Offline mode?

• I was wondering if i can play the training and bots without an internet connection?

• In theory the Create Game option, but the game crashes so I suspect its trying to connect to steam to authenticate something.

• ^ odd, I have no difficulty playing with bots via Steam’s Offline mode when I don’t have an internet connection.

• @venomblade:

^ odd, I have no difficulty playing with bots via Steam’s Offline mode when I don’t have an internet connection.

hmm i wonder why. it says UDK.exe has stopped working when i try and play without an internet connection. i am guessing that is what the other guy got as well. any idea why?

• It does work in steam offline when i go offline in steam. if you dont go offline from steam and have no connection it wont though. that is strange.

• Ok so it does work

a) Go offline with steam (asks to restart steam in offline mode).
    b) Disable internet connection.
    c) Create game then worked for me.

• @ralph:

It does work in steam offline when i go offline in steam. if you dont go offline from steam and have no connection it wont though. that is strange.

I guess it is authenticating the cd key from steam or something.

• in the console type “Maplist” and a list of available maps will come up.

then type:

open (type map name here)

and hit enter…. you will load up a match with bots. To specify the amount of bots, first create a match though the normal way, then when the map loads do the above and it will keep the player count.

Be aware that most of the maps are not designed very will with offline bot play as many maps will either have the bots have no way points in most spots and just run around in spawn, or they all just head to one specific path and a bit bloody traffic jam occurs with bots smashing the crap out of each other… thus not your typical online experience.

I do hope TB works more on the Offline / SP aspect of the game, as well as the bots.