Global bans & Speedhackers

• 50% of the time when I play on 32p public servers (both official and unofficial) there is at least 1 speedhacker running around with the same annoying old ass ‘3 hits in time of 2 animations’ speedhack… Not to mention that most of the time it is one of the few annoying cheating twats like this one: http://steamcommunity.com/id/i-am-will/ I have personally reported him at the very least 6 times to: 3 times Kimiko, 2 times remix and 1 some other moderator (all of the times he has been successfully banned (temporarily))…

The best part is that it is getting increasingly difficult to get a moderator to come and ban them (can’t blame them really, even if they would come and do their volunteer job, these pricks would just go ahead and switch to another server and do it all over again)… It just makes me wonder is there anything will be done about cheating or is everyone allowed just to run around and help the community shrink faster than it already is?

• 50% gtfo.

I play on official and non-official servers all the time.

And the only time I saw an influx of hackers was when the global ban server was down.

Even then it was not that bad.

With it back up, barely see them.

So lets not exaggerate.

Trust me if it was more prevalent I would be the first to complain.

• Isnt there an Ask TBS section where these questions can be asked to them? your type of topics appear every day with the same results. Endless discussion leading no where.

• @gregcau:

50% gtfo.

And the only time I saw an influx of hackers was when the global ban server was down.

So lets not exaggerate.

Too bad that steam does not have extensive chat logs, I’d be more than happy to copy and paste my spams to mods asking them if they’re ‘afk? I got a speedhacker over here’ or 'I hope you’re not too busy…". Also just to make it 100% clear for you: you may have better luck as when it comes to playing with speedhackers, while I encounter them so often that mods like remix straight up reject my friends invitations because most likely they are getting irritated by me constantly encountering them.

• @K7:

@gregcau:

50% gtfo.

So lets not exaggerate.

Too bad that steam does not have extensive chat logs, I’d be more than happy to copy and paste my spams to mods asking them if they’re ‘afk? I got a speedhacker over here’ or 'I hope you’re not too busy…". Also just to make it 100% clear for you: you may have better luck as when it comes to playing with speedhackers, while I encounter them so often that mods like remix straight up reject my friends invitations because most likely they are getting irritated by me constantly encountering them.

maybe they are just working on something that will ban them all at once? ever heard of delayed bans.
    Collecting intell then do a massive ban wave? who says you’re not being heard?

• @K7:

Oh I totally believe you when it comes to moderator availability. It is pretty much lucky if one is on when you need them.

But the number of “real” speedhackers is pretty small.

• @gregcau:

Oh I totally believe you when it comes to moderator availability. It is pretty much lucky if one is on when you need them.

Yes, the number is pretty small but the annoying part is that it is the same cheaters playing more than frequently, on the same accounts just changing their nicknames, and the percentage of ‘my encounters’ could be due to a simple fact that I only tend to play at 1-2 official TO or LTS servers 90% of the time.

• @K7:

@gregcau:

Yes, the number is pretty small but the annoying part is that it is the same cheaters playing more than frequently, on the same accounts just changing their nicknames, and the percentage of ‘my encounters’ could be due to a simple fact that I only tend to play at 1-2 official TO or LTS servers 90% of the time.

90% is not right based upon my own experience, you are mistaken.

But if you suspect someone take a video and capture their steam id and the mods will investigate.

• K7, You are on my friends list. As of late I have been quite busy, but if you see me on hit me up. Last I checked the global ban list was working, but I will check about something to make sure its all good.

• @ChuckingIt:

K7, You are on my friends list. As of late I have been quite busy, but if you see me on hit me up. Last I checked the global ban list was working, but I will check about something to make sure its all good.

Yeah I know that… :) Unfortunately for me I don’t get the opportunity to waste your time often because of that. :P Also I’ll update the first post because I was unaware of the fact that it was fixed… :?

• I’m usually on in the evenings and will happily respond to a hacker report.

• Oh that dude, played against him yesterday and I don’t believe he’s speedhacking as I myself killed him a couple of times, archer melee style. He does however run around with the Dane Axe chopping off your toes, the overhead’s quite fast and the hit detection is weird on that weapon, so it might seem like he’s faster than most people that way even though he’s not.

• In the entire time I’ve played Chivalry, which is an embarrassing amount of time, I’ve encountered exactly 1 speed hacker, it was kinda fun trying to beat him. Managed it a few times, however it got old quick and we initiated a votekick and he was gone 20 seconds or so later. Never seen it since.

People get confused over players that have mastered the mechanics and have perfectly timed riposte. These can been seen as ‘speedhacks’ by the lower skilled players. Also the use of alt attacks can appear faster then normal to the uninitiated.

And for the very new, combo’s can seem like speed hacks as they can get 3 swings in, when the accuser can only get 1 swing in.

Seriously the use of hacks in this game is far, far, far lower than what whingers on this forum suggest.