Stomping newbies in FFA is fun but…

• (74-8, lol)

what is far more entertaining is answering their stupid questions, help them learn the basics, maybe some more advanced tips, and so on, just to make them feel comfortable, convince them to stay (buy the game), and hopefully make this game’s community larger :)

• You’re doing god’s work, son. This community needs some love.

• @ChizFreak:

(74-8, lol)

what is far more entertaining is answering their stupid questions

newbie question: hey how do I make this work.
    ChizFreak: Just press F10

• @gregcau:

@ChizFreak:

(74-8, lol)

what is far more entertaining is answering their stupid questions

newbie question: hey how do I make this work.
    ChizFreak: Just press F10

[image:2z1f6xok]https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1860092438/True-story-neil-patrick-harris.png[/image:2z1f6xok]

(just tell them F10 is to switch to 3rd person, they always buy it)

• Un fucking believable. And then you pathetic BRATS will wonder why the player-count continues to fall. And undoubtedly have the gall to whine about it too.

“Oh look, the new guy doesn’t know how XYZ works…gosh, I am SO superior! Hey, noob, press F10! Lol!”

This is what trashed PC gaming. This is the attitude and behaviour that turned PC games into arcade dreck. The console-whoring scum came in as soon as mammy was able to afford a PC for her little darling. That’s why CMW has shite like feinting.

Yuck away, morons. Keep yucking as one server after another goes dark, until ya’ll are left with nothing but your tiny circle-jerk of losers.

Seriously…this thread is a fucking disgrace to online gaming.

• Steady panzerlang, you’ll give yourself a hernia. lol

• If I did it would never be as big as the one from which this game is suffering.

• If we help out the new players, then the community gets bigger, which is good for everyone.

There can be more clans, more players can become competitive and overall the community really benefits from it.

If you’re on a server with new people, ask them if they have any questions, help them out. Set an example as to why Chivalry is fun.

• Totaly agree this game need a larger community or it will die.

• It’s best to stay humble and kind to the new players, please don’t be a dick. This thread title alone says enough about some chivalry players that, that is not going to happen across the board. A good and helpful community is important, don’t drag us all down by “stomping newbies” it’s quite pathetic.

• F10 FOR VOTEKICK MENU!

• @Panzerlang:

If I did it would never be as big as the one from which this game is suffering.

Everybody knows that once you figure out what F10 actually does, you’ve gone through Chivalry’s “Initiation.”

Even I did it at one time.

• @Event:

@Panzerlang:

If I did it would never be as big as the one from which this game is suffering.

Everybody knows that once you figure out what F10 actually does, you’ve gone through Chivalry’s “Initiation.”

Even I did it at one time.

Of course, its funny the first time you do it to yourself.

Panzerlang seems to think noobs have low esteem issues but I don`t see anyone complaining about getting hacked to death.

I do try to make sure teams are balanced and there are lots of ways to make it fun for noobs. e.g. I dont attack the king, I just round around him clearing the agatha archers while he attacks me and I say no, no my lord.

• Eh? Esteem? They just become frustrated and dump the game.

• On these free weekends the noobs outnumber the pros over 10 to 1.

The servers I`ve picked I have rarely even seen a clannie. I saw an ia member who was quite a gentleman and helpful, even offered a free copy of chiv to one person.

You do realize your constant negativity is more damaging to the community.

Or maybe that is your intent.

• @gregcau:

On these free weekends the noobs outnumber the pros over 10 to 1.

The servers I`ve picked I have rarely even seen a clannie. I saw an ia member who was quite a gentleman and helpful, even offered a free copy of chiv to one person.

My constant “negativity”? Damaging to the community? You do realise that

a) the 20k+ players who have dumped the game had already done so before I even knew this game existed

and

b) the feint mechanic is, damage-wise, to me as a tornado is to a fart?

What you really mean is anyone who has an opinion contrary to your own, and articulates it too well, is a threat you’d like to see removed.

• @Panzerlang:

@gregcau:

a) the 20k+ players who have dumped the game had already done so before I even knew this game existed

and

What you really mean is anyone who has an opinion contrary to your own, and articulates it too well, is a threat you’d like to see removed.

So far you’re the only one I’ve encountered with this mentality.

And since when did feinting come into this discussion? Also do you have a source to back up your 20k players quitting?

• @Event:

@Panzerlang:

@gregcau:

and

So far you’re the only one I’ve encountered with this mentality.

And since when did feinting come into this discussion? Also do you have a source to back up your 20k players quitting?

Source? Only from posts on here. Greg seems to think the number is higher, but what do I know.

And as for my “mentality”, you mean I’m one of the few people who is sticking around to fight the sim-vs-arcade corner instead of dumping the game like the other 20k+.
    Sorry if that pisses on your “OMG, I’m so l33t!” CMW fantasy parade.

And talking of mentalities, I’m sick of the one that thinks it has a right to not only have all the console games at an arcade level but wants to spread the disease of mediocrity to the PC too. Since 1994 I’ve had to watch as game after game has been dumbed down to arcade dreck by whining brats who want everything turned to skilless shite, so they can buff their pathetic egos by pretending to be good at something. Headless-chicken, paddle-bashing fuckwits. And CMW is just another victim in a long line of victims.

• Panzerlang, you are…weird. I’ll keep it at that. It seems like you’re more busy bickering about what Chivalry might become/is then actually enjoying it right now.