Come on Aussie's

• Its a friggin Saturday and nobody is playing Chivalry are you all mad?

• It sure is hard to find players on those servers. I haven’t played a match with more than 10 people yet. Hopefully it will start to fill up more as people pre-order and after it launches in October!

• I hear ya, The most I’ve seen is 14 players including myself and thats not even half of what the objective server supports.

• Prob down to clan members stacking teams too.

• Last Team Standing is driving a lot of players off. It’s just not an appropriate mode for introducing people to the game, not to mention it brings out the worst in people.

I understand there’s a lot of demand for competitive “HC” modes, but they simply have no place in a public setting. I’m seriously dreading the upcoming Hardcore modes that are in development as I just know every server is going to run them, simply because it’s “HARDCORZ”.
    It’s going to kill the game dead just like it did with RO2.

• @Strudel:

Last Team Standing is driving a lot of players off. It’s just not an appropriate mode for introducing people to the game, not to mention it brings out the worst in people.

Can you be more precise? To me a Last Team Standing/Battle mode is the be-all & end-all of gamemodes in any game. :|

• Kind of hard to learn the mechanics of a game when you spend half your time staring out of a lifeless skull. To be clear I don’t mind limited respawn objective mode, I’m actually looking forward to that.

Basically they have their place, it’s just shouldn’t be this early into the lifespan of a developing community that’s still struggling to tell which team they’re even on.

• @Strudel:

Kind of hard to learn the mechanics of a game when you spend half your time staring out of a lifeless skull. To be clear I don’t mind limited respawn objective mode, I’m actually looking forward to that.

Basically they have their place, it’s just shouldn’t be this early into the lifespan of a developing community that’s still struggling to tell which team they’re even on.

That’s what bot fights are for, for learning the basic controls and mechanics. Also there’s alot that you can learn from other players, by watching and spectating them. In order to succeed you must fail. 8-)

• As I already said, half the time you’re unable to free roam. You’re simply caught in your lifeless body listening to sword clangs for the remainder of the round. Not much to learn from that beyond how wonderfully textured the floor tiles are.

• I also dislike last team standing the more I play it. AoC would’ve been an okay game if it was just TDM, but the objectives are what made it great, and I think the same’s going to be true for Chivalry.

• I personally love LTS. I’ve enjoyed these game modes for a very long time. It punishes the players that don’t think about what happened, and forces them to do so. (Or fail repeatedly.) I learned the game much faster given some time between deaths to figure why the hell I got killed. Instead of being thrown back into the round to die again without making progress.

TO is still probably the best mode in Chivalry though. The gankfests that happen there are not the best to learn in however I feel.

• @Strudel:

Kind of hard to learn the mechanics of a game when you spend half your time staring out of a lifeless skull. To be clear I don’t mind limited respawn objective mode, I’m actually looking forward to that.

You’ve never heard of Counter-Strike I take it?

• You mean that shining beacon for humanity, filled with mature competitors and a culture of mutual respect?

Nope, never heard of it.

• @Strudel:

You mean that shining beacon for humanity, filled with mature competitors and a culture of mutual respect?

Nope, never heard of it.

+1, so true…
    Seriously, LTS are not necessary right now, I like what this guy said :

@Strudel:

Last Team Standing is driving a lot of players off. It’s just not an appropriate mode for introducing people to the game, not to mention it brings out the worst in people.

I understand there’s a lot of demand for competitive “HC” modes, but they simply have no place in a public setting. I’m seriously dreading the upcoming Hardcore modes that are in development as I just know every server is going to run them, simply because it’s “HARDCORZ”.
    It’s going to kill the game dead just like it did with RO2.

• @Strudel:

You mean that shining beacon for humanity, filled with mature competitors and a culture of mutual respect?

Nope, never heard of it.

Guess you never played Aoc either haha

• AoC was just a bit of good humoured banter. Can’t speak for the US community but things rarely got malicious on the local servers. On the rare occasion it did it was between two bitter rivals with a long history, not a pair of 13 year-old strangers deciding on the best way to befoul each others mothers.

• I have to admit, there seemed to be a lot of Aussie’s asking if there’d be servers near them in the Kickstarter comments, and now that there is the servers just run on empty…. Colour me confused.

Unless “a lot of Aussie’s” was actually “a small amount of vocal Aussie’s”, I don’t know.

• @The:

I have to admit, there seemed to be a lot of Aussie’s asking if there’d be servers near them in the Kickstarter comments, and now that there is the servers just run on empty…. Colour me confused.

Unless “a lot of Aussie’s” was actually “a small amount of vocal Aussie’s”, I don’t know.

Well, being that you’re from the USA, Australian peek hours are when you’re probably asleep. I’m a night owl myself and I see the Aussie servers populated a lot. Not the most populated, but there are people on them.

• True dat.

• America time is the ONLY time. :)