How do people do the stab/block combo?

• As the title says, in duel mode I often play vanguards who block my slash or whatever and then quickly stab me before I can block. How do they do this? Is it just blocking and then very quickly pressing stab? Because when I tried to do it, it was nowhere near as fast.

• @PandaChef:

As the title says, in duel mode I often play vanguards who block my slash or whatever and then quickly stab me before I can block. How do they do this? Is it just blocking and then very quickly pressing stab? Because when I tried to do it, it was nowhere near as fast.

You basically press the next attack, i.e. stab as you are parrying an attack. Essentially like any normal combo and it will initiate it very quickly after the parry.

I tend to do this and jump and look down at the same time, essentially stabbing it through the players head and it works great as even if they block sometimes you can bypass it with the jump… combo that in to an overhead drag and oh my, it can get combolicious.

• @PandaChef:

As the title says, in duel mode I often play vanguards who block my slash or whatever and then quickly stab me before I can block. How do they do this? Is it just blocking and then very quickly pressing stab? Because when I tried to do it, it was nowhere near as fast.

Just like you can combo off at least 2 successive swings, you can also combo off of a parry.

Parry to and swing counts as a combo as long as you time it correctly with a successful parry; and I think the wind-ups are slightly shorter during a riposte as well.

• This is called a riposte. When you parry, do any attack directly after you’ve parried to riposte the attack. You should practice this with a friend or on a low ranked server, perhaps even a server with bots.

• @PandaChef:

Everyone stated what was happening already but a few other things. You cannot feint with a riposte. There is no riposte faster than your ability to parry back. Essentially, if you see the stab animation start right away after they parry, you should parry back.

• Its a parry combo. Very useful. It is possible to parry back. But you as the defender aren’t use to having an attack come back at you that fast.

Just scroll up as you parry an attack. With the claymore or sword of war its really fast. When two people do it too each other over and over its almost 2 hits a second.

• I think sometimes it can seem to come faster than you can parry, this is probably because they are close enough to you to be facehugging and the attack happens almost instantly or it’s a bit laggy and you don’t see the animation until it’s too late.