Whole host of problems.

• So I played the free weekend on Steam, enjoyed myself so forked out for the game. I encountered the problem where no servers turn up, but I could go to the official server list on the General Discussion board and connect directly (most of the time)

Now I have actually bought the game, I simply just can’t play. After uninstalling and then reinstalling the game I still don’t have any servers show up in the in game server browser, I have tried all the suggestions in the “Known Issues” thread but to no avail. So I downloaded the alternate server browser, it also shows no servers. Tried it with my firewall off, my anti-virus off and no change. The Alternate Server browser also seems to just stick at “Querying individual servers…”

I also seem to get the problem that when I try to connect to some official servers I get told that the host is using downloaded content that I do not have. Even if they are a “Classic” server.

What on Earth is going on? I really enjoyed the game when I got the chance to play it but after buying it I literally have been unable to do anything and its incredibly annoying.

• First, let me congratulate you on making the smart decision to buy the game.

However, at this time, due to heavy traffic, there are problems with the servers.

Also, the Community Monitor has made a post:

“I know there has been some issues with people not being able to join the servers. This is something that is occurring on Steam’s end, but we’re trying to figure out what we can do to help lessen the load all around. What has worked for a lot of people has been to restart steam - completely end the task and restart it, then try again. I do apologize that everyone is being affected.”

You can try creating a match with bots, play for a bit then try joining a server. This has worked for some people and you may need to try it a few times.

Also, this has worked for someone:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=13783

One thing as well, make sure that you’re running the main game and not the beta version.

• reboot/restart steam?

if it is stuck querying probably a steam connectivity issue.

• I’ve restarted steam several times, and tried those 2 things suggested to me by Keith; still no change. I’m going to try completely removing the game from my PC and re-installing over the night to see if that helps.

Otherwise I am still stuck on playing with bots, who after 5 minutes just congregate around the spawn point like a herd of confused sheep.

Also, any idea as to why I would be told the servers are running downloaded content I do not have? I am not running the Beta and as far as I know the first server on the list would let me join (but it seems to always be full)

EDIT: So now all the official servers say “Connection Lost: The Host has Downloadable content you do not”

• @Nelatherion:

I’ve restarted steam several times, and tried those 2 things suggested to me by Keith; still no change. I’m going to try completely removing the game from my PC and re-installing over the night to see if that helps.

Otherwise I am still stuck on playing with bots, who after 5 minutes just congregate around the spawn point like a herd of confused sheep.

Also, any idea as to why I would be told the servers are running downloaded content I do not have? I am not running the Beta and as far as I know the first server on the list would let me join (but it seems to always be full)

EDIT: So now all the official servers say “Connection Lost: The Host has Downloadable content you do not”

This sounds like you are opted into the beta. Gosh, I hope that it’s not defaulting to that option when you purchase the game, because THAT will be really annoying…

Anyways, please right click on Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in your games library –> Then click properties --> Then click on Betas --> And then make sure it’s on NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.

Good luck!

• So I made sure I was not in the Beta and reinstalled, however that has not sorted the servers not showing up in either the in game browser or the alternate browser. However I can now join servers from the official server list.

Which is a step in the right direction, except they are (the ones in the UK) empty, or say I am to low or high a level to join. I think thats one step forward, half a step back.

EDIT: Well, lets change that to I am only able to connect to empty servers. I found a website that lets me see the servers being used, cross referenced them with the ones on the Official list and tried that way. The game just opens and does nothing else. I tried using the console commands to get directly onto a server, still nothing.

Is there anything I can do? Because this is just getting beyond frustration.

• This worked for me when I had browser issue.

1. Double check that you are opted out of beta
    2. Uninstall Chivalry using the Windows Control Panel
    3. Delete the My Documents/My Games/Chivalry folder (after the uninstall)\
    4. Restart computer.
    5. Install Chivalry

Could also be your firewall blocking the game, I guess.

• Tried that, and still have server issues.

But now I can right click on the blank spaces and it highlights the empty space, but that does nothing. If I click Server Info it comes up with no server info.

Is their any like logs or something I can make that would give someone with more tech knowledge than me an insight as to what is happening? I can run the game fine, just not join servers.

• If you go to your Documents > My Games > Chivalry > UDK > Logs you’ll find a log file you can post here that will give people a better idea as to what the problem is. :)

• There are 4 Logs in that folder, so here is the one that is dated today (29th)

• Have you messed with the filters by any chance? Or rather, can you see if the perspective is defaulted to third person? If so, completely reset it (and save) as it tends to bug out - although this will be fixed in the next patch.

If that also doesn’t work, try out the alternative server browser that ReMixx made and see if that works for you:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664

• I have not messed with the filters (at least not that I know of). Also, where would I find if the perspective is defaulted to 3rd person? Looked in the video options and no option for that.

I have tried the alternative server browser but it shows up with
    “Refreshing servers…
    Retrieved list of servers.
    Querying individual servers…
    Retrieved 0 servers with 0 players playing.
    Finished refreshing servers.”

EDIT: Even with my firewall off.