For the ones loving Chivalry

• If you people wish for Chivalry to stay alive, then you should have to take pride in having a community.
    ‘Some’ of you may want to change your attitude, and not act like an absolute retard, in order to retain this community.
    Else, people will be leaving.
    Some have already left, and many more will continue to leave if this goes on.
    Is that what you want?

After my gaming experience this night, i seriously consider to do leave.
    There was no way to reason. there was no way to connect.
    There was nothing but the feeling of being surrounded by absolute goons
    with which i did not want to play with.

• And what was your experiance last night knight grunt guy.

• So, with what I can establish from your text is that you joined a server and had a bad time because of the people in said server?

What’s the issue here? There’s idiots in every online game. If you’re having a bad time, change servers, take a break, ignore them.

Last night in Classic duels, there’s these two idiots that joined here and there both as Archers and start shooting people in the back, they don’t last long as everyone just ignores them and votekicks, problem solved. If no one votekicks them, just start hunting them down, if you don’t feel like hunting them down go back to option #1 Change servers.

If you can’t handle people not acting chivalrous online, then you should sell your computer and cancel your internet connection.

• Disabling in-game chat is the first thing anyone with a brain should do.

• @Jerome:

If you people wish for Chivalry to stay alive, then you should have to take pride in having a community.
    ‘Some’ of you may want to change your attitude, and not act like an absolute retard, in order to retain this community.
    Else, people will be leaving.
    Some have already left, and many more will continue to leave if this goes on.
    Is that what you want?

After my gaming experience this night, i seriously consider to do leave.
    There was no way to reason. there was no way to connect.
    There was nothing but the feeling of being surrounded by absolute goons
    with which i did not want to play with.

This is internet gaming in a nutshell.

• @funthomass:

Disabling in-game chat is the first thing anyone with a brain should do.

If you can’t deal with it. I can deal with it. Its called ignoring.

• A lot of these high-tier clan members care little and less about the community. I’ve often witnessed them cominhg into a server, stacking themselves against a random gaggle of newbies, and proceed to utterly dominate the match with every sneaky lookdown overhead/longdodge/ghostswing.

It’s not fun for new players to get killed by things they don’t even understand because it’s not within the natural limits of the game’s typical rules.

One clan even claimed it wasn’t scaring noobs off, it was just “condensing” the community"

• @funthomass:

Disabling in-game chat is the first thing anyone with a brain should do.

You can still communicate via console.

I disable chat because i play at 800x600 and it takes up most of my screen ,lol

• Well, you don’t really need to be part of the community if all you want is to play the game… I don’t see connection between bad community and people leaving the game. Why don’t you assume they are leaving because of bugs, exploits, etc.? I play without chat enabled because I agree people who are playing are more often than not a bunch of terrible people (not all of them, but the ones I mean are the most visible and vocal ones). I’d wish better community, but how to make one?

• I don’t see why people would leave becuase of the community. The community can be wholly ignored.

• We need to stop relying on official servers as the go to servers to play on. I think this problem will be fixed once custom content starts coming out. People will gravitate towards private servers with a good rotation of custom content and good moderators. This is why I hope modtools and a map maker will be released soon.

• Im a pretty big dick sometimes. I like having a nemesis on the server with which to focus on. And no, Im not talking about some random noob, Im talking about the highest ranking, most skilled player I can find. I feel the game is more enjoyable that way.

Clans are also a hilarious target for me sometimes as they typically have it coming (by stacking, doing gimicky shit etc…) Believe it or not a lot of the hostility is in the good spirit of outright aggression and I feel it just adds a slightly higher level of emotional content which I get a rush out of. Its not even meant to be personal, how can it be? I dont know any of you people personally.

I dunno I have issues, rage issues, but thats why I play this game in the first place.

• @CrimsonBinome:

Im a pretty big dick sometimes. I like having a nemesis on the server with which to focus on. And no, Im not talking about some random noob, Im talking about the highest ranking, most skilled player I can find. I feel the game is more enjoyable that way.

Clans are also a hilarious target for me sometimes as they typically have it coming (by stacking, doing gimicky shit etc…) Believe it or not a lot of the hostility is in the good spirit of outright aggression and I feel it just adds a slightly higher level of emotional content which I get a rush out of. Its not even meant to be personal, how can it be? I dont know any of you people personally.

I dunno I have issues, rage issues, but thats why I play this game in the first place.

I think every pub needs a guy like you

• @CrimsonBinome:

ignores everything you said for the sole fact that you have Captain Gavin Capacitor as your picture

I can understand where you have someone that you want to do well against in a server. It just gives you that extra boost of competitiveness.

As for the community. The community is pretty good. There are the few that like to prey upon the new players but that does nothing good for anyone. As for the new players, you can’t base your whole opinion off a community on a few bad apples.

Old players need to usher in the new players and actually make them feel welcomed.
    New players need to give the community a chance and deal with the unfortunate encounters of bad players.

• Drinking and playing this game is awesome (dont drink kids its bad for the brain damage). That competitive edge really is what its all about. I mean, youre lopping peoples heads off in close quarter combat! Awesome.

I hear what you guys are saying about noobs getting owned though. I try taking it a bit easy on them sometimes. In a way singling out the guy with the best k/d ratio, for personal fun and glory, is actually a natural balancing act because noobs have a natural advocate on their side most of the time.

I know VQ was frothing at the mouth over the idea of noob busting the whole weekend. Dont get me wrong though, I joined in from time to time and it was hilarious, but yeah noobs need love too.

• That’s pretty crappy, Jerome. There are some pretty great people in this community and are a blast to play with, and then there are also some less kinder people out there. This is unfortunately usually the case with online multiplayer games. People know they are anonymous and so they can be as nasty as they want and there’s no one to stop them. If there are some bad people harassing you and the other players it’s best to just jump ship to another server and hope for the best. lately it’s been pretty good so far for me. Although I’ve been playing in the same server a lot, which usually houses a great bunch of peeps from the IN (Interstellar) clan and some other awesome players. They are great to play with, and overall the atmosphere in the server is awesome. Add me on steam (Pilgore) or hop on over to the “Gentleman’s Treehouse LTS only” server. ;)

Cheers.

• The word different is the reason for our behavior.

If that is your conclusion of the behaviour, then there is alot that you have to learn about human nature.

It’s meaningless to try and worry about things that cannot be changed. Especially stuff that has become a part of human nature since our evolution.

Indeed, as i was saying.
    Let me give a quick correction to that.
    That behaviour is not part of our nature at all. It is all conditioning that has been taken on by the ego.
    Wow that was simple…
    Not sure if you knew, but you’re talking to a very driven psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, and life-coach.
    Teaching me about human nature? then make sure you got it correct.

I don’t fear death but I fear for the future and, most of all, the generations to come after me.

Then guess there is still some contemplation left to do for you.
    What are you going to do for the future of humanity? What could be done?
    Not sure if you’re aware of it, but i see a little contradiction here.
    But then again, lack of insight or knowledge can do that to people.

I am not concerned about what they say, dont worry about that. People can say what they want.
    If you’re so observant as you previously tried to proof of yourself,
    you should know that theres little problem if it comes to detachment, here.
    I am however, concerned about whether there is respect, a sense of humanity.
    Speaking of concern for the future of humanity.
    Respect, a sense of humanity, to begin with; is a very important thing that HAS to be cultivated.
    To begin with, as it is not clear at all where to begin in the first place by some in this dieing community.
    Tell me, how am i supposed to play a strategic game, as a thug, on a team full of … ?
    In perspective of quality gaming that is… to some of you it may not matter, as there is nothing else in life.
    So whether they’re experiencing quality gaming, it does not matter for them anyway.
    But what about those that do matter?
    To how many do we want to limit our gaming experience?

See, this is not really about me, Crimson.
    This is about, you. also.
    If you think that im a little child that is butthurt by what has happened, and that that is the issue,
    then you have little consciousness of what is going on here.

• You don’t have much respect on this forum. With your constant barraging of wanting the knight grunt.

But this is a video game. There will always be people who disrespect others. People act differently on the Internet.

You don’t just get respected. You have to earn it. Be a nice guy and don’t get bigger down with in game arguments.

And you need to realise this is a video game. Not life.