Duel mode, is it in on release?

• Will duel mode be in the game on release?

• Developer

No, it is planned for post release update, free of course.

• A shame, it will most likely become the only mode I play.

• dueling is very epic

• @Vox:

dueling is very epic

Yes but too often it takes away the interest from the other game mode that constitute a big part of the game.

Just like in warband when some morons would spend all their time dueling, taking away the main purpose of the game : cooperation, teamwork in a massive battle between two faction.

• Dueling would probably be the only gamemode I won’t play…

For the fun comes from teamwork, objectives, fails of the day, epic wins, total chaos, one-class-rushes, random encounters… not comparing your skill to another person in an arranged fight over and over again. There’s no element of surprise in such a gamemode, that’s why it’s not really appealing to me.

• @akarnir:

@Vox:

dueling is very epic

Yes but too often it takes away the interest from the other game mode that constitute a big part of the game.

Just like in warband when some morons would spend all their time dueling, taking away the main purpose of the game : cooperation, teamwork in a massive battle between two faction.

You just do whatever you enjoy doing. People who spend their time dueling do not somehow interfere with your enjoyment of the game. This really shouldn’t bother you. They’re on different servers than you are and they are playing what is essentially a different game. That’s the point of different game modes. There is not one game mode you are supposed to play.

I’ll probably duel quite a lot. It was my favourite game mode in Warband. I don’t exclusively duel, but I like the pleasant, laid-back and civil atmosphere on duel servers and the extremely challenging uninterrupted combat against skilled players. Especially at this moment, I duel when I can. Because I haven’t mastered my weapons yet and I feel I learn the fastest in single combat.

• Exactly.

I like large scale combat….versus NPC’s…

But large scale combat with players? Sorry, it sucks.

I really hate it, fighting a guy, watching my sides, then getting a random death from some guy who suicide runs me.

While in duel, I can take my time and enjoy a fight, not worry about being back-stabbed.

• I have to say, being snuck up on in Chivalry almost never happens to me unless I’m playing my music loud. Footsteps are very noticeable - and when you’re making a big push to complete an objective with your teammates, generally the enemy will all be in front of you trying desperately to hold you at bay anyway, not wasting their time taking the long way around to flank you.

• @SlyGoat:

I have to say, being snuck up on in Chivalry almost never happens to me unless I’m playing my music loud. Footsteps are very noticeable - and when you’re making a big push to complete an objective with your teammates, generally the enemy will all be in front of you trying desperately to hold you at bay anyway, not wasting their time taking the long way around to flank you.

Do you have surround sound? I don’t, and I get backstabbed very often. But perhaps I’m just not attentive enough.

• Just some cheap headphones.

• Can’t blame it on that then :P. I can hear enemies approaching when I’m alone, but when I’m in combat I almost never hear them coming.

• I really hope that we can get the duel mode ASAP so that the people who want to do just duels can do just them. On some nights a perfectly good LTS server is ruined by the duel-elitists who oppress the other players to bend over to their demands of 1vs1 duels or giving the last guy a chance to duel. If a player who’s not interested in this attacks the dueling participants that person is then attacked/killed/harassed/getting blocked by teammates/being started a kickpoll or being killed by the enemy straightaway while teammates don’t do anything = Essentially hijacking the server and making those people quit it, who don’t want to do duels. :?

Not only do duels ruin the LTS mode, each round also takes a lot more time due to this which also makes people leave the server. I can somewhat understand the duel mentality when there’s 2-4 people on the server but when it’s 6 or more in my opinion dueling is out of the question.

• @sadnhappy:

If a player who’s not interested in this attacks the dueling participants that person is then attacked/killed/harassed/getting blocked by teammates/being started a kickpoll or being killed by the enemy straightaway while teammates don’t do anything = Essentially hijacking the server and making those people quit it, who don’t want to do duels.

I didn’t see anyone doing that on the server when I was there. I just observed you being killed first in the round and yelling at your team for not helping you. :?

• @SlyGoat:

@sadnhappy:

If a player who’s not interested in this attacks the dueling participants that person is then attacked/killed/harassed/getting blocked by teammates/being started a kickpoll or being killed by the enemy straightaway while teammates don’t do anything = Essentially hijacking the server and making those people quit it, who don’t want to do duels.

I didn’t see anyone doing that on the server when I was there. I just observed you being killed first in the round and yelling at your team for not helping you. :?

It happened several times in the earlier map (most often in that small green forest map with wooden walls in the middle but also in others) and has also happened several times within a week or so. :| The less players there are in a server, the worse.

• Many grudges will be resolved thanks to this mode :P

• @akarnir:

@Vox:

dueling is very epic

‘Morons’. I spent the majority of my warband career dueling and I am in fact, not a moron. Some of us who came from Jedi Academy missed the community and interaction dueling provided. I did spend time in battle modes, I knew of no one who solely dueled, though I felt it a great way to hone ‘skills’ and make friends.

There were many times I’d be doing a game mode other than duel where I met someone who I had dueled with, it was great, really broke down the anonymity and made competition a tad more wholehearted.

A bit ignorant to assume someone is a moron because they play a video game differently, eh? A bit ignorant, indeed, especially when you realize it IS just a game. Calm down guys.

• Jedi Academy…I still play it at least once every year. I love how much skill it involves.

You might be interested in Blade Symphony, I played the beta, was rather fun, though abit less skill based because of how many “attack moves” it had, where you get locked into an animation, but fun never the less.