Is there anything that can be done to the votekick?

• I posted this on Ask TBS, but I guess it’s not something they want to answer. It’s too often that I see a completely innocent player being votekicked, just because he happened to be better than a few people, and everyone just blindly votes yes. It just saddens me so, even if it’s not necessarily happening to me, as I’m sure that’d ruin anyone’s time, especially because it was totally unwarranted. It’s way too easy to abuse this. Could anything be possibly done to alter the votekick?

• I think votekick abuse is just something that will have to be dealt with… I pointed out how un needed it is

Afks can get auto moved to spec and then kicked

Tks can be autokicked

Hackers need to be handled by calling a mod into the server and banning them, not kicking so they go to another server.

There is no need for a votekick mechanic other than to harass innocent players.

And i believe the community consensus in response to those concerns was
    ‘whatever’

• It’s being abused for sure, some unlucky player accidentally team killed some cranky douche bag and the cranky douche bag vote kicks the guy immediately. While everyone votes yes because they have no idea what happened and just go with it. Something needs to be put in place so that not every angry pissed off player can vote kick because something happened that he didn’t like.

• Its a free weekend so its worse.

Where I live its worse in the opposite way. People aren’t getting kicked. At all. Everyone votes no. One guy got kicked but he had 100% team damage. 65% team damage stlayed. 400 ping stays.

Its the free weekend.

• Yeah some of the more cranky noobs were calling me a hacker because I was 1-hitting them and they, knowing everything about the game already, know it’s impossible to 1-hit someone :roll:

However most noobs were nice and I even taught them some tips and let them duel me.

• You can’t fix democracy.

• Its quite a funny thing really, because different games have different results when it comes to votekick.

In source games, votekicking tends to be consistently unsuccessful. So much that hte problems are the exact opposite. When you have a nuisance, even if you spell it out to everyone, its hard to get him kicked.

People in that game vote No by default. In Chivalry, it seems like Yes is the default answer. Why? Good question. I think this is an interesting problem.

• @JCash:

@gregcau:

You can’t fix democracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St … tion,_2000

Not at all the same as the votekick mechanic. Here’s the way the US works:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_is_the_Un … _democracy

And here’s the way a votekick in Chivalry works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Democracy

True Democracy truly gives the majority what they want. While I understand what you’re saying I think there will always be situations in which it is important to leave the decision up to players and not a bot. For example:

I had a 4 on 1 today. Instead of swinging and hitting the two guys beside me I stabbed, and killed the enemy. I killed my teammate behind him because my stab went through the enemy and stuck my teammate on the other side. Understandable, in my opinion… The guy wanted me kicked, the other guys spoke up (noobs, too) and I was not votekicked.

• @quigleyer:

@JCash:

@gregcau:

You can’t fix democracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St … tion,_2000

Not at all the same as the votekick mechanic. Here’s the way the US works:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_is_the_Un … _democracy

And here’s the way a votekick in Chivalry works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Democracy

True Democracy truly gives the majority what they want.

… it was a joke.

Fixed election, fix democracy…

But i agree. The votekick system in chivalry actually is what made me decide democracy doesn’t work in principle. The people are sheep and need to be led. Why i stopped trying to work against the marxists that are secretly in charge of everything.

Also, you’re thinking of the dumbest most simple implementation of an autokick system possible, that no sane game designer would ever put in.

• @JCash:

Also, you’re thinking of the dumbest most simple implementation of an autokick system possible, that no sane game designer would ever put in.

That’s entirely possible. What are you suggesting? Team damage %?

I’ve had a couple games where I was starting a game and didn’t intend to swing, but did (mouse wheel will do that). I hit a teammate. My team damage was then 100%, but I explained myself and was obviously not attacking again. The team understood, I was not kicked.

What are you suggesting? Maybe after a certain time limit it goes into affect (after proper team damage % can be assessed?

I apologize if you’ve brought this up previously, I am rather new and inconsistent on these forums.

• @quigleyer:

@JCash:

That’s entirely possible. What are you suggesting? Team damage %?

I’ve had a couple games where I was starting a game and didn’t intend to swing, but did (mouse wheel will do that). I hit a teammate. My team damage was then 100%, but I explained myself and was obviously not attacking again. The team understood, I was not kicked.

What are you suggesting? Maybe after a certain time limit it goes into affect (after proper team damage % can be assessed?

I apologize if you’ve brought this up previously, I am rather new and inconsistent on these forums.

viewtopic.php?f=5&p=122232

Over120seconds afk= autokick.

More than X% TD (after being in server for X amount of time) = autockick

3 hits on a player within X amount of time (or without hitting anyone else in between) = autockick

X amount of team hits in a row = autokick

Use your imagination. It would be some variation of all of the above.

• Perhaps they could implement some sort of check system, whereby at least two different people have to call for a vote against a specific player before it is brought to a community vote (this would hopefully reduce votespamming). Or if a certain amount of votes against a specific person is called, they are autokicked.

On a more ambitious note, I think it would be cool if they could implement a reputation system. There are many cases where team damage does not reflect the whole story and so it would be easier for people to vote properly if they knew the one calling it had a reputation for playing respectfully or if the person being kicked had a known history of abusive language/hacking/trolling or vice/versa.

Just my thoughts, I am sure there is a good way to improve the current votekick system.

• Ping, hax, deliberate TKs and afks. This is the only online game i’ve played that doesn’t autokick AFKs. A system that calculated how many times you hit teammates over how much time would work. Server ping limits (that allow for the occasional lag spike) work. Hackers need mods to permaban them.

Players are under no obligation to be fair and reasonable with their votes. Here on oceanic there are often time when you can’t find many populated servers and when you get kicked for having a high score it sucks. I also see abusive player using their votes to keep trolls on the other team.

Vote kick does work as intended. A vote is called, players vote and action is made according to the majority of the votes. But its not always a good thing.

• Do what planetside 2 does. After a certain amount of team damage, locks your weapons for like 3 to 5 minutes. Aka, you spawn as filthy peasant for that time.

• In a game like this where the average age is 9 you can’t expect people to have common sence of that from a 20 year old. Reasoning is not something 9 year olds do.

• @sirmike:

In a game like this where the average age is 9 you can’t expect people to have common sence of that from a 20 year old. Reasoning is not something 9 year olds do.

They are all 20 something year olds. Just the mental ability of a 9 year old.

• I feel as if Votekick Abuse should be a bannable offense in my opinion. It’s unfair because those people being harassed by those who abuse it payed good money just like the rest of us to enjoy the game. It’s happened to me for being “too good” and it’s happened to me because im a “F**got?” Really? It should be either a bannable offense or some sort of out-of-game report system should be available to report people who abuse it with the ability to attach a screenshot or pull up the last played games chat. It would clean the community of its douchebaggery and help it flourish more.

• Explain the situation without any curses or name calling. People will see who is the culprit granted that they are not savages.

• @Agent:

People will see who is the culprit granted that they are not savages.

lololol good luck with that. This is the so-called gaming community.