Increasing Combat Complexity

• I have been playing this game and have observed that the combat is for the most part fare and well done, but doesn’t have very much depth. It would be pretty cool if the Torn Banner team could find a way to really make it like you are face to face with somebody, make the players characters be able to interact more from a combat perspective. I have a few ideas myself as probably some others might who know some about swordplay. If the dev’s would like to discuss this that would be cool.

Also I have watched the Dev. Diaries and so on, but still believe there could be more swings and swing variations that would make it more realistic and increase the feel of the game that the Studio has already put in place. It would be sweet if there was more to make the player feel as if they are really a solider who knows how to wield a Blade or other weapon, not just performing basic swings the whole time. Combat in any Era is more complex than that.

PS: The reloading of the crossbow looks iffy. :)

• It has a huge skill cap, players with hundreds of hours in the game will destroy those with just a few dozen.

When you get more experienced you will find a huge number of variations of ways to attack and defend.

• @gregcau:

It has a huge skill cap, players with hundreds of hours in the game will destroy those with just a few dozen.

When you get more experienced you will find a huge number of variations of ways to attack and defend.

QFT

That’s why this game’s combat is so appealing too. So simple, yet you can do so very many things with it.

• I agree. Yesterday, after 460 hours played I found out that you can start and restart sprinting while comboing…Aaaaaaaah! (why noone told me?)

• I see what you all mean, but I still think it would still be cool if the characters and weapons physically interacted more. Like if both players swing and it so happens that the weapons make contact they will ricochet off each other or depending on the angle and the the weapons themselves (in combat it would most likely happen with blades), they slide along each other to the wrist-guard then depending on angle of blades when the guards meet whoever does the appropriate attack first would land a hit. Or other things along that Line/Style.

Also maybe this is just me but I find it slightly annoying that there are no backward moving swings, along with the standing, forward, or sprinting swings.

• It just came to me that it would add to the realism that if you land a stab and it kills (if you have piercing weapon of course) the sword or other, actually penetrated the body and left a visible mark on the body, that would be cool.

PS: Where do you get to test out the game mods the dev’s are working on/made is that just going into the beta servers?

• @Gwagia:

PS: Where do you get to test out the game mods the dev’s are working on/made is that just going into the beta servers?

In your steam library you should see a Beta version of the game that you can download.

Next iteration of Beta should be in 5-10 days.