Duel Wielding

• Don’t you just love charging your enemy with an axe in each hand and relentlessly attacking him into submission? Well I think that might be a little unbalanced for the game but I definately think that duel weilding could be inplemented. Would be nice to be able to attack with both weapons sperately, so you can time your attacks and combos. Wil most likely mean less attacks per weapon, say:
    mouse 1 = left weapon attack
    mouse 2 = right weapon attack
    mouse 3 = double attack

Would also be nice to have a counter attack on this class; block ineffectively with one weapon take some damage,but be able to deliver a fairly fast but low powered counter with the other weapon.

Remember, crazy ass bererkers are a required part of any game.

• Heh, I suggested this once before myself also:

http://www.age-of-chivalry.com/smf/inde … pic=8177.0

• Developer

Dual Wielding is a very interesting concept and it has always been highly controversial how effective these techniques were versus the more common single or two handed weapon fighting styles. I’d love for Chivalry to be able to help people gain a grasp for the advantages and disadvantages of each method of fighting and would thoroughly enjoy making a complete and robust system for this that allows players unique control over both of their weapons simultaneously. However, this would require an immense amount of work, planning, testing and tweaking for an end result on only a few weapons that we cannot justify for the initial release. Though all things are possible with a little DLC.

• @Tibberius:

Dual Wielding is a very interesting concept and it has always been highly controversial how effective these techniques were versus the more common single or two handed weapon fighting styles. I’d love for Chivalry to be able to help people gain a grasp for the advantages and disadvantages of each method of fighting and would thoroughly enjoy making a complete and robust system for this that allows players unique control over both of their weapons simultaneously. However, this would require an immense amount of work, planning, testing and tweaking for an end result on only a few weapons that we cannot justify for the initial release. Though all things are possible with a little DLC.

i agree itd be nice to have the choice of going dual wielding cuz ive ALWAYS wanted to be able to go to that but i hated using the daggers cuz no damage out put was low and everytime you get hit it still hurts pretty bad. another thing also is that itd be nice that you work on DW as long as possible and eventually release it on the DLC front even if it is like a year after the game it would be BADASS. looking foward from yalls work and i hope for the best for yall :D

• sword+dagger, spanish style, just like goddamn Aragorn

• @Wingy:

sword+dagger, spanish style, just like goddamn Aragorn

Hahaha that’s great.

• Dual wielding is an interesting concept, and it’s viable in real life in a duel situation. I’m just not sure if it be that great to balance, chances are it’ll end up like a shield and sword character just instead of blocking with a shield it’ll be with a sword. If you give them the ability to fast counter it have to be so watered down it practically be useless, or else it be utterly miserable to fight against them. If the game requires you to block attacks depending on the angle, i.e block upwards to defend from an overhead attack, I could imagine duel wielding would be a really interesting class to include but otherwise I’m not too fussed.

I’d still like the ability for all classes to be able to throw whatever weapon their using in to the enemies face. I can just imagine a bloke with double axes throwing them straight at the enemy in close combat, it leave you vulnerable but it look pretty cool.