What a joke this game is…..

• Ever since I believe the major update a month ago I have been unable to get a server list. At first, once the “alternate server browser” for a f…… game I paid for worked. I try tonigth to start things up HOPING you clowns have fixed things…and NOPE. I download the the “alternate server browser”. I leave myself complete open, meaning I DMZ my IP on router, turn off all AV shields as welll as “soft” firewall and still can not ping server either through game or “server browser”. I am not new to computers and have tried all suggested ideas here and on steam forums to no avail. HTF you clowns got steam to promote this joke of a game is behind me…and not surprised you selling it for pennies on the dollar.

I have been playing PC games for over 20 years and NEVER have I seen such a failure even at the most simlple of task (i.e. providing a server browser so you can PLAY). You should be taken out back…

Oh and fyi if you missed it …I was even, at first, running a server ( YOU NEED proper linux support) to promote/support this farce.

• Have you tried the topic that is at the top of the forum that shows you an alternate server browser?

Also, try this. Open up the server list like you normally do right click a server you want to join and look at the server info.

hit the ~ key

this will open the console.

type this in the console:
    open ipaddress:port

for example: open 123.231.123.321:7777

• Yes insult the developers I’m sure they’ll help you.

• Well 50,000 other people can manage it. If you cant even ping a server you got internet issues.

• I had the server browser problem once. I uninstalled the game using Windows Control Panel, deleted the My Games/Chivalry folder and reinstalled. I had tried these same steps using Steam to uninstall, and it didn’t work. Go figure :?

• @gregcau:

Well 50,000 other people can manage it. If you cant even ping a server you got internet issues.

I’m one of those 50,000 or so people that use the in-game server browser. It works fine 95% of the time. I’ve had a few times where it just didn’t want to give me any server list at all though.

To be fair though, I’ve been having some very short internet outages too lately. Perhaps it just decided to happen right at the same time I was trying to use the browser; who knows. But regardless, it does work fine most of the time for me.

Only thing I’d love for is a way to save server filters (unless there is a way that I somehow didn’t see; wouldn’t really surprise me :p)

• @Espionage724:

Only thing I’d love for is a way to save server filters (unless there is a way that I somehow didn’t see; wouldn’t really surprise me :p)

The alternate server browser saves your filters.

• well i can atleast name a few games worse than Chivalry… and much less fun… DNF… for one xD

• @lemonater47:

Yes insult the developers I’m sure they’ll help you.

Charging for a buggy game in early Beta stage is insulting customers if you ask me.

• @BenderRodriguez:

@lemonater47:

Yes insult the developers I’m sure they’ll help you.

Charging for a buggy game in early Beta stage is insulting customers if you ask me.

As someone who played the beta (200 ping no less) and preordered the game his game has come quite far since then.

Also, you think this is bad? Go play simcity. This game is hardly buggy compared to that mess. Yet people still play simcity mostly fine too.

And least in chivarly there are no game breaking bugs. Only minor. I have more tell or with people coming onto servers with 300 ping than with the bugs.