[MECH] Beneficial Toggling of 3rd Person

• Good day my lords, I’m Yarnu the Dog and after playing for quiet some time on Chivalry I have come to realise that having a great sense of awareness helps with your gameplay, movement and combat!

In this video I believe I raise some decent points, which hopefully gets you considering the manipulation of such a mechanic.

• I wish there was no 3rd person option, shields and guesses where your foe looks at would be enough for me to remove it…

• Hello Yarnu, I’m Fallen Tuatha’an. I feel I’ve matched your survivability levels now.

I absolutely agree about awareness of your surroundings, I do however disagree on using 3rd person switching to achieve it.

My argument is that Chivalry uses sounds in a very meaningful way. Also auditory reflexes are faster than visual, so you are better off training your ears to perceive your surroundings then using 3rd person switching. It also covers the issue of playing on non-3rd person servers.

You can tell when someone off screen is in range by the volume of their footsteps and grunting of their attacks. I know you understand this, at least subconsciously otherwise you wouldn’t have impressively low death counts.

That is my two cents.

• i like to maul in 3p… it’s just… the way the maul was meant to be played lol

• Obviously theres some way to keybind the 3rdperson/firstperson keys to 1 button each, which I have no clue how to. It’s to troublesome to hit P 3 times to get back to first person :l
    But I bet it’d be effective (:

• L is a better one to just toggle… P gives you 2 different views (possibly 3 but i think 2) and then you go to normal so it would be 3 times but the 3rd is normal view.

The P key goes to 3rd person behind, then p again for 3rd person over the shoulder then p again brings you back to normal.

L goes to the behind view with one press, then normal 2nd.

• @clayton-bigsby:

L is a better one to just toggle… P gives you 2 different views (possibly 3 but i think 2) and then you go to normal so it would be 3 times but the 3rd is normal view.

The P key goes to 3rd person behind, then p again for 3rd person over the shoulder then p again brings you back to normal.

L goes to the behind view with one press, then normal 2nd.

<3

• Yarnu you do know that most Australian servers are games.on.net and all but one of their TO servers has 3rd person disabled. And they have almost 30 servers.

When you said no one fights like you I actually do. Except I don’t use alt attacks as much and I don’t kite. But looking at your video it looks exactly how I play. Even down to a weapon in very likely to use.

When you play someone that fights like you you will hate it.

And when you changed voice all you did was change from one retarded voice to another. ;)

• @lemonater47:

And when you changed voice all you did was change from one retarded voice to another. ;)

Australian accent is cool. Plus they have the hottest girls.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

Australian accent is cool. Plus they have the hottest girls.

I’m a New Zealander. And it is my duty to insult an Australian at any opportunity.