Kicking is OP

• Kicking is too overpowered, you cant block it and it only takes 20 KICKS TO KILL SOMEONE WITH IT!!

:o :o :o

Kicking needs to be removed its just impossible to fight against it!

• If someone kicked you 20 times in a row they used a stamina hack.

• @gregcau:

If someone kicked you 20 times in a row they used a stamina hack.

I was just joking… Haha :D

but sometimes I do like to unleash my feet of fury on someone and kick them in the face until they die :D 8-)

• Kicking is so OP.
    When I face-hug someone and start trying to kick them in the time it takes to windup they’re already out of range by simply backpeddling. I mean just think of what would happen if people didn’t normally backpeddle when the enemy is too close? It’d be like an insta-win button instead of just OP as f%#k!

Nerf the range and speed pl0x. It has the range of a dagger and the speed of a Maul.
    Great, so now everyone has Dagger-Mauls attached to their legs? If that doesn’t sound OP to you you’re crazy.

Also it’s OP that if either player is on even a slight incline then it’s physically impossible to land a kick. It’s like being able to feint a kick.
    Even worse is that 20% of the time on even ground the kick fails to work for no reason whatsoever. Feint-kicks that you can’t predict that phase through people’s bodies? If that’s not OP I don’t know what is.

On top of all that, unlike any other attack in the game you get rooted to the ground when you start a kick, making it even more obvious that it’s coming. Now I know what you’re saying, “Dibbz you handsome bastard, doesn’t that mean that it basically has no range whatsoever?” but you’re wrong; there’s some serious meta s#!t going on here.
    It’s freakin’ mind games I tell you.
    When your opponent is suddenly unable to move it’s a natural irresistible human instinct to get as close to him as possible, which makes you step right into the minuscule kick range just as the monumental windup finishes. It’s like a Maul, only unblockable and able to mess with your mind. Most OP thing ever put into any video game ever.

• @Dibbz:

Kicking is so OP.
    When I face-hug someone and start trying to kick them in the time it takes to windup they’re already out of range by simply backpeddling. I mean just think of what would happen if people didn’t normally backpeddle when the enemy is too close? It’d be like an insta-win button instead of just OP as f%#k!

Nerf the range and speed pl0x. It has the range of a dagger and the speed of a Maul.
    Great, so now everyone has Dagger-Mauls attached to their legs? If that doesn’t sound OP to you you’re crazy.

Also it’s OP that if either player is on even a slight incline then it’s physically impossible to land a kick. It’s like being able to feint a kick.
    Even worse is that 20% of the time on even ground the kick fails to work for no reason whatsoever. Feint-kicks that you can’t predict that phase through people’s bodies? If that’s not OP I don’t know what is.

On top of all that, unlike any other attack in the game you get rooted to the ground when you start a kick, making it even more obvious that it’s coming. Now I know what you’re saying, “Dibbz you handsome bastard, doesn’t that mean that it basically has no range whatsoever?” but you’re wrong; there’s some serious meta s#!t going on here.
    When your opponent is suddenly unable to move it’s a natural irresistible human instinct to get as close to him as possible, which makes you step right into the minuscule kick range just as the monumental windup finishes. It’s like a Maul, only unblockable and able to mess with your mind. Most OP thing ever put into any video game ever.

Mhmmhmhmhhmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmhmhmhhmmhmhmhmmhhmhmh okay

• NEXT PATCH: TBS nerf kicks.

• The “new” kick is useless.
    Old kick was too fast but the new kick is just too slow.
    I’ve tried it on hundreds occasions to use kick when i saw an opportunity for it, only to fail miserably.
    For example: a knight in front of me swinging Maul, i crouch, maul misses, i press kick, maul still missing, knight starts another swing, me as MAA still standing waiting for the kick, i see a leg raise aaand my head explodes.
    Another example: I see enemy Vanguard on a ledge not doing anything, he havent noticed me, i run next to him, press kick, same time as i press kick he turns around, sees me and starts LMB swing with Flamberge, the blade hits me before i can finish kicking.
    Kick was really nice addition to chivalry and added some immersion too but this new kick breaks all the immersion kick ever had on the game.
    Pretty much only time kicks can be used now is if the opponents is running at you from a good distance with a short weapon.
    No use kicking knights or vanguards, your leg wont reach.

• The worst thing about the new kick, other then it being slightly too slow, is that as you kick your forward movement is reduced. This means that even if you’re sprinting and then initiate a kick you suddenly slow down and because of this your kick typically falls short and doesn’t connect.
    This is inconsistent in the CMW universe. Take a look at sprinting and attacking for example. You can run for ever even if you are parried or are flailing about wildly with LMB spam.

• @giantyak:

Take a look at sprinting and attacking for example. You can run for ever even if you are parried or are flailing about wildly with LMB spam.

Not in Beta you can’t

• Your doing it wrong.

Jump kicks are where it’s at! All Ninja like.

• @Toll:

Your doing it wrong.

Jump kicks are where it’s at! All Ninja like.

Jump kicking is pretty much the only way to get enough range to actually land a kick on an opponent who isn’t a brick with a human neck attached to it.

Then again that costs even more stamina to do and you sometimes run into the “stuck hovering midair because you touched another player” glitch which, despite causing your boot to go straight through their face, means the kick is guaranteed to miss due to the “kick can’t handle even a slight difference in elevation” glitch.

With all the changes to kick you’d think they’d be able to fix its unusably short range (especially for Knights) and glitchy tendency to not work half the time. Maybe I should start whining about it in the Beta section.

• I agree with OP, kicking is massively overpowered. If there is a guy AFK, you can take him down with kicks in easily less than 2 minutes. I don’t believe such a glaring exploit has survived being patched for so long, the devs really need to pay attention to this

• Those damn kicks. I’ve been kicked to death AT least 4 times in all my time playing Chivalry.

• I refuse to even read what has been written. Just reacting to the title: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?

Really Kicking is OP? So in a week’s time, I have heard the daggers are OP, kicks are OP, fists are OP, the messer is OP, and my personal favorite, the quarterstaff is OP. Guys, if someone has managed to kick you to death or cheat you with the kick, it is due to that stupid flinch and a need for practice. Lose the flinch, lose the stun, gain back awesome gameplay mechanics.

With SO MANY complaints of OP, UP, blah blah blah, there has to be a central cause to the issues. Otherwise, what the forum amounts to is an admission of incompetence and failure by TBS on a grand scale. Since I do not believe TBS to be housing fools, then we have to look at core mechanics. Well, stuns and flinches are at the core of the combat mechanic. Stuns and flinches are making the classes unbalanced and the weapons seem cheesy (tho IDK, on the server I play, you can win with just about anything except maybe kicking exclusively).

There are two simple problems in this game:

One, for some reason, people think that 40 hours in a game like this qualifies them as experts. Most of you (and I do not say this as a troll, just the truth) still suck at the game. It isn’t your fault…the combat system in this game is unique and it takes at least 100 hours before your eye even begins to see the subtle nuances of the system and characters. It is INSANE that the programmers are listening to the wishes of numerous under-skilled players without a lot of time in the game.

Two, the flinch mechanic is the cause of all problems in the combat system. I am up to about 300 hours and the longer I play, the more I see it. I know some of the players here get all huffy about removing crutches, so all I am asking is enable the .ini setting that claims to adjust this gigantic problem (AttackWindowQueue claims to do this but doesn’t). Then beginners get their nerfed servers to learn and advanced players lose a crippling mechanic to the combat system.

One of the best games I played of CMW was a modded server at 150% speed. It eliminated the flinch and it was THE most action packed FFA I ever experienced. I have played Taverns on 200%. It was ridiculous, but still, more fun than having that flinch. Even this hacky approach provided a smoother combat experience.

Stop crying OP. I had a level 44 Vanguard cry OP cos I beat him. It is out of hand. Balance the game by adding to the skilled player pool.

• @the_brown_cloud:

I refuse to even read what has been written. Just reacting to the title

Grats! You just failed terribly by not beeing able to read a two line post.

• Kicking should drain all your stamina and stun you for 10 seconds when you perform it.

• @afiNity:

Kicking should drain all your stamina and stun you for 10 seconds when you perform it.

I think that would be a bit extreme, It should only stun you for around 8 seconds.

@Towe:

@the_brown_cloud:

I refuse to even read what has been written. Just reacting to the title

Grats! You just failed terribly by not beeing able to read a two line post.

Lol, I wonder how long it took that guy to write that massive wall of text :D

• @Dibbz:

Kicking is so OP.

9/10 would read again
    You should work on the first chapter. Otherwise well done

@topic

I find kick OP on shields, simply because its a free hit.
    So without going thru all that stupid hassle like 8 or 10 sec stun it should simply kill shield users right away. Or you could rework kick. You can shoot a sonic wave at the enemy, which deals a tiny bit of air damage (unless your opponent has 100% air resists). It also marks your opponent for10 seconds. If you use the button again in those 10 sec, you will perform a resonating strike/kick to the enemy, which has about 200m range. So you basicaly levitate and perform a bruce lee air kick pose. You could fly all into the base of the enemy if you caught someone and lastly kick the whole body&limbs out of the armor. Not to make it OP, the kick should kill only if the target has 99% hp left.

• In the past two days I’ve been in two situations where I’m wondering what I could have done about a shield bash/kick spam. I’m usually pretty good at dealing with kicks and out of 450 hours of gameplay these were the ONLY TWO TIMES that I felt kicking was an issue. It’s just weird it was in the last two days only.

I was cornered in the mine with pretty low health, but I was doing well with my parries. The guy just bashed me (the kick) three times in a row, and after the first one I was completely powerless to do anything about the next two, and died from being kicked over. I don’t believe I even had control of my character back in between kicks.

Today I was in a duel with a guy who was playing a jav archer. I had my shield out to deal with his habit of backing away a step or two and throwing a quick jav (because I was parrying all of his stabs easily) and was able to lower it by the time I saw him trying to kick me (so there was no shield stun). He then kicked me again, and then again, all the way back into the spikes (arena)… and there was nothing I could do. I attempted to move sideways, but it really didn’t get me anywhere (and moving back would have put me close to the spikes).

I don’t thinking kicking is OP honestly. I just think sometimes there’s a situation where it fucks you, but it’s not normally something that can’t be dealt with. Kicks hurt your stamina pretty badly and don’t do much damage. Both situations I mentioned could have probably been prevented by greater awareness of my situation/surroundings.

• I was cornered in the mine with pretty low health, but I was doing well with my parries. The guy just bashed me (the kick) three times in a row, and after the first one I was completely powerless to do anything about the next two, and died from being kicked over.

Today I was in a duel with a guy who was playing a jav archer. I had my shield out to deal with his habit of backing away a step or two and throwing a quick jav (because I was parrying all of his stabs easily) and was able to lower it by the time I saw him trying to kick me (so there was no shield stun). He then kicked me again, and then again, all the way back into the spikes (arena)… and there was nothing I could do. I attempted to move sideways, but it really didn’t get me anywhere (and moving back would have put me close to the spikes).

To kick someone 3 times takes a great deal of stamina…