Possible fix / option for LTS

• Currently in competitive play (at least in the NA metagame), LTS on certain maps, other than Arena and Argon’s wall, is disgustingly stale, where teams would turtle with an archer on both sides of the map at max distance; effectively drawing a stalemate if neither team feels like commiting to an attack.

What if servers had an option for LTS to make it a different LTS mode instead. Or completely change LTS into this version all together.

Here it is:

Instead of an LTS game going until a team reaches first to 7 points, make an LTS game last ~15 minutes, with a secondary timer of 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Each round has a limit of 2:30, or until the master timer of 15:00 is over.

Keeping the “shot clock” per round would continue the flow of gameplay that currently exists, where a team with less amount of currently living players would have to be the “attackers”

With the new Master Timer of 15:00, rounds would continue to happen. This would give more incentive for a team to “attack” from the beginning instead of turtle when that team is currently behind in the scoreboard, at least for maps that aren’t Arena and Argon.

• Alternative plan: delete archers. Strike with lightning everyone who ever played as one.

• Well North Americans are rather boring when it comes to LTS then. Turtling with archers? You’ll be lucky if you had 3 archers aside on moor here on a 24 size server. Excluding javelineers of course. They don’t really count.

With 5v5 theres almost no archers. I remember one group that went with four archers for about 5 rounds. They wonthe first one we won the next 7 even after they switched. Smoke is marvellous. As are shields.

• @lemonater47:

Well North Americans are rather boring when it comes to LTS then. Turtling with archers? You’ll be lucky if you had 3 archers aside on moor here on a 24 size server. Excluding javelineers of course. They don’t really count.

With 5v5 theres almost no archers. I remember one group that went with four archers for about 5 rounds. They wonthe first one we won the next 7 even after they switched. Smoke is marvellous. As are shields.

We have a 50% rule, so maximum 2 archers. The thing though, is that this strategy is effective even with 1 archer (because 5 melee rush counters 2 archers).

Yes, smoke is wonderful, but also limited on maps like moor (you HAVE to have 2 vanguards to utilize it effectively).

Regardless on who does what in what region, the turtle strategy CAN become a problem in EU. I’m not sure how good EU archers are, but I can say for certain that it’s a problem here, due to how well some of the top archers do here in NA, even with shields.

This, of course, is a possible solution for big maps like moor.

Personally, I would still rather have maps like Arena and Argons coming from the SDK; aka better designed LTS maps for competitive play.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Regardless on who does what in what region, the turtle strategy CAN become a problem in EU. I’m not sure how good EU archers are, but I can say for certain that it’s a problem here, due to how well some of the top archers do here in NA, even with shields.

It’s a problem, trust me. One of the main reasons you don’t find anyone playing LTS competitively in EU. It’s only really ever played when you don’t have 5 for a TO and you don’t use archers. Otherwise it’s a complete waste of time.

• @NabsterHax:

It’s a problem, trust me. One of the main reasons you don’t find anyone playing LTS competitively in EU. It’s only really ever played when you don’t have 5 for a TO and you don’t use archers. Otherwise it’s a complete waste of time.

I’ve pretty much declined any offer to play in a scrim that’s LTS nowadays. Every now and then I’ll play an LTS, but very rarely. Otherwise I’d rather 5v5 or 6v6 TO. It’s much more engaging.

Like I said, maps like Arena are fine.

• I dont know about competetive clan play, but in causal play LTS is perfectly fine for me.

Please no ‘you must behave this way’ implementations on this wonderful gamemode.

• @Towe:

I dont know about competetive clan play, but in causal play LTS is perfectly fine for me.

Please no ‘you must behave this way’ implementations on this wonderful gamemode.

The idea I have suggested would not really affect pub play at all.

• Might be, I didnt really understand your suggestion, care to explain?