Reward for higher ranking?

• Other than an indication to how much time I’ve had on this game… I’ve recently delved into a game called Red Orchestra 2. The thing is a new player has more difficulty playing against senior players not due to 100% skill but, his experience with the weapon is higher. He tends to survive longer, and the player also gets a distinguished skin…

So in my opinion could chivalry have slight bonuses for more veteran players? Not to the point that the veteran is indestructible, but to have a small edge. Such as more resistance to blunt damage, maybe 1 or 2 percent more… or more health regen… What’s everyones opinion on this idea?

• Really can’t see the need to give more experienced players an edge.

• @Reginhard:

Really can’t see the need to give more experienced players an edge.

ok, just my experience… any rank 10 xbowman can shoot down anyone at spawn on LTS. This encourages poor flow of game, choke points since the heavy xbow 1 hits everything. Or the softer classes gaining more resistances? Not just giving veteran players, but also rewarding learning players with a rewards system. My other idea, of just a veteran skin doesn’t give anyone an edge… just makes it a distinguishable player.

• @Gubar90:

ok, just my experience… any rank 10 xbowman can shoot down anyone at spawn on LTS. This encourages poor flow of game, choke points

Wat?

Stop going afk

since the heavy xbow 1 hits everything.

Wat?

• Red orchestra 2 is a shooter. Its far easier to learn. And easier to get kills. Experienced RO2 players just get more team points. Not necessarily more kills.

In chivalry its a whole different matter. Experienced players can completely obliterate other players already.

• I was only using red orchestra’s reward system as reference to something that could be implemented into chivalry. Maybe my idea that was in my head, doesn’t actually come off well into written context.

• Please none of this lvling up bullshit!

Veterans already own noobs in this game, why make it worse?
    I was so glad when I finally found a medievil game where you didnt have to grind your way up to viability. All weapons balanced and no statincrease makes me like this game.

• @lemonater47:

Red orchestra 2 is a shooter. Its far easier to learn. And easier to get kills. Experienced RO2 players just get more team points. Not necessarily more kills.

Red Orchestra 2 must be the hardest game ever for me to get kills in! Seriously, I’m happy if I’ve killed like three guys at the end of an entire match (which consists of two rounds). It has the steepest learning curve I’ve ever seen in a shooter. Maybe that’s because most RO2 players prefer playing on realism servers so that everyone dies from like one bullet. All experienced players in that game are real freaking sharpshooters. You peek around a corner for two seconds, and your brain will be on the ground.

Anyways, back to Chivalry. The only type of rewards I’d like in the game, earnable through excellence, is customization options for your character. Like unique helmets and armour add-ons that don’t give you more health or anything.

• In all honesty I would like to be able to change more then just my helmet. I like gold gilding on armors…