and develop one yourself?

Because his career isn’t game design/programming? Also you don’t know what an elitist is clearly as he was merely establishing credibility. He was putting a little emotion into though with the whole “extreme accuracy” part.

@SlyGoat:

Feints will stay in the game.

Feints won’t be nerfed to the point of being a useless waste of stamina.

Feints will be toned down - you can already see what we’re doing to them in the beta.

Hardly anyone wants feints removed. They want offensive feinting fixed something the dev team has yet to do. The beta is a step in the right direction, but hardly fixes the issue. Just makes it 20% better. Only 80% left! You can do iiiit!

Fact: lists make you more right

What feints should be used for

• feint -> kick (shield bypass, create distance, ect)

• feint -> parry (quickly correct timing errors by parrying incoming attack at the cost of stamina, ect)

• feint (avoid team dmg, confuse enemy, cancel swing, ect)

• feint -> swing (high favoring dice roll to bypass block leading to free hit)

@NoVaLombardia:

@Panzerlang:

Noone has the balls to do old-school PC games for the PC anymore.

Not sure if you consider Quake and Quake 2 to be old school, but if you think that is any better, its laughable.

off topic talk about hacks

As usual, nova is completely off topic jabbering on about god knows what.

3rd party modifications to the game are 100% outside the influence of the developers. Panzerlang’s post is in response to a game mechanic that the devs implemented and you’re going on about 3rd party programs (aka cheats, hacks, ect) that people used to gain an advantage. Not only are your posts really long winded but they are almost always irrelevant and confused.

• @Slight:

As usual, nova is completely off topic jabbering on about god knows what.

Useless nova hate.

If my post is irrelevant, then so is Panzerlang’s, as he is talking about a completely different topic by bringing up testosterone involving making old school PC games.

If MY posts are considered irrelevant, then countless others are as well; for some reason, you just decide to only point out that mine are irrelevant. AKA some sort of vendetta.

Get over yourself.

• @Slight:

@Event:

Oh, so you’re an elitist who thinks because you’ve played PC games all your life you know what you’re talking about?

Why not try and develop one yourself?

Because his career isn’t game design/programming? Also you don’t know what an elitist is clearly as he was merely establishing credibility. He was putting a little emotion into though with the whole “extreme accuracy” part.

An elitist is someone who claims him or herself to be better than everyone else. He implies that he is better PC games than everyone else by claiming his experience in PC games as well as blatantly insulting anyone who disagrees with him.

• @NoVaLombardia:

If my post is irrelevant, then so is Panzerlang’s, as he is talking about a completely different topic by bringing up testosterone involving making old school PC games.

Panzerlang’s post was a jab, yes, but it was still relevant as he is comparing TBS’s tendancy’s to that of more old-school developer tendencies. Whether he was right or wrong in that comparison does not make the statement irrelevant per se.

@NoVaLombardia:

If MY posts are considered irrelevant, then countless others are as well; for some reason, you just decide to only point out that mine are irrelevant. AKA some sort of vendetta.

Get over yourself.

A vendetta? No. I have no quarrel with you as a person nor did you do anything directly against me (other then perhaps derailing many threads on a forum I occasionally read). I do have a problem with how you don’t validate thoughts inside your head before putting them out into the world. You have no problem with posting a 5-8 paragraph essay in a response to a single 3-sentence post despite nearly everyone else on the forum having the courtesy to condense their thoughts into something that gets to the point and is readable. You also have no problem with going completely off on a tangent which is really frustrating for anyone trying to read a thread about a TOPIC and not just some AOL CHAT.

You’re not the only one who goes off-topic, but you’re a professional in my book. You’re posts come in long and frequent which is what I’m having a problem with.

@Event:

@Slight:

An elitist is someone who claims him or herself to be better than everyone else. He implies that he is better PC games than everyone else by claiming his experience in PC games as well as blatantly insulting anyone who disagrees with him.

Agreed, and that doesn’t really sound like what he did now does it? Did he blatantly insult anyone? Did he claim to be better than everyone else? He said he has experience in PC games to give himself credibility. Does that offend you? The post before that someone said that he “barely plays the game”, an attack at his credibility, so he retorted with what his credibility is.

• @Slight:

He said he has experience in PC games to give himself credibility. Does that offend you?

How does this validate himself? You wonder why I post long pages of information, because it is to prove something.

Anyone can say “I have experience in this and that”

What does he have experience in? How can I tell he ACTUALLY has experience in them, and not just full of shit? Can he give THOROUGH examples he in these games to prove he has enough experience in said games? How does it relate to the current topic at hand?

Know the difference between going off tangent and requiring more information. Many people here don’t know what people may talk about if they don’t know what they are referencing.

• @Panzerlang:

@SlyGoat:

Feints will stay in the game.

Feints won’t be nerfed to the point of being a useless waste of stamina.

Feints will be toned down - you can already see what we’re doing to them in the beta.

And thus CMW will remain mired in arcade mediocrity.

JCash…hate to say “told you so”…but I did. ;)

I don’t like feints but can you shut up about realism and stop using it as if it is a legitimate concern. You are not helping the anti-feint side, you are making it seem worse by drowning out real criticism with your bullshit.

@Panzerlang:

Noone has the balls to do old-school PC games for the PC anymore.

Are you serious? In old-school games there are many examples of worse mechanics than feinting, chance based mechanics were extremely prevalent and was a staple of an entire genre.

• @JCash:

So, I’m leaving the forums never to return.

:D

Let’s see if he sticks to that.

• @Panzerlang:

And of 20k+ other players apparently. You might want to think about that in time for the sequel. If it ever happens.

A small group of whiny idiots on the forums =/= 20k+ players. Funny how most of them seem to have remarkably little game time on their record - like yourself, for instance.

• @Crysack:

@Panzerlang:

And of 20k+ other players apparently. You might want to think about that in time for the sequel. If it ever happens.

A small group of whiny idiots on the forums =/= 20k+ players. Funny how most of them seem to have remarkably little game time on their record - like yourself, for instance.

That would be because mostly only the arcade players have stuck around.

• @Panzerlang:

@Crysack:

@Panzerlang:

That would be because mostly only the arcade players have stuck around.

And who exactly are you to say what sort of players enjoy Chivalry? What makes you think you have anymore ‘PC gaming cred’ than anyone else around here?

• That would be because mostly only the arcade players have stuck around.

Good.

If all pro-players leave I wouldn’t be more happy, because I play to have fun. I don’t need people like you to judge for me what’s right and what’s not. I am my own judge with the power to render judgement I see fitting. I had a long pause from playing the game, but I am certainly looking towards next patch and fixes it brings - most notably issues caused by face-hugging.

• Sweet bojangles; this thread is now just a personal hate fest.

Your differences in opinion no longer matter when you guys start blasting one another. Can’t you guys chill out and debate like civilized humans?

• @funthomass:

“this is the game, stfu, learn it”

^

• Bah… Feint… Go ahead… Say hello to my shield… I’ll eat the kick… 9/10 the free hit you get doesn’t kill me… Guys there’s a pretty much a counter / balance for every weapon in the game… Except facehugging monkeys that manage to be inches from me and kill me by hitting me in the back while facing me. lol. … Oh what??? MMA pig dogs… :D

• What’s with the whinging about feints? You can do it your self. It’s not like others have this miraculous advantage that you can’t have. Stop being crappy by playing more. Amatuer hour.

• I have nearly two fucking decades of experience in PC gaming that allow me to pinpoint with extreme accuracy the success or failure of a game.

Only nearly 2 decades? Cool, I have more.

Also, you need to add a part to your sentence.

“I have nearly two fucking decades of experience in PC gaming that allow me to pinpoint with extreme accuracy the success or failure of a game to remain installed on my hard drive

Having nearly 2 fucking decades of experience you would know that different people like different things, just because you are not fond of it, doesn’t mean everyone else is too.

Heck I love Rougelikes, I think they are amongst the best of gaming when it comes to unbridled gameplay. Turns out the majority of the world doesn’t agree with me, that’s cool. I know what I like. I really like the Chivalry, feints and all.

• @Toll:

I have nearly two fucking decades of experience in PC gaming that allow me to pinpoint with extreme accuracy the success or failure of a game.

“I have nearly two fucking decades of experience in PC gaming that allow me to pinpoint with extreme accuracy the success or failure of a game to remain installed on my hard drive

Having nearly 2 fucking decades of experience you would know that different people like different things, just because you are not fond of it, doesn’t mean everyone else is too.

Yeah. YEAH! :lol:

Difference being that this game has already lost over TWENTY THOUSAND players and has approximately ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED left. Gregcau reckons closer to twenty five thousand have left.

So, gee, I’m hardly pulling prophecy out of a hat by saying this game is already next to dead. Am I. It failed, badly, and most of those thousands of players won’t be buying the sequel. Assuming there will ever be one, which I seriously doubt.

This is what happens when devs refuse to listen to the majority (who have since left) and fail to implement fundamental fixes, content instead to tweak for their own pleasure. Why not, they already have all the cash that matters.

It’s clear they set out to create a mediocre arcade game and they succeeded in that. It’s just a shame they didn’t pitch it at the consoles and leave the PC alone, it would have saved me £20.

• @Panzerlang:

Difference being that this game has already lost over TWENTY THOUSAND players

This is what happens when devs refuse to listen to the majority (who have since left)

Yep. 20,000 people left within 2 days after the big patch and sale in january, because clearly they were here to stay.

Definitely can listen to people who play for 2 days and then move on to the next game; you know, those 20,000 people who clearly have posted on these forums or even know these forums exist.

Man, this guy’s stupidity is getting easier to see with every post he makes.

• @Panzerlang:

@Toll:

I have nearly two fucking decades of experience in PC gaming that allow me to pinpoint with extreme accuracy the success or failure of a game.

Yeah. YEAH! :lol:

Difference being that this game has already lost over TWENTY THOUSAND players and has approximately ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED left. Gregcau reckons closer to twenty five thousand have left.

So, gee, I’m hardly pulling prophecy out of a hat by saying this game is already next to dead. Am I. It failed, badly, and most of those thousands of players won’t be buying the sequel. Assuming there will ever be one, which I seriously doubt.

This is what happens when devs refuse to listen to the majority (who have since left) and fail to implement fundamental fixes, content instead to tweak for their own pleasure. Why not, they already have all the cash that matters.

It’s clear they set out to create a mediocre arcade game and they succeeded in that. It’s just a shame they didn’t pitch it at the consoles and leave the PC alone, it would have saved me £20.

Funny how it peaked at almost 10k players today alone (a very respectable number for a game like this, I might add). Perhaps you should check your information before spewing garbage all over the forums.