Breaking down feints and an idea (first post!)

• Short but sweet, ill just list a few ideas I have had over my 200hrs of Chiv.

In so many words, I would like to see the windup phase of attacks broken down further.

Feints
    1. Break feint the window into two parts (similar to attacks wind up/release).
    A. The “wind up” portion would be what we now call “quick feints”, typically seen when a player quickly raises his weapon but almost instantly Q’s out. This phase of the feint should retain the characteristics that are currently in place; feint-parry-combo, spamming, ect.

B. The “release” portion of the feint would address the so called late “unreadable” feints that are executed at the last possible moment and used to unrealistically allow for a last moment parry, or to get the opponent to parry to early for an easy kill. During this “release” phase the attacker may still Q out of the attack, however he may not attack (given a cool down period) directly after. The player can still “feint to parry”, but not counter attack directly after. This should also require a greater amount of stamina as well. This would still allow for players in team games to cancel attacks to avoid hitting teammates.

My reasoning
    Its all about the hands of the attacker and the ability to still have the “mind game” between combatants. By adding more phases to the basic wind up and release mechanic we can more accurately judge whats happening in front of us and have the chance to defend. By punishing late feints with limited offense/defensive possibilities and the loss of additional stamina it still allows an attacker to bail out or make a last second block at a great cost, not the trick that it has come today. The quick feint should basically be a head/hand fake that gets your opponent on his computer somewhere to actually freak out flinch IRL, which is what makes the game so awesome.

Just my thoughts.

• Not quite, there’s still more understanding you need, of course. But at least you are figuring things out constructively, instead of instantly crying about feints like many people here.

• Hi nova!I know we have played together before and I am a big foggy right now, so my post might not be that clear.

Ill try to be more clear when, uh, I am.

BRB going to go play now lol

• Common suggestion made many times before. This is similar with what they are trying to do with the next patch.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Not quite, there’s still more understanding you need, of course. But at least you are figuring things out constructively, instead of instantly crying about feints like many people here.

Yeah….

@NabsterHax:

Common suggestion made many times before. This is similar with what they are trying to do with the next patch.

Sounds like I have it figured out just as much as anyone.

Would you mind breaking down your understanding of the game?

• There are loads of other threads where I’ve expressed my opinion in more detail.

But basically, I think feints work fine now, and if they were made to be easy to react it would completely break the mechanic and make it pretty much worthless. With feints it is very easy for a good player to absolutely destroy a bad player, but when both players know the game it is extremely fun and balanced.

I do not like the beta changes, as I generally hate the idea of arbitrary timings. Feint .00001 second too late you get a severe penalty, and there’s no way to tell when this point is other than experience. Would have been much better if the feint recovery was a sliding value that depended on how late you feinted, not some arbitrary cut-off.

• @NabsterHax:

Common suggestion made many times before. This is similar with what they are trying to do with the next patch.

I only qouted you b/c something similar to my idea was already in the works, nothing more. Its really more of a question to nova but w/e