Friday Update: What we're up to! May 24, 2013

• Hello everyone!

It’s that time again for our Friday update!

~ This week has been the focus on continuing to work on the balance changes for CU1 patch 2. While we hoped to have a new update on the beta for you by today, it just wasn’t possible, but stay tuned, it will be coming soon.

~ An exciting piece of news is that this weekend is free to play Chivalry on Steam! From now until Sunday at 4pm EST, you can enjoy the game for free! The game is also discounted a whopping 66% from now until Monday at 1pm EST, so get it while it’s hot!

In order to play the game for free, you need to look in your uninstalled games in your games library, it will be grayed out and you will install it from here. Keep in mind that once the free weekend is up, you will no longer be able to play, so take advantage of the sale!

I know there has been some issues with people not being able to join the servers. This is something that is occurring on Steam’s end, but we’re trying to figure out what we can do to help lessen the load all around. What has worked for a lot of people has been to restart steam - completely end the task and restart it, then try again. I do apologize that everyone is being affected.

~ Level Designer Andrew Seyko made some 2D overhead TO maps for us, which can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 129&type=3

~ I setup a Google+ community page for Chivalry, so be sure to add us!
    https://plus.google.com/communities/109 … 3335811238

~ We have a Community Events section up on our forums, where you can host your own event or contest, so either check out what we have going on already or start your own!
    viewforum.php?f=91

~ Thanks everyone for your continued support. Til’ next week!

• Cool overhead maps. Those can be useful.

• Indeed, eye opening to see the maps from so far above. Really cool. And that’s why I wish I could fly irl.

• Hey, there’s a contest going on. COOL!

CONTEST!

• Can you upload those Overhead maps in high resolution please?

• @afiNity:

Can you upload those Overhead maps in high resolution please?

If it goes any higher, you might not be able to see anything. :P

The maps would have to be rerendered unless the original files are in high resolution and can be posted here.

• You don’t say

• @afiNity:

You don’t say

Well I would assume that’s a lot of work so the demand would have to be a lot more than one person.

• It would be awesome if you could include a heat-map with those that show the most highly used areas of the map.