OpenAL or Rapture3D Audio instead of XAudio2?

• I was looking through the ini files, and noticed this game is using XAudio2. I was hoping to be able to use Hardware-accelerated OpenAL instead, and figured I could just change the device via the ini, but this doesn’t seem to work (no sound in-game).

I’m editing AudioDeviceClass under [WinDrv.WindowsClient] from UDKEngine.ini found in C:\Users\Espionage724\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config and changing that line to AudioDeviceClass=ALAudio.ALAudioDevice

I also uncommented out the Device Name=Generic Software line under [ALAudio.ALAudioDevice].

I even tried installing the Game version of Rapture3D and changing the Generic Software to Rapture3D (DeviceName=Rapture3D) to no avail.

Is there anything I’m doing wrong? Is there anything else I can try, or is it just impossible currently to use anything other than XAudio2?

• Bump

• And you want to change it why?

• @lemonater47:

And you want to change it why?

@Espionage724:

I was hoping to be able to use Hardware-accelerated OpenAL instead

Would lessen CPU load (would help immensely since PhysX sucks) and sound better as well (at least that’s the case with UT3 and another Unreal Engine game with my sound card)

XAudio2 is Software-accelerated btw (at least on any OS above XP).