"?INT?UTGameUI.Errors.UnableToJoinInvite_Message?"

• I’m trying to join a friend via the steam overlay, I get this message, but it still lets me in the game a few seconds later, I choose my team, am spectating waiting to spawn, and then I get kicked out with the same error. Honestly, I thought this shit was fixed a long time ago. I remember getting this error a few months ago, and I can’t believe it’s still prevalent to this day. Anyone with similar experiences?

• anybody? I get this error everytime I try to join a friend via the Steam overlay.

• Hi,

Yes, this is a known issue when you try to join off of a friend. You’ll have to have your friend tell you what server they are on or you can join through console with the IP.

Sorry about that.

• Ah ok thanks for the response. Not that big of a deal as I can just use the Friends tab of the server browser.

• typically works better if you exit the game, then join off the friend to allow it to restart the game and join.

Also, i’ve had success trying again a couple times… and i’ve also had success joining even after recieving that message by just pressing accept and then waiting a few seconds. It’s kinda flukey

• Also I’ve noticed if your friend sends you a game invite, you can join that way. It’s worked for me a few times.

• @Kimiko:

Also I’ve noticed if your friend sends you a game invite, you can join that way. It’s worked for me a few times.

How? Wouldn’t that require friends? :D

Haha…just kidding…

…don’t ban me…

• I always get this problem. In any case, though, if I join off a friend via the steam overlay and close the overlay right away, I don’t seem to have any problems actually joining the server.