Unable to play, steamapps chivalry folder have…

• Error 0x80070570 it prevent me to delete the steamapps folder that I can’t start a fresh reinstalling.

• Did you try right clicking on the game in your Steam library and click delete local content?

• I did, the next time I try to reinstall it on steam and the download stopped halfway with no way to continues even I click “resume download”. So I believe the file in steamapps is the main cause

• Try deleting everything you possibly can. Try deleting it through Steam and find the folder on your comptuer and try deleting it that way too. Also, if you have any processes of it running in the task manager, make sure to close it. I’d suggest closing Steam as well and try deleting the folder on your computer.

After that, run Steam and make sure it’s deleted and try reinstalling.

• @Keith:

Try deleting everything you possibly can. Try deleting it through Steam and find the folder on your comptuer and try deleting it that way too. Also, if you have any processes of it running in the task manager, make sure to close it. I’d suggest closing Steam as well and try deleting the folder on your computer.

After that, run Steam and make sure it’s deleted and try reinstalling.

I can delete it on steam, but not the Steamapps folder.

The Error 0x80070570 prevent me to do so

• So after doing some research, it seems there is something corrupted on your harddrive. Someone has listed the following steps so I suggest you do these and hopefully it shall work for you:

You have a damaged filesystem.

1. Don’t panic.

2. Open an administrative command prompt:

Assuming you’re running Vista/7: press the Start button, type “cmd” (always without quotes) in the search box.
    Should look like this
    Right-click on the cmd.exe, select “Run as administrator”

Next steps assume your Steam is installed on C:
    3) In the command prompt, type “fsutil dirty set c:”, then press Enter. This will mark your disk C: as needing a check.

1. Type “chkntfs /C c:”, press Enter. This will schedule a check at boot.

2. Reboot your computer. Filesystem will be checked, errors will be repaired if necessary.

• File check was already happened, and it is somehow the main reason that the folder is corrupted.

It was fine before the file check happen on its own

• Hmm…

This might be a fix for you. It’s been a fix for some others:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … -questions