Team objective map timeline?

• Is there some form of official timeline for the map rotation? I know the events of stonehill happen after darkforest becase during the village raid you can here the agatha anouncer calling “the order has found a way through darkforest”. Also, it would be reasonable to assume citidel happens after stonehill.

Now, because i have a boring job and i spend most of my 12 hour shift thinking about how i’d rather be playing video games, i’ve put together a little story for it that makes sense to me.

The returing arthathian navy managed to retake the beach and dispatch the forces who retook the capital. However, with the water supply poisend and the entire royal family dead (including the new king) the realm is left in a state of total choas, with the citizens dying by the thousands from drinking the poisend water and the argathian loyalist fighting amongst themselves over who has a rightful claim to the throne. The defeated mason forces, having retreated back to their citidel, are reorganizing and remain the only united force in the realm. The divided argathians, realizing the masons will soon be ready to invade again, band together to storm the mason citidel and end this threat once and for all.

Man, i need a new job!

• Well when I think about it I believe there’s like two scenarios. The battle starts at moor:
    If agatha wins it goes on to hillside->battlegrounds->Citadel.
    If the order is victorious the battle continues at Argon’s wall->darkforest->stoneshill.

Seems reasonable to me.

• @Xylvion:

Well when I think about it I believe there’s like two scenarios. The battle starts at moor:
    If agatha wins it goes on to hillside->battlegrounds->Citadel.
    If the order is victorious the battle continues at “that LTS map which I don’t know the name of with a partly destroyed wall in the middle”->darkforest->stoneshill.

Seems reasonable to me.

Argon’s wall

• King argon died on the crusade in Tenosia.

When he died many mean went back to agatha. The first wave of troops. Many of these troops were mason. The rest stayed in Tenosia not believing argon was dead.

Back home they were already fighting about who was gonna be the next king. Malric saw the opportunity to expand his own army. He forced many agathian soldiers to join his army and killed those who didn’t. Many peasants also joined as malric said it was the people’s army. He took the captital city and many other cities on the coast.

King argon has an eligible son but he’s missing presumed dead.

The second group of agathians come back not knowing what went on back home and that’s the hillside map. They have to fight their way through. They then start a long seige on the capital city while Feydrid Kearn goes to stoneshill castles one of the last castles not taken over by the masons. Feydrid then moves the royal family to a safe place. Feydrid planning to take care of things untill the rebellion is over.

The agathians at the capital are ready to launch a frontal attack. There has been plenty of skirmishes as patrols that have meet each other out in the drilled and as a result the masons have dug in outside of the walls and turned the area into a complete wasteland. The agathians take many casualties. Burning the farm is for just in case they fail to take the city that day. Then the masons won’t have a source of food and they would be starved out instead of by the sword. The agathians are getting supplied from elsewhere.

Malric now has an organised army against him instead of just a few bands of enemy’s loyal to argon. He ails to take out their leader at stoneshill. It was also the last place the royal family was seen at so if he could capture some enemies he could get them to give the location of the royal family. He tasks his men to poison the water supply. The masons don’t know the royal family is hiding in the darkforest outpost opposite the water supply. The agathians assume the worse and think they are coming for the royal family as well and pretty much gave it away by their shouting of orders. Target of oppurtunity the masons are now tasked on taking out the agathian outpost and killing the royal family. Running low on men its a difficult job.

Stoneshill and citadel are two alternate endings. They don’t come one after the other. There’s nothing really special about those two maps that people don’t know about. At stoneshill the agathians destroyed the bridge at stoneshill meaning the masons couldn’t attack. The only real ways of getting through was several dangerous mountain passes. Not all go to stoneshill so the masons have to feel down each one to find a way through.
    The citadel was a old stronghold built atop a huge mountain. When it was built they didn’t think of it being a volcano. Many year later the volcano erupted and hasn’t stopped slowly erupting ever since. It was abandoned in fear and has slowly been destroyed. Malric need a place to rule from without being seen. After surveying the area it wasn’t too dangerous. After damming the flows with his abundant army of slaves he made it his own castle. The agathians found him somehow it is not clear how.

• Thanks! It would be interesting if they introduced some backstory, perhaps malric was once one of argons trusted generals and they had a falling out so malric took his opportunity to seize power.

• @Ready:

Thanks! It would be interesting if they introduced some backstory, perhaps malric was once one of argons trusted generals and they had a falling out so malric took his opportunity to seize power.

That was the case Malric was called General Malric. He lead the elite troops. In battle they became to be known as the mason order.

Then Argon died and he saw an opportunity.

And I got all that from the tutorial, what characters say and from the book of lore.

• @lemonater47:

The citadel was a old stronghold built atop a huge mountain. When it was built they didn’t think of it being a volcano. Many year later the volcano erupted and hasn’t stopped slowly erupting ever since. It was abandoned in fear and has slowly been destroyed. Malric need a place to rule from without being seen. After surveying the area it wasn’t too dangerous. After damming the flows with his abundant army of slaves he made it his own castle. The agathians found him somehow it is not clear how.

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/map_vantear.swf What about this then?

• Man, I really love the lore of this game for some reason. I wish there was like a single player storyline or somethin haha, or at least some more backstory.

• Stoneshill is meant to come after Darkforest, this is hinted at in the VO’s for the commanders in both stages such as in Darkforest where the Agathian commander VO states something about "protecting the royal family and preventing the masons from reaching stoneshill"also on stoneshill the Agathian VO commander in the village states that “The masons have made their way through the dark forest, protect the village”

It’d be super sweety awesomepie if the devs could make a canonical map rotation though with the next map being decided by the victor, but we’d need more maps before they could do that.