We want " Brutal Fatalities "

• Isn’t cutting someones head off then hearing them squelch and makes funny noises on the floor not gruesome enough?

• I like the idea, but only for duel mode.

This would be completely impractical in Team Objective as people would just wait for your animation to finish then rape you from behind, but this would add a little bit more insult to injury when winning against someone in duel mode, unless of course it was an optional thing where you have a choice to do it, then that could work out I suppose.

The only other issue is this would require some extensive animation on Torn Banners side, and I imagine it would be very low on their priority list right now :).

But hey, you never know what Content Update 2 may bring.

• Yeah, like Planetus said, it’'d be best suited for duel mode. In all other game modes, you face several opponents, and when you kill one of them with a “brutal fatality”, you are locked in that animation and it’s easy for the other opponents to cut you down. It’s like the vanguard charge animation, they miss and you can chop them up while their animation is still playing out.

• could be cool, game already looks good, something like this can make it look better.

• I think animations like that would break the feeling the game has at the moment…
    many of them (I’m talking about those in the age of conan video) look pretty damn stupidly unrealistic.
    I know chivalry isn’t all about realism, but it has a high level of realism. and animations like sticking your sword in the enemy’s head and ripping his head of would really break it.

• @Peter:

I think animations like that would break the feeling the game has at the moment…
    many of them (I’m talking about those in the age of conan video) look pretty damn stupidly unrealistic.
    I know chivalry isn’t all about realism, but it has a high level of realism. and animations like sticking your sword in the enemy’s head and ripping his head of would really break it.

Yeah, well, I don’t wish for the exact same animations from Age of Conan. I’d just like death animations in general. Even simple ones as sticking a sword in your opponents guts, have him fall to the knees while the sword is still inside him, then pull it out slowly as you push him away with your boot.

And ripping a head off with a sword is worse than… throwing punches and making heads explode?

• I suggested this long time ago and my suggestion get bashed to death :(

Seeing something like this would be cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMm5xDBZwAs

• @EricFong:

I suggested this long time ago and my suggestion get bashed to death :(

Seeing something like this would be cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMm5xDBZwAs

hell yeah

• @SavageBeatings:

@Peter:

I think animations like that would break the feeling the game has at the moment…

Yeah, well, I don’t wish for the exact same animations from Age of Conan. I’d just like death animations in general. Even simple ones as sticking a sword in your opponents guts, have him fall to the knees while the sword is still inside him, then pull it out slowly as you push him away with your boot.

And ripping a head off with a sword is worse than… throwing punches and making heads explode?

ah okay. So you mean killing moves like in skyrim? (they don’t look that unrealistic).

well I like that Idea. But how can you implement it in the game? in skyrim it’s like this: if the enemy would die by your next strike, if he doesn’t block and had no armor on, then the killing animation is played. but that would be pretty unfair in chivalry.
    you had to make it like this: enemy dies, by your strike but doesn’t get ragdolled the killing animation starts instead. and then it would look unrealistic, because there are even MORE stabs ans slashes and whatever before the opponent dies.

I guess I’m thinking too simple.

and there are nice death animations in my opinion. In chivalry, you can see your sword sticking into something in first person. (clips through walls etc, but also through players)
    that in combination with the stab animation and the animation that’s played when you die by a stab actually looks almost as you described. you can see your sword sticking through him and he falls on his knees. you just don’t kick him away. you just pull it out.

as many others said: this is only suitable for duels. In battles with more than 2 player it would be frustrating not to be able to move until the animation ends.

• Thank you guys for your participation :D

We want more interaction

• Im also not a fan of pre-canned animations.

If you want to humiliate somebody, you already can kick him down after you stabbed him or chop off his limbs and head while he falls down. The already existing death animations that play briefly before ragdoll kicks in like “stabbed”, “arm cut off”, “shot”, or “leg cut off (jumping on one leg)” are already doing a great job; maybe you could add some more of them, but thats about it.

Pre-canned kills tend to get boring over time and disturb the flow of the gameplay.

• @Dave:

Isn’t cutting someones head off then hearing them squelch and makes funny noises on the floor not gruesome enough?

Yes, in fact I would go the other way.

It just doesnt make sense to chop someones head off with a dagger.
    If chopping limbs off would be harder this would be my favourite fatality move.

• See this would look amazing expecially if the person getting brutally fatalized sees everything from their own perspective but as it was mentioned you are left vunerable while locked in animations.

Ill refer you to check War of the Roses for this very topic. one fatality is you stand over the enemy and drive the rim of your shield into the guys mouth but in the time that takes my hand axe will cut you three times and your dead.