OMG one of the best games ever!(and a question)

• ok so I’m in love right now!! I just had the most epic game with some people and we just talked and played… it was soo epic and awesome!!! but I just have one question… can you please make some server closer to my place somehow? I mean I’m from Israel… and the ping that I usually go into servers with 150-100 ping and its really bugging me… (these are the lowest I can get…) by the way if I will change the speed of my internet to 30mb instead of 15mb will it help?

thanks for the help ^^ (and if I want to create a server… can I do it or how I do it?)

• Increasing download speeds doesn’t really alter your latency.

It’s a technological issue. The signals you are sending take time to reach one place or another, which is limited by your ISP’s lines. Even with fiber optic connections, latency would still be pretty high when travelling long distances.

Glad you are enjoying the game though. Do you play mostly with EU or AUS?

• @NoVaLombardia:

Increasing download speeds doesn’t really alter your latency.

It’s a technological issue. The signals you are sending take time to reach one place or another, which is limited by your ISP’s lines. Even with fiber optic connections, latency would still be pretty high when travelling long distances.

Glad you are enjoying the game though. Do you play mostly with EU or AUS?

I would imagine he plays in the EU. He wouldn’t be getting 100-150 ping down here. Closer to 300.

• @Peacerer:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13025

Pretty much. Getting more bandwidth won’t make your ping any low. It may stabilise it more but not reduce it.

I can play fine on a 3G connection. Though it has to be a stable connection.

• Bandwidth isn’t referring to speed, but how much data can flow through at once, essentially. The ping time won’t change much if at all. That’s just technological limits by telephone or cable lines, whatever you use. Actually DSL usually gets better and more consistent pings, but slower download speeds.

Ideally you’ll want fiber optics, but until the entire internet infrastructure is globally converted to that, ping times won’t change that much from a conversion over to that either. It just takes a while to upgrade everything.

If it’s even remotely an option for you, consider moving somewhere closer to a populated Chivalry area, somewhere in EU or NA regions. Chivalry is worth it. ;)

• @The:

Bandwidth isn’t referring to speed, but how much data can flow through at once, essentially. The ping time won’t change much if at all. That’s just technological limits by telephone or cable lines, whatever you use. Actually DSL usually gets better and more consistent pings, but slower download speeds.

Ideally you’ll want fiber optics, but until the entire internet infrastructure is globally converted to that, ping times won’t change that much from a conversion over to that either. It just takes a while to upgrade everything.

If it’s even remotely an option for you, consider moving somewhere closer to a populated Chivalry area, somewhere in EU or NA regions. Chivalry is worth it. ;)

I you want better behaved people go to AUS or NZ.

People refer to bandwidth as speed as it does shorten the time to download and upload things. But as you say not becuase its traveling faster just becuase its carrying more at one time.

• @The:

Ideally you’ll want fiber optics.

CANT WAIT FOR QUANTUM COMPUTING

• Quantum computers, Quantum entanglement internet, quantum burgers.

Quantum chivalry?

• @The:

Quantum chivalry?

too small can’t see anything.

• Macroscopic quantum effect. I am here, I am there, I AM EVERYWHERE!

Until you look at me. Don’t look at me.

• Ma kore toxic.
    Ze mamash magniv lirot od israelim po.

But- sadly if you plan on playing this game on the pubs or generally online you are going to have to deal with playing with 100+ ping. Considering israel only has one cable out to Italy (and the rest of the world) you are not going to get any better pings than maybe 85-90 on really good servers assuming the net load is very minimal and that you have the highest available speeds in the country that as far as I know are right now 100mb download speed, not sure about the upload, but its not alot either.

• @User:

Ma kore toxic.
    Ze mamash magniv lirot od israelim po.

But- sadly if you plan on playing this game on the pubs or generally online you are going to have to deal with playing with 100+ ping. Considering israel only has one cable out to Italy (and the rest of the world) you are not going to get any better pings than maybe 85-90 on really good servers assuming the net load is very minimal and that you have the highest available speeds in the country that as far as I know are right now 100mb download speed, not sure about the upload, but its not alot either.

hakol tov ^^
    mha itha? :)

anyway… thanks for the help guys :) all of you (I couldn’t quote you all soo thanks everyone :) )
    I guess it will have to do its good enough ping that I can play and enjoy the game… I was just wondering. thank you guys and good luck on the battlefield (really wanted to say that XD)

• Quantum computers, Quantum entanglement internet, quantum burgers.

Quantum chivalry?

Waits for the inevitable calls of ‘Bullshit! your using time hax!’