[POLL] Class Balance CU1P2

• Which class do you feel is the most overpowered/unbalanced?

Feel free to explain your reasoning in the comments.

• Don’t listen so much and none will be overpowered.

• Knights by far.

Having the ability to take and extra 1 to 2 hits is too valuable. The speed loss is not enough to notice, and while they have shorter range than a vanguard, not by much when using a long-sword. Even without the long-sword, the chase mechanic makes it very easy to nullify the speed weakness.

Tower shields make it very annoying for archers or projectile users to do any damage before the engagement happens. Tower shields are great for advancing forward, and you can even hide a vanguard behind one to help out.

Vanguards need to be buffed to the point where a knight using a longsword or a sword of war has to get at least one headshot in order to 2-shot a vanguard.

You know when something is overpowered when EVERY team ALWAYS caps out on knights.

• Depends on the setting.

In a duel, man at arms hands down.

In a team setting, probably knights, but also archers because their skill ceiling is much higher than any other class, and defending against a good archer is almost impossible. Even with a shield, you can be hit. There isn’t much in the room for balancing that out though because it does boil down to merely having more available headroom for that skill to flex around in.

• Pretty much what Radiant said:

MaA for 1v1, mostly. Unless the knight is very good at stamina management.

In team games I’m sure any team would go 5 knights if they could (and had 5 good knight players). They are much harder to kill than any other class and can defend themselves and output damage with the same or better efficiency than other melee classes.

Currently archers can make or break a team in TO. They can do a lot of damage, and still can be very effective in a 1v1 melee. They also have the ability to carry like crazy; 2 well placed shots can turn a team of 5 into a team of 3, which is a massive advantage. There are effective anti-archer tactics and setups, but they usually involve sacrificing a lot of melee power.

So that makes it seem like VGs get a bad deal… which in general I think they do. But in the right hands they can be much more effective than an MaA in team games.

• Currently archers can make or break a team in TO.

Well the Warbow certainly can. When the ranged weapons are balanced properly (taking the Warbow down a notch), there will hopefully be a wider range of the use of other primaries.

• @CRUSHED:

MAA is the most overpowered class. Not in terms of “roflstomp OP” but in terms of effectiveness to skill ratio. Its way easier to do well with it then any other classes in the game with very little effort. Put a dedicated MAA Player into a knight or vanguard spot and see him fail, while you revert that, you still get a decent maa out of a good knight.

So yeah, MAA for me. In duels atleast.

• I voted MAA because they piss me off beyond belief and no other class does that to me, except maybe Warbow Archers, but MAA definitely moreso. It’s also basically in the same position as the MAA was in Age of Chivalry for the first year; the MAAs saying Knights were overpowered and everyone else hating on the MAAs when it comes to 1v1.

• @CRUSHED:

Put a dedicated MAA Player into a knight or vanguard spot and see him fail, while you revert that, you still get a decent maa out of a good knight.

That’s not true, you should really try playing maa against decent team.

• It’s hard to choose between Knight and Vanguards as they’re both really quite OP, especially with dragging and feint-to-parry. I’d have to say knight though, the extra armour makes them sligtly more durable and a lot harder to kill, they’re also able to kill as fast as Vanguards with their OP weapons. Then again a sprintng Vanguard with a zwei can take down a whole team by himself, not hard to counter if you know how to do it though.

• rumpel if knight is op why are you terrible at knight then? your a great maa, wouldnt you be an insanely good knight if knight was op?

• @CRUSHED:

rumpel if knight is op why are you terrible at knight then?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
    @CRUSHED:

your a great maa, wouldnt you be an insanely good knight if knight was op?

It doesn’t work that way. Great knight won’t be great maa, great maa won’t be great knight. You’re amazing knight but if you played as maa in 5vs5 against me I’d simply outperform you as you would to me if I played knight.

• @CRUSHED:

rumpel if knight is op why are you terrible at knight then? your a great maa, wouldnt you be an insanely good knight if knight was op?

Overpowered doesn’t always mean easy. Something can be overpowered because of its high skill ceiling where it’s better than everything else once you get really good at it.

• MAA is the most overpowered class. Not in terms of “roflstomp OP” but in terms of effectiveness to skill ratio. Its way easier to do well with it then any other classes in the game with very little effort. Put a dedicated MAA Player into a knight or vanguard spot and see him fail, while you revert that, you still get a decent maa out of a good knight.

You little rascal, you’re nothing more than an average maa, because it’s not your primary class and you rarely play it, same for maa in knight / vang, the truth is, knight is nothing hard, it’s all about feint / feint parry every fuking time, in combo, in defense etc, indeed knight require less button to control than a maa so less sync fro the player, so less skill, this is logic, when i play knight i’m fully able to spam the voice during the fight without interuption, cause this doesn’t require a lot of button, i can’t do that as a MAA :)

But in terms of overpowered class, in duel i will say MAA, because there is more room for skill as i explain it before, so this can truly be the best class if you master it, in TO probably knight.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@CRUSHED:

Put a dedicated MAA Player into a knight or vanguard spot and see him fail, while you revert that, you still get a decent maa out of a good knight.

That’s not true, you should really try playing maa against decent team.

I voted for knight because:

• You ALWAYS get knights to fill 50% rule….

Well he actually tried to play maa in a half comptetitive level and switched after 5 minutes and it wasn’t even a scrim it was just a PUG :P

I’m also mainly maa and I think maa needs the most work among all the classes BUT it is not because of that invalid argument.
    @CRUSHED:

Also, you only had a duel exp with maa and using only alt swings with a dane axe on top of feints. You have even said that you can survive without using dodges on competitive TO. Now we have an objective situation here for the people who doesn’t know.

And a bonus :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psaen2tqd5o

• I am a knight. This is about TO but even there are 1vs1 situations

Archers: The best archers in this game are OOP. Moderate skilled ones are worthless. Archers can kill knights with melee but why they shouldnt be allowed to do that.
    => balanced. The Warbow is the only option(2hitting knights; there arent many weapons which 1hit archers). Other bows are worse. I dont know if the archer still would be good when they nerf the warbow. Crossbows arent practically and javelins are strong but bugged+buckler.

Maa: It is very difficult to kill good maa in a 1vs1 with the primary weapons of the knight. When the knight uses his secondarys it is: dodge+speed vs armor(= in general 1 hit more, sometimes 2. depending on the weapons of both, slash stab overhead and head body legs) In my opinion that is unfair.
    In teamfights he is vulnerable to his sides and back but in general not more than vanguards. It is still very difficult to kill him when he is in front of you and there isnt time to switch to secondary.
    => OP

Vanguard: best vanguards can kill you with their movement and weapon range. Bardiche kills with 2 hits, swords have good delays and epic slash dmg and spears are super long. But he really dont has any survivability.
    =>UP

Knight: slow–>you cant really chase Maa and Archers, it takes too much time until you get them and you dont want to follow them into their spawn. Vanguards kill you with their speed. You can take 1hit more. Variety of weapons.
    =>balanced

• This poll is proof this community have very little insight into how this game works.

• You forgot to add a “None” option…

• @Helgeran:

This poll is proof this community have very little insight into how this game works.

Most people let their emotions get the best of them. They don’t think constructively and only view things as OP based on what pisses them off.

The other thing is that most people tend to view balance around duels, when it’s the opposite way around. This game is balanced around team play, not duels. Duel mode didn’t come out until recently. I was even an avid dueler (played nothing but duels until rank 27), and knew the game wasn’t balanced around duels.

• @KÄPTn:

I am a knight.

Archers: The best archers in this game are OOP. Moderate skilled are worthless. Archers can kill knights with melee but why they shouldnt be allowed to do that.
    => balanced. The Warbow is the only option. Other bows are worse. I dont know if the archer still would be good when they nerf the warbow. Crossbows arent practically and javelins are strong but bugged+buckler.

Maa: It is very difficult to kill good maa in a 1vs1 with the primary weapons of the knight. When the knight uses his secondarys it is: dodge+speed vs armor(= in general 1 hit more, sometimes 2. depending on the weapons of both, slash stab overhead and head body legs) In my opinion that is unfair.
    In teamfights he is vulnerable to his sides and back but in general not more than vanguards. It is still very difficult to kill him when he is in front of you and there isnt time to switch to secondary.
    => OP

Vanguard: best vanguards can kill you with their movement and weapon range. Bardiche kills with 2 hits, swords have good delays and epic slash dmg and spears are super long. But he really dont has any survivability.
    =>UP

Knight: slow–>you cant really chase Maa and Archers, it takes too much time until you get them and you dont want to follow them into their spawn. Vanguards kill you with their speed. You can take 1hit more. Variety of weapons.
    =>balanced

I agree. But archer is the strongest class after MAA in 1 vs 1 in melee. It is delirium.
    Only a small supply of health stops them.