Is CMW one of the most enraging games??

• I wonder if I get mad, because I’m so competitive. But not many games make me mad. The only other game to get me mad was Starcraft xD. Maybe it’s because they were (are) both my favorite games, so they make me rage more ;)

Good times!

• Yes, there are two reasons:

1 - Being killed by something that, in my view, is unfair or ridiculous. Could be a team kill, a feint, a bug or animation glitch, etc… this is annoying although isn’t infuriating ,just grates at me a bit especially if it happens often.

2 - Losing due to my own mistake, or someone else simply outplaying me. I cannot accept, and unfortunately these days cannot seem to have fun unless I am the best. This is the only game where I’ve ever had a mentality like this, and I dislike it. It makes me feel like I can’t just log in and play because I have to constantly protect my reputation (who the hell cares right) by not being a dumbass or playing poorly. It’s stressful. I don’t quite know how to get out of that mindset.

Sometimes I feel like I sort of am, but then I make a stupid mistake and my mindset goes back into tryhard mode. Damn.

• Yes. I´m actually trying to quit the game for that reason, i sometimes lose my mind completely.

• This game doesn’t make me rage that much, I’ll sigh at a feint (but take it as a compliment) and get a bit pissed off when an MAA uses his hit-thru-parry ability, but overall this game isn’t a full on rage inducing game for me.

Battlefield 3 takes the rage crown for me due to certain silly luck mechanics they won’t tweak, wonky ass hit detection they say is superior and 95% of the weapons being inferior to the other 5%. Don’t really play it anymore, I’d rather use my gaming time for fun than pure frustration.

• @AngryDave:

Battlefield 3 takes the rage crown for me

God damn can’t agree more. Used to love that game on release, then patch after patch it became worse. Now it’s just crap, shotguns don’t hit point blank cause of “suppression”, normal hit reg issues, hackers etc.

Gah, already getting angry just thinking about how atrocious that game is. TB, please don’t ever become as balance crazy as DICE did :(

• when i moved into my first apartment, i had a noise complaint one night because of this game lol

sad, but true.

I don’t rage often, but when i do… i yell obscenities

• If the stats would be kept somewhere, like the K/D and such I would rage more, simply because I don’t want to look bad. But atm it’s nothing like Tekken or Battlefield, sometimes I laugh when I die due to a stupid mistake or because it looks hilarious/awkward while I do. If I get mad it’s probably at myself for not being good enough.

• Having a tense duel with someone only to get shot in the back by an archer before you can finish the duel is always SO annoying and anti-climatic. And face hugging knights with 1h’rs and shield is also really aggravating. Other then that, it’s fine. Chivalry overall, doesn’t have that annoying “who killed me, where, how, and when!?” like you get in shooters regularly because people just snipe or one shot you from behind a lot. In Chivalry, if somebody kills you (besides the aforementioned archer back shots) you KNOW who, and how (usually), killed you and that’s great.

• When i die to stupid mistakes, &i know im better then that.
    that makes me Rage.

• It was until I realised what the problem is…it’s a mediocre arcade game that relies on fantasy bullshit instead of being what it should be, a simulation.

I’m now able to enjoy it in the same way I enjoy browser games, a quick five minute bash here and there. A bloody expensive one but hey ho, one gets caught out every now and then.

• @Panzerlang:

It was until I realised what the problem is…it’s a mediocre arcade game that relies on fantasy bullshit instead of being what it should be, a simulation.

I’m now able to enjoy it in the same way I enjoy browser games, a quick five minute bash here and there. A bloody expensive one but hey ho, one gets caught out every now and then.

Well it is the closest thing we got to a simulation. Mount and blade and that other game war of the roses are much worse and less realistic.

• @clayton-bigsby:

when i moved into my first apartment, i had a noise complaint one night because of this game lol

sad, but true.

I don’t rage often, but when i do… i yell obscenities

LOL, I had this when I first got the game… my house mate was so pissed at me the next day. Oops.

In general though, If I get frustrated it is at my own inability to kill the opponent or making a mistake. I’ve never gotten angry at another player killing me only a face palm now and then when you get dick slapped by a face hugging Man at Arms with a Dane Axe or an archer shoving a dagger in to your urethra 24 times.

But yes, it does make me an unhappy panda some times!

• Take on 4 enemies by yourself, kill 3 of them, be about to finish the last one off and take a friendly arrow through the head……

Yep, that’s happened to me twice now

• I rage when my teammate archers shoot me in the back or when they are just generally doing nothing on TO attacking side.

• I scored my first deathless round last night. 36/0 against 3 40+ players and a couple of newbies.
    My mind certainly got wobbly towards the end as I realized I haven’t died yet.

This couldn’t be achieved with an angry mind.

• For me it is, which is why I can barely play 10 minutes anymore. The bugs, like not blocking when I press the block button 20 times, and the fact some players use exploits to win causes me to ragequit.

• @Toll:

I scored my first deathless round last night. 36/0 against 3 40+ players and a couple of newbies.
    My mind certainly got wobbly towards the end as I realized I haven’t died yet.

This couldn’t be achieved with an angry mind.

I’ve had something similar.

Towards the end, with like a minute left…

Shot in the head.

By an ally.

Kettle. Fire. Boom.

• @sharkh20:

I rage when my teammate archers shoot me in the back

sorry

• We all should make Chivalry rage videos, then share them here. :D

• The only game that made me angry IRL is DotA.