Tker's punishment

• So, as everyone know in AoC the griefers/tkers were really bad, yea the “Votekick” is ok, but JUST ok.

I think they need some real humility. Since after all it is a medieval era. I think that the tker’s, oh say like after 2 tk’s in a row and when they die, they will forcibly go into the “holding cell” area with 3 or more of them see picture below for example’s/references

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_a … device.jpg
    http://www.dreamstime.com/medieval-tort … 564554.jpg

while the dishonored men are in this cell, everyone in the server who has died has a choice to either watch the rest of the game, or have a fun lil’ mini-game revenge/humiliating a griefer/tker in the game while in civilian/peasant clothing, they get to throw fruits/vegetables/taunt (mooning) and sorts of other stuff that the community might come up with or the developers. To me I really think it’s a grand idea. And the effects of getting a fruit/vegetable thrown in the face, well…. have you ever had any fruit thrown at you? Think of that. Sorry if my grammar is poor for whom it may concern.
    Pros:
    Getting back at the griefer/tker(s)
    mini-game
    more actual feel of the medieval era
    might make the griefers/tker(s) have a second thought about tking the whole team

Cons:
    Disconnecting issue. (even if they do disconnect they have to be hassled to finding the server again and coming back in, but then again there may be a small amount of servers in the distant future)
    More work being implamenting in the game itself.

Thats all of the pros vs cons I could think of. read this fully, carefully, think about it, think of some pros and cons and comment on what you guys think. Thanks. And sorry for making a suggestion on my first post. Don’t get angry, I just feel really strong about this certain topic.

• I too get really annoyed at Tk’ers If you think you might hit your teammate while he is dueling someone then don’t “help” him. What I do is I use overhead strikes or stabs so that i have a way less chance at hitting my teammate who I’m trying to help, but most people use the horizontal slash that just decimates everyone. Really love your ideas commitment to the period, but the mini game might be a bit too much work for the devs just to punish TK’ers, I think just chucking them in a cell for a few minutes would teach players to be more careful and not just try and steal kills at the cost of TK’ing.

• You forgot the con of it doesn’t solve the issue. You don’t need to get revenge, get them kicked and life goes on. The sooner you get real teammates, the better it is for you.

The dev’s could implement a system of getting auto-kicked once you do a certain amount of team damage. Though it has to come with no warning or it would still be abused by doing just slightly less than getting kicked.

Personally though, I get a laugh when I play a video game and see an entire team killed in the spawn point by 1 highly skilled team killer.

• well, like I said, the vote-kicking/auto-kicking is just OK. greifers will just come back and just tk as much as they can while other teammates try to tk the greifer and then it causes to wipe out the entire team then causing a chain of tking. I just think that kicking in aoc/soon to become cmw is a futile answer. but thanks for your viewpoints guys and do you laugh when you are trying to play the game and you and your entire team gets killed/ 25% health start of the game? It might be funny from the other view, but not for the person whom is getting griefed.

• @Mochi:

well, like I said, the vote-kicking/auto-kicking is just OK. greifers will just come back and just tk as much as they can while other teammates try to tk the greifer and then it causes to wipe out the entire team then causing a chain of tking. I just think that kicking in aoc/soon to become cmw is a futile answer. but thanks for your viewpoints guys and do you laugh when you are trying to play the game and you and your entire team gets killed/ 25% health start of the game? It might be funny from the other view, but not for the person whom is getting griefed.

Since you asked, yea I still find it hilarious. I don’t get upset over a game.

Though true a kick allows them to just come back, so how about when people get vote kicked, they are temp banned. Or 2 separate options for kick and temp ban in voting.

• A votekick right now is equivalent to like a 5 minute temp ban I believe?

• Votekick usually ends up being abused whenever the public majority feel like being douches.
    I welcome options as always, the most important is to allow server-admins to have kick functionality, the second option is to have vote-kick as an server-sided option, same goes for if friendly fire is on/off.

The more options the better, forcing things like this globally to one way or the other is never a good thing.

• @heady89:

Votekick usually ends up being abused whenever the public majority feel like being douches.
    I welcome options as always, the most important is to allow server-admins to have kick functionality, the second option is to have vote-kick as an server-sided option, same goes for if friendly fire is on/off.

The more options the better, forcing things like this globally to one way or the other is never a good thing.

Server admins are often worse with abuse than majority. Getting beaten by a better player = ban often in many games. It’s their server though, so nothing you can do about that lol. Without majority voting, there would be too many other problems, many servers could have no admins on.

• @~X~:

@heady89:

Votekick usually ends up being abused whenever the public majority feel like being douches.

Server admins are often worse with abuse than majority. Getting beaten by a better player = ban often in many games. It’s their server though, so nothing you can do about that lol. Without majority voting, there would be too many other problems, many servers could have no admins on.

Subjective i guess, from my years of gaming both public and privately I’ve only encountered douchy admins at rare occasions. Votekick is a much bigger abuse issue because the individuals will keep harassvoting anyone they don’t like.

• @heady89:

@~X~:

@heady89:

Subjective i guess, from my years of gaming both public and privately I’ve only encountered douchy admins at rare occasions. Votekick is a much bigger abuse issue because the individuals will keep harassvoting anyone they don’t like.

on top of that, the majority of douche’s or the people who are on the other team will absolutly not care like the person above who posted that they laugh at the other team getting killed or massacered in teamkilling. That and a team of griefers will absolutly not solve this problem with the vote-kick because they will simply click no for there guy who is tking.

• a vote kick require 55% to pass, assuming the whole of the opposite team votes yes only one more vote would be required to kick that person. Assuming teams are even.

• I would like an auto-kick after three tk, along with an option to forgive tker (in this case the tk don’t count for auto-kick), if the guy is really sorry, or if it’s your fault (you threw yourself under it’s strike). Of course tk and team damage should also be punished in the score even if the guy forgive you. Red Orchestra and some other games have this and i feel it works ok. I don’t like the idea of humiliating people, that’s childish and griefers wouldn’t even care, they would disconnect and bring pain on another server.

• TK autokick is a really terrible idea in a melee game. The fact of the matter is most players won’t forgive a TK even if they ran right in front of your attack. The MM server in AoC had an autokick after 3 unforgiven TKs and I would often get 3 total team kills over the course of 2+ maps and end up kicked. Can’t just blindly make the assumption that the Chivalry community will be any more responsible than that.

• @SlyGoat:

TK autokick is a really terrible idea in a melee game. The fact of the matter is most players won’t forgive a TK even if they ran right in front of your attack. The MM server in AoC had an autokick after 3 unforgiven TKs and I would often get 3 total team kills over the course of 2+ maps and end up kicked. Can’t just blindly make the assumption that the Chivalry community will be any more responsible than that.

Agreed.
    This needs to be avoided as it would create more problems for innocent people than the psychopatics team killers.
    No, only good admins or common sense polls can unmake industrial teamkilling.
    But the devs can’t do a thing about it, IMO, as it is a flaw of human nature, not the game’s fault.

• You’re probably right, I’ve got to admitt that I have little experience in multiplayer melee games.

• There’s a votekick function in the game already for taking care of intentional griefers (which will be improved upon in the future), and once the scoreboard is finalized there will be a system for subtracting points when attacking/killing teammates so that swinging through an ally to take their kill doesn’t put you high on the scoreboard. That’s really an adequate level of punishment in my opinion - AoC didn’t even have the votekick function built in, but most of the servers were friendly fire enabled and not constantly moderated and still griefing wasn’t the norm.

• I got an idea (all the numbers used can be different, it is just an example):

Basicly everytime you teamkill someone, your next respawn time improves exponentially, for example if you teamkill just one guy, you only add 5 seconds to your next respawn time, but if you tk two guys in a round you add now 20 seconds to it. So if you just teamkilled by mistake, you will in most cases respawn just 5 seconds later than in a normal situation and in the worst situation for someone like you 20 seconds more than normal but IMO you will feel okay with it, knowing that you deserved that punition and preparing yourself to be a better team mate.

Now if you are a real griefer, this system will pretty much fuck your chance to be a douchebag, imagine you teamkill 3 players and you die by someone of your team that just defended himself, that guy will just suffer 5 seconds penalty but you will be suffering something like 1 minute penalty for your next respawn time (exponential time punition). The griefer will feel bad about this.

Let’s add to this a system that takes in consideration something like a chain of teamkills if nothing “good-sided” interrupted it, so if you are a pure griefer that did voluntarily 2 tks in a row and who get killed, then you came back to life 20 seconds later to tk again (without having interrupted your chain of tks by doing some kills for your team, assists or even objectives…) you will add to it the 2 tks of the last round, so it will do a total of “2+x” tks, and your next respawn time will be necessarily far worse than the round before etc.

If you are a very good player, for example you did 12 “true kills” without dying in a row, and you did by mistake in that long live 2 tks so you got a final “score kills” of 10 (12-2) on that round, to avoid being too much inequitably punished, we could say that 5 “score kills” in favor of your team means -1 tk recorded for your next respawn time or something in that line so that guy got a normal respawn time in the end or nearly. Could work the same but with objectives in different proportion.

Obviously, it will need for the server to keep track of players, so when the griefer leaves and comebacks, he got his unfinished respawn time the same as he left before or even restarted from the very beginning.

What i like about this: it’s not only designed for the only purpose to stop griefing but it’s also a good emphasis for normal players to pay attention at the strikes they are landing, without being too restrictive.

• @Holy_Teal:

I got an idea (all the numbers used can be different, it is just an example):

Basicly everytime you teamkill someone, your next respawn time improves exponentially, for example if you teamkill just one guy, you only add 5 seconds to your next respawn time, but if you tk two guys in a round you add now 20 seconds to it. So if you just teamkilled by mistake, you will in most cases respawn just 5 seconds later than in a normal situation and in the worst situation for someone like you 20 seconds more than normal but IMO you will feel okay with it, knowing that you deserved that punition and preparing yourself to be a better team mate.

Now if you are a real griefer, this system will pretty much fuck your chance to be a douchebag, imagine you teamkill 3 players and you die by someone of your team that just defended himself, that guy will just suffer 5 seconds penalty but you will be suffering something like 1 minute penalty for your next respawn time (exponential time punition). The griefer will feel bad about this.

Let’s add to this a system that takes in consideration something like a chain of teamkills if nothing “good-sided” interrupted it, so if you are a pure griefer that did voluntarily 2 tks in a row and who get killed, then you came back to life 20 seconds later to tk again (without having interrupted your chain of tks by doing some kills for your team, assists or even objectives…) you will add to it the 2 tks of the last round, so it will do a total of “2+x” tks, and your next respawn time will be necessarily far worse than the round before etc.

If you are a very good player, for example you did 12 “true kills” without dying in a row, and you did by mistake in that long live 2 tks so you got a final “score kills” of 10 (12-2) on that round, to avoid being too much inequitably punished, we could say that 5 “score kills” in favor of your team means -1 tk recorded for your next respawn time or something in that line so that guy got a normal respawn time in the end or nearly. Could work the same but with objectives in different proportion.

Obviously, it will need for the server to keep track of players, so when the griefer leaves and comebacks, he got his unfinished respawn time the same as he left before or even restarted from the very beginning.

What i like about this: it’s not only designed for the only purpose to stop griefing but it’s also a good emphasis for normal players to pay attention at the strikes they are landing, without being too restrictive.

Yes! this is good! and if not, why not add in a team damage nerf…? say like 10-25% damage compared to a true enemy hit. That way by the time he wastes all of his stamina trying to tk someone, He will literally do no damage and everyone can just shrug it off since there is health regeneration. I don’t get the reason why everyone is dependant on the vote kick. It did not work for AoC, why would it work here? yea, if the AoC gods decides to tell a AoC admin to come on, then thank god but he could be even worse! Griefers is what killed AoC whether you disagree or not. It did. (also this game killed the mod but that doesnt matter! It was dead anyways!)