Damage on objectives

• Specifically the wooden walls. The ones that protect the royal family hiding in the caves and the massive wooden doors protecting the king’s palace. Are those dependent on the number of strikes or the amount of damage the weapon does?

• Damage. You can easy test with destroying ballista.

It sucks arrow hits don’t seem to do any damage.

• @Slacka:

Specifically the wooden walls. The ones that protect the royal family hiding in the caves and the massive wooden doors protecting the king’s palace. Are those dependent on the number of strikes or the amount of damage the weapon does?

It uses the base damage of the weapon.

• It is per strike on the objectives. 10 Strikes to down the dark forest family barricade if I remember correctly.

Ballista and Catapults are damage based.

• @Andrew:

It is per strike on the objectives. 10 Strikes to down the dark forest family barricade if I remember correctly.

10 fists on door to kings family. hmm I need to test that.

• Hmm it may be interesting to experiment with a damage based one.

Such as it could be fun and tactical to break out the mauls when getting to that last part, and so on. In AoC I used to love switching weapons based on what the objective required or what was useful. Such as on the beachhead map, using Javelins to pick off the guys shooting down from the cave, whipping out the firepots for the barricades, then running in with a halberd or longsword, then bezerkering out with a different weapon.

Also loved the secondary objectives too, bring back moar of those! Was always nice getting that extra edge, even if it was just opening an alternate path or destroying some of their defences.

• A couple of the guys tested the hillside barricade a few months ago http://knighthood.enjin.com/forum/m/893 … ens-family

• @Reginhard:

A couple of the guys tested the hillside barricade a few months ago http://knighthood.enjin.com/forum/m/893 … ens-family

Yeah I am pretty sure hits from a maul outdo hits from fists. Thought Martin confirmed this too.

• Pretty sure the barricades have 1250 health or thereabouts. I mean, I could be wrong, but I know for a fact it’s definitely not 10 hits, I’ve watch enough Darkforest games (RK’s favourite map) to know that isn’t true. The catapults also damage the barricades. Plus, if it WAS hit based, you’ve now basically told us the best weapons to use to attack barricades are the fastest weapons in the game (fists, daggers etc), which is a major issue since we’ve always been under the assumption higher damaging weapon = more damage to the barricade.

• @Martin:

Pretty sure the barricades have 1250 health or thereabouts. I mean, I could be wrong, but I know for a fact it’s definitely not 10 hits, I’ve watch enough Darkforest games (RK’s favourite map) to know that isn’t true. The catapults also damage the barricades. Plus, if it WAS hit based, you’ve now basically told us the best weapons to use to attack barricades are the fastest weapons in the game (fists, daggers etc), which is a major issue.

Side note, the locks on the citadel are hit based, I used 7 fists to complete them. But with doors I can tell maul is better than fists.

• Well thanks for that since I now know for the future to tell people to use faster weapons, but for now, we don’t play Citadel competitively :P

• @Andrew:

It is per strike on the objectives. 10 Strikes to down the dark forest family barricade if I remember correctly.

Hmmm, I’d assume he would know…

• @Dr:

@Andrew:

Hmmm, I’d assume he would know…

I just double checked in the map file. Everytime it takes a hit, it feeds into a switch. When It reaches 10 hits, it breaks.

On the Fourth and Eight hit, it changes damage states. To give an idea of how close it is to coming down.

• @Andrew:

I just double checked in the map file. Everytime it takes a hit, it feeds into a switch. When It reaches 10 hits, it breaks.

On the Fourth and Eight hit, it changes damage states. To give an idea of how close it is to coming down.

Well I just joined a dark forest game to break down the doors to the royal family and I stabbed the door 20 times with a dagger and a vanguard hit it a couple of times before it was broken through.

• @gregcau:

@Andrew:

Well I just joined a dark forest game to break down the doors to the royal family and I stabbed the door 20 times with a dagger and a vanguard hit it a couple of times before it was broken through.

yeah i just tested it too. It is damage based(so use weapons and attacks with most dmg). What Andrew said is just right for the maul. Arrows and throwables dont work.

• That is strange. It is setup to be hit based (like Citadel). Will investigate further some time.

• While you’re investigating, switch it to be HP based, otherwise there’s no reason to ever use slow weapons on them when you can just use fast weapons and get the same job done 50% faster.

• All these objectives should be HP, if not why would I not use fists to open them always?

• All doors are HP based currently, the bigger the weapon the faster it breaks. Locks are hit based, so I usually just use my shortsword.

Even if the doors were meant to be hit based, please leave them HP based.

• We will even give you the health numbers after running a few tests to keep things exactly as they are now (time wise/hit wise) so it will not even feel like anything has changed, just take away this notion that we are disadvantaged unless using the fastest weapons only ;)