Refund?

• I was wondering how I would go about getting a refund. I tried the game out, and didn’t like it very much. I literally bought it within the past few hours, so I’m hoping you chaps will be decent and give me a refund. Please respond!

• Is not a demo…

• he never said it was. he’s asking for a refund.

• ^

Not saying this is a bad game, just not my cup of tea.

• that’s unfortunate, hopefully tibbs can come through for you :)

• i bought mw3, and it s wordt shit ever …. do you think activision woulf refund me ?
    i don’t ^^

• @PapaGreg:

i bought mw3, and it s wordt shit ever …. do you think activision woulf refund me ?
    i don’t ^^

It’s for that say “is not a demo”…
    Demo is for try, when you pay the game, it’s for ever…

• You say that, and yet I even got a refund for GW2 (Didn’t like the beta, but ended up buying it again later on), which is made by a studio noticeably larger than Torn Banner.

But besides the point. Let Torn Banner talk for themselves. They’ll either give me one, or they won’t. Don’t give your opinion in place of theirs.

• It’s a tricky situation, because whilst you bought it from Torn Banner, it’s tied to Steam and thus I would presume TB will have to go through them (or you’ll have to go through them) in order for it to be removed from your account, which is a little fiddly but not impossible. Though Steam/Valve always take ages.

Steam’s policy is not to give refunds when a game becomes live. However the game is still in beta (combined with the fact you didn’t actually buy it on Steam), so your chances have definitely increased. Still, let’s see what TB say.

• The fact is, all people there BOUGHT the beta, they PAID to get early access !

So we could ALL OF US ask for a refund, and then just buy CMW when it comes out on steam.
    lawl, this is bad sense.
    I will never ask for a refund to a friendly developer-team leading a kickstarter project.
    But i guess it’s your right to ask.

• @The:

It’s a tricky situation, because whilst you bought it from Torn Banner, it’s tied to Steam and thus I would presume TB will have to go through them (or you’ll have to go through them) in order for it to be removed from your account, which is a little fiddly but not impossible. Though Steam/Valve always take ages.

Steam’s policy is not to give refunds when a game becomes live. However the game is still in beta (combined with the fact you didn’t actually buy it on Steam), so your chances have definitely increased. Still, let’s see what TB say.

Steam’s policy only applies to preorders made through Steam, however. TB may not be able to give refunds even if they want to due to Steam’s no refunds policy.

• Developer

I would have no problem refunding you, let me look into the implications Steam side, as Slygoat says, it may be difficult to get your key shut off. Please send an email to tornbannerstudios AT gmail.com with your key.

It is a massive headache to do refunds and it wont be possible post release, but we will try to accommodate you.

• Email sent. Thank you very much for accommodating me.

• The easiest way will be to sell your beta key to someone interested, there is plenty. I might be myself interested if you can wait until October :D

• You can’t sell a key that has already been activated.

• Hopefully the Steam side of things shouldn’t be difficult. During the summer sale, I bought NFS: Hot Pursuit for the purpose of replaying it with a racing wheel. Turns out the wheel support is terrible. I sent Steam Support an email saying just that, and got a refund within the day.

• @PapaGreg:

i bought mw3, and it s wordt shit ever …. do you think activision woulf refund me ?
    i don’t ^^

Holy words bro holy words…. CoD it’s the crappiest game ever, they just focus on its name and no quality anymore, and an old game with a 5 yrs old engine definitely a crap, but yeah on steam refunds never happens except for preorders not yet released

• @Tibberius:

I would have no problem refunding you, let me look into the implications Steam side, as Slygoat says, it may be difficult to get your key shut off. Please send an email to tornbannerstudios AT gmail.com with your key.

It is a massive headache to do refunds and it wont be possible post release, but we will try to accommodate you.

such a nice game and devs ^^

• @Mr.:

Hopefully the Steam side of things shouldn’t be difficult. During the summer sale, I bought NFS: Hot Pursuit for the purpose of replaying it with a racing wheel. Turns out the wheel support is terrible. I sent Steam Support an email saying just that, and got a refund within the day.

I tried to get a refund on Might and Magic Heroes 6 after they failed to fix a few bugs that made campaign missions impossible to complete and got a standard response of “Steam has a no refunds policy, try these fixes that have been proven not to work because it’s an issue with the game itself”.

• @SlyGoat:

@Mr.:

Hopefully the Steam side of things shouldn’t be difficult. During the summer sale, I bought NFS: Hot Pursuit for the purpose of replaying it with a racing wheel. Turns out the wheel support is terrible. I sent Steam Support an email saying just that, and got a refund within the day.

I tried to get a refund on Might and Magic Heroes 6 after they failed to fix a few bugs that made campaign missions impossible to complete and got a standard response of “Steam has a no refunds policy, try these fixes that have been proven not to work because it’s an issue with the game itself”.

I buy Tropico 3, impossible to play, Steam never refund me. (9 €…)